Author Topic: Cousins was available at the trade deadline?  (Read 7982 times)

Re: Cousins was available at the trade deadline?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Cousins at it again , kicking a chair into another human being . Piece of crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_b1KstPR4c

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 01:52:13 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I don't think he saw the dude. He probably should buy that guy a new car. He definitely saved Cousins from a suspension. Imagine that chair hitting that frightened lady in the stands.  :)

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Heard they wanted Smart, Sully, this year's 1st and a Brooklyn pick as "starters". Cousins was going for a King's ransom.

Where'd you hear this?  It doesn't necessarily sound reliable to me.  I would have done that trade in a second, though.

Oh man i would have done that trade as well, like 100 times in a row.  We are going to be lucky if our pick is in the 7-8 range.  probably a miles turner like player. 

But then again I don't value Smart and Sully quite as much as a lot of folks here do.  Both are good young players but trading 5 dimes for a quarter to me is always a win.

I doubt that even the Kings would make that deal though.  I agree with others who said that DA would have already completed that if it was the case.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Heard they wanted Smart, Sully, this year's 1st and a Brooklyn pick as "starters". Cousins was going for a King's ransom.

Where'd you hear this?  It doesn't necessarily sound reliable to me.  I would have done that trade in a second, though.

Oh man i would have done that trade as well, like 100 times in a row.  We are going to be lucky if our pick is in the 7-8 range.  probably a miles turner like player. 

But then again I don't value Smart and Sully quite as much as a lot of folks here do.  Both are good young players but trading 5 dimes for a quarter to me is always a win.

I doubt that even the Kings would make that deal though.  I agree with others who said that DA would have already completed that if it was the case.
Are you so sure this is a good move. I'm fully against wanting Cousins but I can see his talent. I might be wrong. But how can anyone say you definitely have to make this deal. Like another poster said. It might take three years to put a team around him. For all we know we might just have him for three years. He also comes with a ton of baggage.

This guy has buyer beware written all over him.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

Are you so sure this is a good move. I'm fully against wanting Cousins but I can see his talent. I might be wrong. But how can anyone say you definitely have to make this deal. Like another poster said. It might take three years to put a team around him. For all we know we might just have him for three years. He also comes with a ton of baggage.

I think that all-nba / top 5 / mvp talent is needed to compete for championships.  I kind of feel like Cousins is one of the only mvp level players that is going to be available for trade in the next couple of years. 

I agree it would be a risk, but I also believe that DA would move quickly to add other high level players with Cousins if not immediately, then the following season.  I think if you trade for Boogie you go all in and try to improve drastically in the year or so following trading for him.  I don't think it would take 3 years to be relevant again.  I think we would make the playoffs the year we trade for Cousins and other 1 or 2 top level players would be acquired very quickly.  DA has the assets, and we will have more cap space after next year w/ GW off the books.

I am not really worried about the maturity stuff, Cousins has matured a lot already, and I personally thinks he needs to get with a better front office / team and he will be fine.  I would prefer if it was us.

I mean I just don't understand how people feel its so risky.  To me it is way more risky to wait 4-5 years to see if young players develop to a level that Cousins is already at.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 02:24:41 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm pretty sure if Cousins would've been available more people would've been reporting it, even if they were quietly shopping him.  He honestly would have been the only superstar on the market this year, so one would think a bigger deal would've been made over it.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 03:22:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_b1KstPR4c

Yes, abusing inanimate objects makes somebody a terrible person.  Like that time Rondo threw a water bottle into a TV.  We should have traded him then.  Ricky Rubio, too:

David Ortiz is a piece of crap, too:

... as are dozens and dozens of other professional athletes and managers / coaches.

Why don't we make snap judgments on Cousins' character when he does something positive, like keeps his composure when Zach Randolph elbows him in the face twice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyNAe2ktdqo

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I think that all-nba / top 5 / mvp talent is needed to compete for championships.  I kind of feel like Cousins is one of the only mvp level players that is going to be available for trade in the next couple of years. 

I agree it would be a risk, but I also believe that DA would move quickly to add other high level players with Cousins if not immediately, then the following season.  I think if you trade for Boogie you go all in and try to improve drastically in the year or so following trading for him.  I don't think it would take 3 years to be relevant again.  I think we would make the playoffs the year we trade for Cousins and other 1 or 2 top level players would be acquired very quickly.  DA has the assets, and we will have more cap space after next year w/ GW off the books.

I am not really worried about the maturity stuff, Cousins has matured a lot already, and I personally thinks he needs to get with a better front office / team and he will be fine.  I would prefer if it was us.

I mean I just don't understand how people feel its so risky.  To me it is way more risky to wait 4-5 years to see if young players develop to a level that Cousins is already at.
I don't see him as a top 5 talent. I think it's even debatable if he's a top 15. The part I won't disagree on is he's on his way up.

So by your logic, I would make the trade. But it would be for a Russell Westbrook player or Marc Gasol. And if the trade was for someone who was not a top 15 player, I would pass on players who came with extra baggage. I would also make sure if it wasn't a top 5 player that I wasn't making a mistake by giving up too much.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 03:43:36 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm curious as to which players you have ahead of Cousins right now?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 03:50:47 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Zach Randolph is no joke. Those weren't just words he was throwing at Cousins. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Cousins completely shut down. It's like he's a fake tough guy.

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Zach Randolph is no joke. Those weren't just words he was throwing at Cousins. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Cousins completely shut down. It's like he's a fake tough guy.

???

Wait, so keeping his composure now is a sign of softness?

But, losing his composure is a sign of immaturity?

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

???

I don't see how him standing there and sharing words with Randolph would be considered immature. Now kicking a chair into other people who have nothing to do with his issues is certainly immature.

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

???

I don't see how him standing there and sharing words with Randolph would be considered immature. Now kicking a chair into other people who have nothing to do with his issues is certainly immature.

Well, by walking away Randolph picked up a T, and he didn't.  That seems like a fairly composed, smart basketball play to me.

I couldn't care less if Cousins kicks a chair on the sidelines.  He was obviously frustrated, and he maintained his composure until going to the bench.

Let's be real, though:  if Cousins got into Randolph's face and got T'd up, or if he'd thrown an elbow at Randolph in retaliation for the two that Randolph gave him, you'd be using those as examples of Cousins being a dirt bag, as well. 

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 04:17:18 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
I'm curious as to which players you have ahead of Cousins right now?

me too. 

Building block players I have ahead of Cousins is a very short list:
1) Lebron
2) Anthony Davis
3) Durant
4a) Cousins
4b) Westbrook (maybe higher not sure)?

No one is trading anyone off that list anytime soon except maybe Cousins.

And yeah maybe someone will say what about S. Curry, Marc Gasol, Carmello?  Gasol is a great player, but he is 5 years older than Boogie.  Curry is an amazing player but not on the level of the other 5 yet (getting close).  Carmello ehh...blah.