Author Topic: KG comes full circle, could Paul Pierce be next  (Read 4198 times)

KG comes full circle, could Paul Pierce be next
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Just watched Kevin Garnett his homecoming. It was amazing to see and I am so happy for him. He deserved every bit of this awesome night...
Although the chances are small now I would love to see him getting involved with the Boston Celtics somewhere in the future.

However, maybe a bit more realistich, what about Paul Pierce coming full circle to return to Boston. He got a player option, although I doubt he will let 5.5m go, could he ignore the player option to return to Boston for some Veteran minimum. Or maybe the year after next year.
How awesome would be to give Pierce a night like KG had.
Any realistic chances?

Kind of liked it that Minnesota was playing Pierce his Wizards, I'm sure that ment something to KG as well.

Re: KG comes full circle, could Paul Pierce be next
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think it's possible but Pierce will probably want to play at least another year of basketball.  Washington is in a good position.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:55:56 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
If this team were ready to move forward with its current core and have this be the team they're planning to win with...I'd say Pierce would be a real nice fit.  He'd be both a calming influence and another option at crunch time.

They're not really at that point yet and Pierce probably wouldn't take a pay cut. But the year after next if he still has something left...?

It would be nice to have him finish his career here.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If Pierce opts out, I hope Ainge calls him up.  Assuming the Celtics are still under the cap, they could make him a decent offer, even if it's just the room exception of $2.8 million.  I think it'd be great for the kids to be exposed to The Truth.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
If Pierce opts out, I hope Ainge calls him up.  Assuming the Celtics are still under the cap, they could make him a decent offer, even if it's just the room exception of $2.8 million.  I think it'd be great for the kids to be exposed to The Truth.
My feelings to. I hope he deos play again for the Celts. Maybe the stars will align with D jordan coming here and another young center and the Truth back.  A man can dream.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
My feelings to. I hope he deos play again for the Celts. Maybe the stars will align with D jordan coming here and another young center and the Truth back.  A man can dream.

I like the sound of that ^

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
or perhaps pierce plays out his career elsewhere, then, he signs a one-day contract with the celtics. plays in one final game. and has the retirement ceremony the next day.

i would like that.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:22:06 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I think it's possible but Pierce will probably want to play at least another year of basketball.  Washington is in a good position.

youre probably right but washington is in a bit of a tailspin right now.  I think theyve lost like 10 of 12. 

there could be changes there in the offseason.
Greg

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 11:25:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Still hate him going back to Minny. It just proves that Minny was truly his home not the C's. It doesn't take away from what he did here.  I'll always remember him as a C not a Timberpuppy.

Seeing the tribute video that said "No matter where you've been, this is your home" (or something like that) sucked.  :(

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Still hate him going back to Minny. It just proves that Minny was truly his home not the C's. It doesn't take away from what he did here.  I'll always remember him as a C not a Timberpuppy.

Seeing the tribute video that said "No matter where you've been, this is your home" (or something like that) sucked.  :(

Well he was drafted by the Timberwolves.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 12:32:54 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
God i hope so

But i feel like it'll be one of those one day contracts to end his career here
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 12:34:57 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Well, he didn't win a title there, so we got that going for us!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:39 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Maybe he will present us Wiggins once he took over the ownership ;D

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 03:26:29 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
kev goin back

jus selling more tickets and jerseys

dolla dolla bill yall

*sippin*

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 06:07:10 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
MTW can argue, despite KG having his most productive seasons as a C, that he is one of them. I am not too upset to share him. Pierce will always be remembered as a C legend. His career post the Cs is just an addition created by the curiosities of the NBA system.

Pierce will hopefully land as a C post his playing days. And a valuable addition his genius will be. If somehow it could be managed that he played his final game as a C, I would be forever happy, no matter how we were doing. That would just be icing though.

And would not change his legacy.