Author Topic: Cs need to be at the 8th pick or better  (Read 14536 times)

Re: Cs need to be at the 8th pick or better
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2015, 05:35:53 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
so, based upon the ideas in this thread, there seems to be 9 players whom most people consider to be pretty good in this draft. they are (in no strict order):

- okafur
- mudiay
- johnson
- towns
- russell
- cauley-stein
- pozingas
- herzonja
- oubre

if the celtics get one of these guys, we would be fairly happy? if so, then i believe that will happen. given the celtics probable position and ability to trade up, i am sure one of the last 4 guys will be a celtic this summer.....unless ainge trades the pick for a nba player.  ;D

so this year's draft is looking like it will fun, right?

oh....and should we have the OP change the thread title to "9th pick"?  ;D

Miles Turner is probably in that group too.  I would put him ahead of Oubre, but Oubre has great size and seems to be coming on a little more.  I think there is a really good top 8 (all those guys - Oubre), then Oubre, Turner, Winslow and Looney round out the top 12.  Then it becomes a dumpster fire.  Someone could establish themselves this month in the tournament, but it seems a little less likely this year.  A lot of the probable stars of March Madness that are not listed in those 12 are already 21 or so and don't have the size to compete in the NBA.    The top 12 is really solid though.

Later in the draft there are some intriguing guys who might pan out like George Lucas Alves de Paula and Robert Upshaw, but they're total lottery tickets. 

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
While I agree with others here that as long as Kobe is on the team (eating up 1/3rd of the cap space and playing inefficiently) then they won't be competitive, I think the bigger issue with the team is the Owner.

Jerry Buss was a great owner.  As with most Legacy Children they aren't nearly as good as their parent (Jerry), and the Lakers are a perfect example.  As long as they are the owner I don't see them being well run, but they will always remain a top landing spot for free agents once Kobe leaves.

Considering how great the Western Conference is, and how much of the cap space Kobe takes up, I don't see how the Lakers will be a top 6 team in the West next year.  They MIGHT make the playoffs next year, but I bet they won't. 

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
There was a post a while ago saying that the top 12 guys all have star potential and after that the draft tales off.

The other 4 he mentioned were Looney, Oubre, Winslow, and Turner.

It is too early to really say firmly that certain guys will go in certain places, but for arguments sake this top 12 looks solid. I could see Booker or Harrell also being selected in the lottery.

For me, Id love a wing or a 5 (obviously enough) so this draft is great from 1-12 for that
Johnson is my favorite player in the draft. Oubre isnt far behind. I havent seen much of Winslow or Hezonja but they both sound fantastic to me as well.

For the big man, towns and Okafor seem out of reach. Turners athleticism worries me and WCS has no offensive upside. That being said they are both 7ft and can block shots. If we got them I couldnt be that mad.

Lastly, I know nothing of Prozingis other than that he is 7 ft and athletic.

Perfect offseason for me:
Draft Stanley Johnson (or the other 3 wings I mentioned)
            Yes Id rather have a top 3 pick, but thats even more unrealistic than wish #5
Sign Deandre Jordan
James Young learns to use his right hand
Smart learns to dribble/finish over length
Sully loses weight comes back in best shape of life

Can you imagine a defense with Smart, Bradley, Johnson (or Winslow) and Deandre Jordan?