Author Topic: Is Nick Van Exel a Good Comparison for Isaiah Thomas?  (Read 4532 times)

Re: Is Nick Van Exel a Good Comparison for Isaiah Thomas?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 01:45:30 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
On March 18, 2014, Thomas recorded his first career triple-double with 24 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds in a 117-111 overtime win over the Washington Wizards; giving him status as the shortest player to ever record a triple-double in the NBA.

During his last season with the Kings, Thomas joined the likes of Calvin Murphy, Dana Barros, Damon Stoudamire, and Michael Adams as the only players under 6'0" tall to average over 20 points per game and 6 assists per game in a season.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 01:48:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
On March 18, 2014, Thomas recorded his first career triple-double with 24 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds in a 117-111 overtime win over the Washington Wizards; giving him status as the shortest player to ever record a triple-double in the NBA.

During his last season with the Kings, Thomas joined the likes of Calvin Murphy, Dana Barros, Damon Stoudamire, and Michael Adams as the only players under 6'0" tall to average over 20 points per game and 6 assists per game in a season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_Thomas_%28basketball,_born_1989%29
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
As I put it in another thread, his name is Isaiah Thomas but his game is more like Alan Iverson. Almost certain that he'll never quite be great like one or the other, but he could still be very good just by being a middle-class version. Allen Iverson with a slightly shorter ceiling in exchange for increased efficiency might even be preferable to the legend in terms of constructing a contender.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »

Offline kobe42085

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Damon Stoudamire

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Damon Stoudemire is a better comp.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »

Online jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

This isn't meant to be an insult, but how many times have you actually made this post in the past week? 8, 10, 12? It's great info and I am sure people appreciate you posting it, but I think we now all know this stuff.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 12:46:03 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
http://bkref.com/tiny/xsPm5

I'm sticking with Lil' A.I. as closest comp for I.T.

"A.I.I.T." would be a good nickname because he's much better than a poor man's version of Iverson, he's an a'ight version. A miniaturized version of A.I. with all the created-player sliders set a little lower overall but upped in a few key places for efficiency.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 01:12:23 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't know who IT reminds me of most, but i'll tell you this, this is his game, this what he did in Sacramento. And this is what he would have done in Phenix. If they featured him as we do.

It's not all about Thomas. When Crowder, Smart, and Bradley are on the floor with him, you have some intense defensive pressure going on. The chemistry is positive.