Author Topic: Cousins was available at the trade deadline?  (Read 7983 times)

Re: Cousins was available at the trade deadline?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm curious as to which players you have ahead of Cousins right now?

me too. 

Building block players I have ahead of Cousins is a very short list:
1) Lebron
2) Anthony Davis
3) Durant
4a) Cousins
4b) Westbrook (maybe higher not sure)?

No one is trading anyone off that list anytime soon except maybe Cousins.

And yeah maybe someone will say what about S. Curry, Marc Gasol, Carmello?  Gasol is a great player, but he is 5 years older than Boogie.  Curry is an amazing player but not on the level of the other 5 yet (getting close).  Carmello ehh...blah.

I'd put Curry in that category.  Harden, too.  But it's a short list.  6th in points, 3rd in rebounds, 24 years old.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Heard they wanted Smart, Sully, this year's 1st and a Brooklyn pick as "starters". Cousins was going for a King's ransom.

Where'd you hear this?  It doesn't necessarily sound reliable to me.  I would have done that trade in a second, though.

Oh man i would have done that trade as well, like 100 times in a row.  We are going to be lucky if our pick is in the 7-8 range.  probably a miles turner like player. 

But then again I don't value Smart and Sully quite as much as a lot of folks here do.  Both are good young players but trading 5 dimes for a quarter to me is always a win.

I doubt that even the Kings would make that deal though.  I agree with others who said that DA would have already completed that if it was the case.

I don't agree that this is such a great trade. Cousins is great but if you sell the farm for him the team will be bad and he'll be just as unhappy here as he was in Sacramento.

Would they consider Sully, Bradley, both picks this year top-3 protected, and both Nets picks top-3 protected?

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I admit this exercise was harder then I thought.

Here's my list.

James
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Davis
Gasol
Paul
George
Love
Lilliard
Griffin
Irving
Wall
Thompson

It gets shady at this point as far as where I think he falls.

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

me too. 

Building block players I have ahead of Cousins is a very short list:
1) Lebron
2) Anthony Davis
3) Durant
4a) Cousins
4b) Westbrook (maybe higher not sure)?

No one is trading anyone off that list anytime soon except maybe Cousins.

And yeah maybe someone will say what about S. Curry, Marc Gasol, Carmello?  Gasol is a great player, but he is 5 years older than Boogie.  Curry is an amazing player but not on the level of the other 5 yet (getting close).  Carmello ehh...blah.

I'd put Curry in that category.  Harden, too.  But it's a short list.  6th in points, 3rd in rebounds, 24 years old.

Yeah Curry is pretty much there too, he would be 5 for me.  I completely forgot about Harden.  Sorry James.  I am not a huge Harden fan though, I know he has been filling it up lately (or for the last 3 years) but he is a poor defensive player and everyone in my top 5 I consider at least a good def player.  I just don't see  another 5-10 players better than Cousins.  Well just my opinion.

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 04:45:55 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Zach Randolph is no joke. Those weren't just words he was throwing at Cousins. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Cousins completely shut down. It's like he's a fake tough guy.

???

Wait, so keeping his composure now is a sign of softness?

But, losing his composure is a sign of immaturity?
I don't see how him standing there and sharing words with Randolph would be considered immature. Now kicking a chair into other people who have nothing to do with his issues is certainly immature.

Well, by walking away Randolph picked up a T, and he didn't.  That seems like a fairly composed, smart basketball play to me.

I couldn't care less if Cousins kicks a chair on the sidelines.  He was obviously frustrated, and he maintained his composure until going to the bench.

Let's be real, though:  if Cousins got into Randolph's face and got T'd up, or if he'd thrown an elbow at Randolph in retaliation for the two that Randolph gave him, you'd be using those as examples of Cousins being a dirt bag, as well.
Not really. I never called him a dirt bag. I would also never complain about a player showing a little KG in them.

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 05:51:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I admit this exercise was harder then I thought.

Here's my list.

James
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Davis
Gasol
Paul
George
Love (Overrated)
Lilliard (Great scorer, but still horrible at defense)
Griffin (Overrated player who can't defend, has terrible post moves, and relies on his vertical/athleticism)
Irving
Wall
Thompson

It gets shady at this point as far as where I think he falls.

Cousins is definitely a top 10-15 player to me. I like and agree with your list, although, if you placed most players like Irving or Griffin on the Kings, it would be debatable if they could do better or worse.

I also think Cousins immaturity is so over blown... Rondo/KG/Pierce have had outbursts before. Cousins needs the right environment to thrive. I actually think Smart/Brad Stevens could be a big  factor in determining whether or not Cousins success.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Heard they wanted Smart, Sully, this year's 1st and a Brooklyn pick as "starters". Cousins was going for a King's ransom.

Link?

Anyway, I would've done that deal in a heartbeat.

I see too in the article I posted a link to that Karl wants Ty Lawson in Sactown.

I wonder if that's why Ainge had "reported" interest in Lawson?

To flip him to Sacramento

If Cousins does become available this summer, DA has to work his "magic."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:33:23 PM by gpap »

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Cousins at it again , kicking a chair into another human being . Piece of crap

Yes, abusing inanimate objects makes somebody a terrible person.  Like that time Rondo threw a water bottle into a TV.  We should have traded him then.  Ricky Rubio, too:

David Ortiz is a piece of crap, too:

... as are dozens and dozens of other professional athletes and managers / coaches.

Why don't we make snap judgments on Cousins' character when he does something positive, like keeps his composure when Zach Randolph elbows him in the face twice?

Surprised to see you defending this one.  There were people behind said chair who absorbed some of the impact.  The lady was visibly shocked.

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
My love for Marcus Smart has clearly taken me to an irrational place where I hate the idea of trading him for anyone.  At least I admit I have a problem.  ;D

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cousins at it again , kicking a chair into another human being . Piece of crap

Yes, abusing inanimate objects makes somebody a terrible person.  Like that time Rondo threw a water bottle into a TV.  We should have traded him then.  Ricky Rubio, too:

David Ortiz is a piece of crap, too:

... as are dozens and dozens of other professional athletes and managers / coaches.

Why don't we make snap judgments on Cousins' character when he does something positive, like keeps his composure when Zach Randolph elbows him in the face twice?

Surprised to see you defending this one.  There were people behind said chair who absorbed some of the impact.  The lady was visibly shocked.

The guy got frustrated and took out his frustrations on an inanimate object.  I'm sure millions of people have done the same thing. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes