Author Topic: Cs need to be at the 8th pick or better  (Read 14467 times)

Re: Cs need to be at the 8th pick or better
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
porzingis is so thin has everybody lost their perspective from a few game tapes from europe-get a true power forward or center---this kid will never put on weight quick enough

he is 19 and would be  joining a rebuilding team. I think the Cs will have the patience to aloow him to gain weight and get stronger. Its not like JaJuan Johnson who was super skinny and 23 when he was drafted. Look at Valanciunas on the Raptors or for that matter Anthony Davis. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
porzingis is so thin has everybody lost their perspective from a few game tapes from europe-get a true power forward or center---this kid will never put on weight quick enough

he is 19 and would be  joining a rebuilding team. I think the Cs will have the patience to aloow him to gain weight and get stronger. Its not like JaJuan Johnson who was super skinny and 23 when he was drafted. Look at Valanciunas on the Raptors or for that matter Anthony Davis.

Porzingis would require some patience indeed, but I think he can have a very, very good future.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
How good of a defender is Justice Winslow? I know Duke have been playing a lot of zone defense. How has he looked when playing one on one defense?

Does he have capacity to be an elite defender? Or just an above average defender?

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
How good of a defender is Justice Winslow? I know Duke have been playing a lot of zone defense. How has he looked when playing one on one defense?

Does he have capacity to be an elite defender? Or just an above average defender?

This is from draftexpress, so take it as you will (but they seem to be trusted).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INnQex5ZfQQ

The DEFENSE scouting report part starts at 3:05, but it's a good watch to see the entire thing and get a look at what he can do.

He's an athelte, and can be molded into a great defensive player. Granted, they do play zone, but that scouting report shows he's fundamentally solid and is quick on his feet.

I'd drool if we draft him, I would drool and will not clean it up, and I will make it my Justice Winslow shrine.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would Oubre and Turner to the mix. In fact, with the way shooting is valued Booker has a shot of being a top 10 pick.

I know very little about Booker but, from what I've been reading, I see a lot of "elite shooter," "makes plays to score," "high basketball IQ," etc.  Is this guy Dougie McBuckets 2.0?

Mike

I would say a better comp is Redick. Booker is a good prospect because of his shooting but he is an average prospect in most other aspects.

I wouldn't say that. Booker is bigger and a better athlete than Redick. I would say a much better comparison would be Klay. Let's not forget that Booker is 18 and doesn't turn 19 until October.

Chad Ford-
Ford was asked if the comparisons between Booker and Thompson were that outlandish during his weekly chat today. Here’s his response.

“I would have said yes in July or October and maybe even in late November. Now? No, not outlandish. He’s been great for Kentucky. He might be their most important player right now. And when you watch what Steph Curry and Thompson are doing. Or if you watch Kyle Korver’s historic season in Atlanta — you look at Booker and see that potential to be an elite shooter. He’s steadily moved up the board all year, sits at No. 14 right now and I still think he has room to keep moving up.“

Measurements:

Booker
Ht 6-6.25
Wgt 206
Wingspan 6-6.25
Standing Reach 8-4
No-step vert 31.0
Max vert 35.5

Klay
Ht 6-7.25
Wgt 206
Wingspan 6-9
Standing Reach 8-7.5
No-step vert 26.5
Max vert 31.5

Redick
Ht 6-4.75
Wgt 190
Wingspan 6-3.25
Standing Reach 8-1.5
No-step vert 27.5
Max vert 33.0

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I think where this draft actually has a major drop in talent is after 13.

Tier 1
Okafor
Mudiay
Towns

Tier 2
Johnson
Russell
Porzingis (based on on the buzz surrounding him)

Tier 3 (huge tier with wings and bigs and separated accordingly)

Wings-
Hezonja
Oubre
Booker
Winslow

Bigs-
Cauley-Stein
Turner
Looney

Kaminsky is outside my top 13 based on his lack of upside and the fact that his skill-set is redundant to our current crop of players. I'd take Poeltl instead of him because the higher ceiling.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Tier 1
Okafor
Mudiay
Towns

Tier 2
Johnson
Russell

Wings-
Hezonja
Oubre
Booker
Winslow

Bigs-
Cauley-Stein
Turner
Looney

Kaminsky is outside my top 13 based on his lack of upside and the fact that his skill-set is redundant to our current crop of players. I'd take Poeltl instead of him because the higher ceiling.

How do you have Hezonja in the third tier? How do you know he is not Tier 1 good? 

Have you seen Kaminskys stats this season?

Just bc someone is a jr or sr does not mean a freshman is automatically much better bc they haven't reached their potential yet.   

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 07:14:44 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Tier 1
Okafor
Mudiay
Towns

Tier 2
Johnson
Russell

Wings-
Hezonja
Oubre
Booker
Winslow

Bigs-
Cauley-Stein
Turner
Looney

How do you have Hezonja in the third tier? How do you know he is not Tier 1 good? 

Just bc someone is a jr or sr does not mean a freshman is automatically much better bc they haven't reached their potential yet.

Yeah if anything, Hezonja is tier 2 and Porzingis is tier 3

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 07:31:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Tier 1
Okafor
Mudiay
Towns

Tier 2
Johnson
Russell

Wings-
Hezonja
Oubre
Booker
Winslow

Bigs-
Cauley-Stein
Turner
Looney

Hezonja could be tier 1 good, but I doubt he gets drafted there.

Yes, I've seen Kaminsky play a lot and I know his stats, but what is that you see that I'm missing? What is his ceiling? He's turning 22 soon and I'm willing to wager his combine numbers will be weak. That's going to cause him to fall in the draft. I think his teammate, Dekker, is the better prospect.

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 01:40:24 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i think it may be too late to get a top 8 pick

we keep winning games and some of them are games we are supposed to lose (injuries to key players)

hopefully a good prospect drops to where we would be picking (10-13 area)

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We are about to hit a pretty brutal stretch without Sully which will be a big test. If we can come out of this trip at over .500 then we can be excited about the playoffs.

I think we are more likely to get 3 or 4 wins outta the next 10 games at most as teams start to prepare for the playoffs.

Making the playoffs would be very bitter sweet for me,  but if they do make it all we can do is enjoy it and hope our guys grow ALOT with the experience.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:11:13 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i think it may be too late to get a top 8 pick

we keep winning games and some of them are games we are supposed to lose (injuries to key players)

hopefully a good prospect drops to where we would be picking (10-13 area)

we have plenty of ammo to try and trade up if theres a player we want available in the 6-10 range.

enjoy the wins.  :)
Greg

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 09:22:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Focusing on losing is not a vey pleasant way to live.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 09:40:52 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Tier 1
Okafor
Mudiay
Towns

Tier 2
Johnson
Russell

Wings-
Hezonja
Oubre
Booker
Winslow

Bigs-
Cauley-Stein
Turner
Looney

I don't enjoy individual player highlights because it's not an accurate representation of the player. The game below is how Kaminsky looked defensively when matched up vs Kentucky's NBA level bigs (Randle and Johnson/Cauley-Stein was injured). They attacked him at will and he simply looked overmatched physically. It'll only get worse in the NBA. That's why his upside is limited. His absolute best case scenario is a better version of Hawes.

He finished with 8 pts and 5 reb in 32 minutes, but more importantly watch how they attack him repeatedly. They had no respect for him whatsoever as an interior defender.

From around the 2 min mark to about the 3:30 is an eyeopener.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKptRih8zpc
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:56:47 AM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No college big is going to look good against Kentucky. They have four potential 1st round bigs in WCS, Towns, Lyles, D.Johnson. I believe their front court average height is bigger than any NBA team.