Author Topic: Cousins was available at the trade deadline?  (Read 7981 times)

Cousins was available at the trade deadline?
« on: February 27, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25083137/report-kings-made-demarcus-cousins-available-at-trade-deadline

If Cousins (by some slim chance) becomes available, then Ainge needs to use his "assets" to get him.

He is an established franchise center which is exactly what we need.

Re: Cousins was available at the trade deadline?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm sure Danny knows this, I would absolutely throw all my assets to grab Cousins. Despite his immaturity, his talent is absolutely elite. If he can control his temper, I think he can definitely help a lot of teams. Not to mention, I would say we have more potential than the Kings. Just my opinion. Thomas, Bradley, and Smart rotation is better than their guard rotation. We have a mix of good offensive and defense front court. Besides Cousins, I don't think another player on the Kings team that would go in the game ready for blood. We have Smart, he brings very high energy to every game. Him and Bradley are defensively amazing and causes problems for opposing team. Cousins is better than Sully in my opinion, brings a legit post threat, where he can kick it out back to Bradley who is a reliable 3 pt shooter.

Smart
Bradley
Turner
Kelly
Cousins

this starting lineup is more than enough to make 8th seed. Since getting Thomas, looking at the 8th seed became a huge possibly and very realistic. I'm all for giving much of our assets to grab Cousins

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think it's overblown. George Karl isn't nearly as much of a system coach as people seem to want to believe -- that article reads like he's Mike D'Antoni.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Heard they wanted Smart, Sully, this year's 1st and a Brooklyn pick as "starters". Cousins was going for a King's ransom.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Heard they wanted Smart, Sully, this year's 1st and a Brooklyn pick as "starters". Cousins was going for a King's ransom.

Where'd you hear this?  It doesn't necessarily sound reliable to me.  I would have done that trade in a second, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Kings... even with new ownership, they simply can't get out of their own way.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 12:07:31 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Where'd you hear this?  It doesn't necessarily sound reliable to me.  I would have done that trade in a second, though.

Ditto.
I would have done that in a second, as would have Ainge.
But, I question that Cousins was "available". I just don't think that he was.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
This trade is a no-brainer so I'm dubious about the veracity of this rumor since no source is cited.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Could that be why Danny grabbed IT? Knew he may be parting ways with Smart this summer? I would hope to add some more defense on the team though. Smart, Cousins, and Bradley would have been really fun to watch, but if Smart's gone I think we'd one more piece to be elite defensively.

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
This trade is a no-brainer so I'm dubious about the veracity of this rumor since no source is cited.

I'm pretty sure if this was real, Danny would've pulled that trigger immediately. You're trading a potential elite/good talent for a REAL elite talent, and if that is all it takes, I'm puttling that trigger and it seems pretty cheap in my opinion

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
How lucky was Cousins in that video.

Some fan is probably getting hit from that chair if that security guy wasn't crouched behind it.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Ditto.
I would have done that in a second, as would have Ainge.
But, I question that Cousins was "available". I just don't think that he was.
if that was the price I can't imagine Danny not pulling the trigger immediately.  I like Sully and Smart but that deal changes the direction of the franchise immediately

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Hard to say how real this "I heard" comment is but I think that package (Smart, Sullinger, 2 really good picks) is a decent package.  That seems like more than we offered for Love.  We would still be left with some decent players (Thomas, Bradley, Olynyk, Zeller) and we would still have some good future picks.  Cousins would have to be patient for a few years as we would be all that good right away.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wasn't reliable was conversation at a game. Just 1 guy said starting part on any deal would cost them "starting pieces" I mention. It's not all the details or pieces just starting point. It was at Rockets game. He did say Danny wouldn't deal for Cousins though. His reason paraphrasing, He hasn't hit his lowest value yet.

So basically if I believed it wouldn't matter cause I don't want Cousins if things are going even worst for him. If he is more mental or injured would you want him?

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Hard to say how real this "I heard" comment is but I think that package (Smart, Sullinger, 2 really good picks) is a decent package.  That seems like more than we offered for Love.  We would still be left with some decent players (Thomas, Bradley, Olynyk, Zeller) and we would still have some good future picks.  Cousins would have to be patient for a few years as we would be all that good right away.
But his contract expires then. So we would be risking losing all those assets for possibly 3 moody years of Cousins.