Author Topic: What's happening right now is simply amazing!  (Read 8832 times)

What's happening right now is simply amazing!
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:47:01 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Who knows if this will last but I have not had this much fun watching the Celts in a while!

Think about this, at the moment Stevens is only playing two people that were on this team last year, and only five people that we had during training camp. That is just ridiculous. If there is any doubt about his ability to coach in the league, just wait and see what he will do when our lineup is complete.

Credit Danny for making some great "minor" trades but most of us already have complete faith in Danny.  At the time of the Rondo trade, it was clear that the one player the celts wanted was crowder based off of brad and Danny's comments. This was not luck.

Danny has loved Thomas for awhile, and finally got him. And tommy is right, the celts have not had a guard like him in a looooooooong time.

And jererbko might be the steal of the year. He reminds me of a tattooless Birdman with a jump shot. I've always wanted an energy guy and I think we got him.

Good times! Tommy nailed, the end of the season is going to be fun!

Re: What's happening right now is simply amazing!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:50:06 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Stevens looks amazing right now.

The weirdest thing is Jerebko - look at his complete game log for this season: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3998/jonas-jerebko

I am scared he's going to regress because his play right now is way above anything he has done since he was in Sweden

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:02:20 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

The weirdest thing is Jerebko - look at his complete game log for this season: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3998/jonas-jerebko

I am scared he's going to regress because his play right now is way above anything he has done since he was in Sweden

His rookie year. The Achilles injury from a couple years back certainly derailed him for a while.

He's shooting hot right now, but give him consistent minutes, and he'll produce consistently.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:05:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

His rookie year. The Achilles injury from a couple years back certainly derailed him for a while.

He's shooting hot right now, but give him consistent minutes, and he'll produce consistently.
inshallah.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

inshallah.

Indeed.

Jerebko is the consummate glue guy. Jack of all trades, master of none. Competent and willing defender. Team player. Decent athletic ability, length, nose for the ball. Range to three.

He's overpaid for his current contract, but I'd love to bring him back again next year. But purely as a bench player. If he's starting on a nightly basis, your team isn't very good.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:08 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Another great game from Thomas, he has no fear going to the hole at all. IT just creates so much energy on this team.
He's found a home for the immediate future.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
this is crazy but we may make the 8th seed
i thought with injuries to KO and sully we would start to lose a lot more

we have a lot of young players and guys that know there roles
stevens has guys playing the way he wants them
plus thomas is playing crazy out there

also jerebko is playing well
i dont know much of him but do know that he had a solid rookie season before losing playing time with different coaches

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 01:27:51 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If they beat the Warriors on Sunday, they'll start to turn some heads, including around here. Back in November, Isaiah Thomas led the Suns past the Warriors, and this same Celtics team just beat the Hawks not too long ago. It's a wacky time in the NBA, superstar talent abounds but dynasties are in transition, defense and three-point volume shooting is a leveller again like the East 13 years ago, parity is in the air league-wide like the late 70's. Maybe these naive Celtics can catch lightning (in a 5'9" bottle) and make a they-have-no-business-going-this-far kind of run in the playoffs, like 2002, or like Butler.

But if they get smoked by 40 on Sunday, it'll just be cause to look with hope at the mid-lottery in the mock drafts again. Win-win, lol.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 02:31:54 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
 Maybe it s to early, but the noise made in 4th q. of last 3 games by new guys just streches the smile on my face. I can say know: Me like this team a lot.  :) Can t wait for Sunday and Warriors...supporting C`s from Croatia.
Go get that seed no.8!

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 02:37:22 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Ain't this fun?

Imagine when KO returns...

Imagine Sully after Jenny Craig...

Imagine the Hawks looking in their rear view mirror...

It may not last, and March is going to be gut check time, but I'd rather be where we are this year than where we were last year this time.  More smiles out there, both on players and fans who prefer to win than to wait on the next great thing.

Bring me the Warriors...I ain't afraid!

:D

Rak

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:32 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Maybe Danny should leave this team as it is for a start of next season and just wait to see what will come out. If we add just a nice C and some good picks this can be very interesting bunch of guys led by Stevens. They`re very talented, no doubt, with a lots of energy on both sides of the court. 

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 03:26:53 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
The team are proving they are a much better base to build on than many imagined. Also, coach knows how to build a culture and get the best out of players. Many great sporting teams that have surprised people in the past are based on the theme of getting the players who will buy into the system. DA and Stevens have done that.

If the team keep being competitive it augers well for the future. I will enjoy the rest of this season and look forward to being a contender with the right off season moves. I have faith in DA and think Stevens may be better for us than Doc would have been.

I don't want to get carried away and if we miss the playoffs I wont be too upset, but there is something saying that if we should make the POs, we can give a good account.

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 03:28:01 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm not sure I'd call it amazing.  One of the team's main issues from the start of the season was lack of defined roles.  Way too many redundant pieces.  You had like 4-5 interchangeable guards (including Rondo).   You had multiple PFs and no center.   It always seemed possible that some trades and injuries would solidify the line-up.   It's not terribly surprising that we've won a few games without the sporadic constant line-up shifts.  Helps that we dropped a couple of the overrated players and got a couple underrated contributors.  We're still a bad team, but it seems we've improved our play slightly.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 03:39:15 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Gritty perimeter defense and quick triggers with the 3-ball are taking some teams by surprise.

Lack of interior defense and a go - to scorer that's only 5-9 probably keep us behind Indy and Detroit for the playoffs.

But it's a group that should look appealing to free agent centers and scoring wings.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 04:03:27 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
It kinda feels to me like what happened to the Raptors after their Rudy Gay trade.

What I keep wondering, how much of this Jerebko/Crowder/Smart can be chalked up to analytics? The whole proof of it working is how it appears to be streaks and luck but it just keeps growing. That's how it feels to me, anyway. I hope that's the case. I'm sure we're all getting carried away from beating bad teams but the change is very apparent.

All I care about is the fact that I am rushing home to watch these guys with purpose, other than with guilt and obligation. This season's a success as a fan, considering where we've come from.

Thomas to me is the spitting image, game wise, of Damon Stoudamire. He couldn't be more legit. That's before even starting to talk about AB validating his contract and Marcus Smart's dead-eye shooting, turning other team's waste into profit and coach getting a rap for putting a competitive squad out there every single night.

I love this team!
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~