Author Topic: Adam Silver takes a stroll through the Garden  (Read 1950 times)

Adam Silver takes a stroll through the Garden
« on: February 27, 2015, 06:53:35 PM »

Offline Green-Bananas

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I heard Mike Gorman say the other night the Commissioner Adam Silver will be at the game Friday night and sit in on the game with Tommy and Mike.

This got me wondering; if I had just one question for the Commish what would it be?

Hmmm so many questions?
•There is the tanking question
•What about age limit
•How about legalized betting
•Referees
•Luxury Tax Increase
•Etc.

The thing I dislike most about the NBA is the tanking. Rewarding bad behavior has never set well with me. It goes against everything I believe in.

Therefore, my question would be something like; “I know the owners recently voted not to make a rule change on the lottery odds.  “But, could you ever envision a change in the draft order that rewarded teams for just missing the playoffs”? Maybe, increase the odds for the teams closer to making the playoffs, and grant a higher salary cap for the teams with the worst record?

What would some of you ask the Commissioner if you had the opportunity?

Re: Adam Silver takes a stroll through the Garden
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I heard Mike Gorman say the other night the Commissioner Adam Silver will be at the game Friday night and sit in on the game with Tommy and Mike.

This got me wondering; if I had just one question for the Commish what would it be?

Hmmm so many questions?
•What about age limit
•How about legalized betting
•Referees
•Luxury Tax Increase
•Etc.

The thing I dislike most about the NBA is the tanking. Rewarding bad behavior has never set well with me. It goes against everything I believe in.

Therefore, my question would be something like; “I know the owners recently voted not to make a rule change on the lottery odds.  “But, could you ever envision a change in the draft order that rewarded teams for just missing the playoffs”? Maybe, increase the odds for the teams closer to making the playoffs, and grant a higher salary cap for the teams with the worst record?

What would some of you ask the Commissioner if you had the opportunity?

Referees and coach challenges. 1 challenge per coach per game wouldn't slow the game down much, and it would help cut down on some of the controversial bad officiating calls that play a big role in the end of games.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would love to ask questions about controversial stuff like Donaghy, but I don't think that he would answer it.  I think most of the things I'm most interested in would just get him to be like "no further questions."   I would probably ask something dumb like why we are stuck watching regular def League Pass games when the HD streams exist - it makes no sense.  TP for the interesting topic.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:08:49 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
One question, Adam.

Joey Crawford? Really?

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Hmmm so many questions?

I totally agree with this statement .    Sitting a player or two at seasons end is one thing.   But ...unloading or trading all the players away that are decent .....to come in last or finish poorly by design....is stealing ticket money from paying fans.

You play the game .... Always do your best to win for your city and fans

I would want my money returned.  I paid to see good players play.   Not to see a whole season of D league talent at extreme prices.

Tanking teams selling off players to be worse should be forced return money to people who paid for one thing and got something totally different.

This is really sleazy ....only a low bush league scheme without regard for the over all integrity of the sport.

Setting out to LOOSE for the season .....is not in the spirt of professionalism.....

Silver needs to be told this asked how he will address it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:18:52 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
So rewarding a top pick to the team that recently won a championship is fair? Uhhhh.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
So rewarding a top pick to the team that recently won a championship is fair? Uhhhh.

Of course not , nobody said that .......

But .....if you tank out ...sleaze out one year.....and get the top pick ......no you shouldn't be allowed to repeat in the lottery ......like Philly .....for years on end ....this is no bad ......not good for professional sports.   Common sense.

Team s need to play ball....not stall and cheat by losing on purpose to get a draft pick .......the way way to regulate it ..is limit the number of years in a Rowe you can be in the lottery.

Teams need to play ball , use what they have ....act like grown ups,  not teenagers .

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is a good commissioner.   

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Silver would be disgusted reading some threads around here. "Fans" rooting against their teams.

Yeah, yeah, hinkiers, I know your arguments, not interested in hear this stuff again.

The problem is this failed lottery system.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo