Author Topic: Team Captain?  (Read 2608 times)

Team Captain?
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:07 PM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
1) Do we have one currently?

2) Does a team really need one anyway?

3) By not having one (if we currently do not), does it undermine the position if we later appoint one? (given , for now at least, we are saying we either don't need one or don't have anyone who qualifies).

Re: Team Captain?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Having a team captain is bull....

Brad Stevens is the only team captain we need.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Bradley is the leader of this group.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
none, no one deserves it as of right now

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 04:52:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
no one for now. but it seems obvious that sooner or later smart will step up to that role.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 05:12:02 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
If Stevens is the coach, I doubt their will ever be one again. He didn't want to make RR captain, I think it was DA who pushed it (of course RR wanted it too). I remember before they made RR captain CBS said it wasn't something he does (something along those lines).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I m not much on a captain for he team a this point either .

I think it was a ploy to make Rondo feel wanted , comfortable, get him involved in his comeback, stay positive...etc.

I agree .....CBS is not needing a capt. At the moment .....he needs 15 guys to stay in one place a year so he can mold them into a team

I think a capt is good for a contender ...somebody to led and speak up during the pressure.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's better to not have a captain than to give it to somebody who isn't going to lead (i.e., Rondo).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I think it was a ploy to make Rondo feel wanted , comfortable, get him involved in his comeback, stay positive...etc.

I agree .....CBS is not needing a capt. At the moment .....he needs 15 guys to stay in one place a year so he can mold them into a team

I think a capt is good for a contender ...somebody to led and speak up during the pressure.

Or, just to make Rondo look like some sort of mature, team leader before they could trade him away.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Or, just to make Rondo look like some sort of mature, team leader before they could trade him away.

Or until his birthday rolls around...

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:58 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
1) Do we have one currently?

2) Does a team really need one anyway?

3) By not having one (if we currently do not), does it undermine the position if we later appoint one? (given , for now at least, we are saying we either don't need one or don't have anyone who qualifies).
I think the opposite for point 3. By not having a captain, we are saying we dont need to have one yes, but we are also saying that it is something earned, not just given out for the sake of giving out.

I think this should only be given out if you have a true leader. Pierce fit this bill Rondo did not. I believe our next captain will be Marcus Smart in a few years.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Crash. No question. Be a G on the sidelines, play little to no minutes, come in for an end-of-game full-court pass with 2 seconds left on the regular. I'd prob resign the dude, no decrease in salary.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 01:55:28 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Everybody on team is a captain.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Surely if someone like Pervis Ellison can get his name on the Captains list then pretty much anyone on the team now is, at least, just as deserving. Maybe just the longest-tenured player by default, which I believe is Avery Bradley.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
It's better to not have a captain than to give it to somebody who isn't going to lead (i.e., Rondo).

Pretty much. The title of captain was already undermined when it was given to Rondo.