Author Topic: KG comes full circle, could Paul Pierce be next  (Read 4206 times)

Re: KG comes full circle, could Paul Pierce be next
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 07:16:58 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I think there is a good chance he is back next season. As long as Washington doesn't go far in the playoffs we have a shot. We have and opening at the 3 and no captain. We need more talent first. Sign or trade for one, get pierce and look for good deals.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 07:17:46 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I think there is a good chance he is back next season. As long as Washington doesn't go far in the playoffs we have a shot. We have and opening at the 3 and no captain. We need more talent first. Sign or trade for one, get pierce and look for good deals.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Not in same category as Paul, but I will remember Ray Allen always as a Celtic as well. He was my biggest reason to start supporting Celtics. He s not a Celtics player for a while and I am still a Celtics fan. Thank him for that.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge has never been that sentimental dream on.  Even when Walker came back, he did not keep him.  PP may be different but I think Ainge can make the hard calls that make such moves that more basketball driven than emotional driven.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Still hate him going back to Minny. It just proves that Minny was truly his home not the C's. It doesn't take away from what he did here.  I'll always remember him as a C not a Timberpuppy.

Seeing the tribute video that said "No matter where you've been, this is your home" (or something like that) sucked.  :(

Yeah but, it was his home.

And for Pierce, he is in a good situation in Washington. I can't see him leaving until after next year. Then it might be more of a possibility.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Still hate him going back to Minny. It just proves that Minny was truly his home not the C's. It doesn't take away from what he did here.  I'll always remember him as a C not a Timberpuppy.

Seeing the tribute video that said "No matter where you've been, this is your home" (or something like that) sucked.  :(

Yeah but, it was his home.

And for Pierce, he is in a good situation in Washington. I can't see him leaving until after next year. Then it might be more of a possibility.

well to be fair, he played for Minny for 12 years, and 6 with us. Yea he won a championship here and we are forever grateful to KG for changing our culture, but he means so much more to the Wolves. he was the face of their franchise for 12 years! He CARRIED that team all by himself. He is truly an MVP caliber player before and the year he left Minny. They haven't made playoffs ONCE since he left there. That's a pretty long drought. Kevin Love was good but not KG great, he couldn't carry his team