Author Topic: 10-15 range best bigs: Lyles, Portis, Kaminsky  (Read 17458 times)

Re: 10-15 range best bigs: Lyles, Portis, Kaminsky
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kaminsky is not even close to Okur.  He has no strength at all and is going to get abused 2x as bad as KO.  Okur was a beast.

Bobby Portis was looking like a pick in the 20s that I really liked for our Clips pick, but he's shooting up the boards now.  It's too bad, since we already have 2 PFs that need minutes in Sully and KO.

I unfortunately don't know much about Trey Lyles.

I think I'd rather have Jakob Poetl more than any of them right now by a lot.

Poetl has nba center size, willing to bang but thats about it. He lacks offensive polish.  Cant really run nor jump well.

Better for him to stay another year in the ncaa

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What about Damian Jones from Vanderbilt?  He is 3rd in the SEC in blocks per game.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damian-Jones-7211/
A 6'10 center that can't crack 10 ppg or 7 rpg in nearly 30 minutes of action. Where do I sign?  :P

College stats are really misleading.  I'd much rather get someone young, smart and competitive with an NBA body that doesn't get exposed on defense.  Everything else can be taught.
You mean like Zeller or Olynyk? How's that working out for us? ;)

College stats may or may not be misleading, but I'm wary of a big that can't produce against college centers despite given a ton of minutes. The competition isn't getting any easier in the NBA.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:30:28 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Trade our pick plus 1 or 2 second rounders for WCS.
Or multiple firsts (not including Brooklyn picks) for Townes.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Kaminsky is not even close to Okur.  He has no strength at all and is going to get abused 2x as bad as KO.  Okur was a beast.

Bobby Portis was looking like a pick in the 20s that I really liked for our Clips pick, but he's shooting up the boards now.  It's too bad, since we already have 2 PFs that need minutes in Sully and KO.

Poetl has nba center size, willing to bang but thats about it. He lacks offensive polish.  Cant really run nor jump well.

I'm not saying I hope he's on the Celtics next year.  Just that I really don't like anybody in the draft from pick 13 - pick 22 or so.  There are some lottery tickets after that that look interesting; I might end up liking our Clippers pick more than our own if we end up in the playoffs.  George Lucas or Robert Upshaw could easily be better than any of these guys

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I'm not saying I hope he's on the Celtics next year.  Just that I really don't like anybody in the draft from pick 13 - pick 22 or so.  There are some lottery tickets after that that look interesting; I might end up liking our Clippers pick more than our own if we end up in the playoffs.  George Lucas or Robert Upshaw could easily be better than any of these guys
i see your points and agree. i do believe that ainge will try to move up in the draft if the guy he wants is available in the 6-8 range. WCS may be the target in such a scenario and would solved the defensive center problem.

i don't think the celtics would be able to trade up into the 1-5 range. the price would be too steep.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

i see your points and agree. i do believe that ainge will try to move up in the draft if the guy he wants is available in the 6-8 range. WCS may be the target in such a scenario and would solved the defensive center problem.

i don't think the celtics would be able to trade up into the 1-5 range. the price would be too steep.

I agree. Unless another team really wants him.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I would trade up to take Porzingis, if we could do it with a combination of our pick, the Clips pick and a future protected first.  The top guys like Okafor and Town simply will not be available no matter how many draft picks we come up with.

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I like Kaminsky out of the 3 choices best. Portis might be too slow to have a big impact in the NBA, and Lyles might be too small for a big.

Late in the first i might take Dakari Johnson over Lyles. I like his size at the center position.

Another big in the mix would have to be Wood. he looks like a john Henson type of player.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
The pick will probably be 12-16 range now. I see DA taking Looney the guy everyone sees slipping in this draft. He has upside and some skill. His floor is Tayshaun Prince.

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 07:08:43 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I've been trying to get a feel for what the take is on Robert Upshaw. His game is what we need around the rim. He's 7' 270 lb. 7'4" wing span and athletic. 

He seems to be kind of immature and childish. He's been tossed out of 2 colleges for smoking pot and generally acting like, well... not a good citizen lets say. I have no idea what he will be like with access to real money.

He may be around in the second round, or even late first.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 07:27:41 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
What about Damian Jones from Vanderbilt?  He is 3rd in the SEC in blocks per game.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damian-Jones-7211/
A 6'10 center that can't crack 10 ppg or 7 rpg in nearly 30 minutes of action. Where do I sign?  :P

College stats are really misleading.  I'd much rather get someone young, smart and competitive with an NBA body that doesn't get exposed on defense.  Everything else can be taught.
You mean like Zeller or Olynyk? How's that working out for us? ;)

College stats may or may not be misleading, but I'm wary of a big that can't produce against college centers despite given a ton of minutes. The competition isn't getting any easier in the NBA.

For bigs, scoring is tough to predict because it's so much easier for college teams to defend the post.  Rebounding and other stats are more predictive.  Okafor's meh shotblocking is a tiny red flag but his scoring could be better on the NBA level.

But then you've got Towns creeping up on Okafor as the first pick because people are taking his stats at 20 minutes a game and projecting them out to 40, when it usually doesn't work that way.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Trey Lyles is creeping up on me, kid played Small Forward today against Arkansas, is 6-10 with a nice shooting stroke decent ball handling and good athleticism. If he shows more ball handling and athleticsm. I think it's no question you draft him if he can play the SF position. If he's a PF in the nba don't even sniff his way. I honestly don't even like towns on this team that much unless we trade sully.

My favorite player in this draft has always been WCS. This kid can defend 1-5 on PnR's , just will make a huge impact on the defensive end right off the bat. Danny needs to find a way to trade up in the draft and get this kid if we make the playoffs.  Him smart and Avery will be our defensive core n we'll need an all star scoring SF n we are a contender again.

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Agreed.  WCS is my target if we are going big.  Otherwise you look for a star-potential wing.  Because wings drop, they are very common to find.  I would be open to trading Sullinger if we can move up in the draft for a stud player.  Sullinger + a 1st, what would that get us?

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
please help me ,what is it people see in porzingis,this guy will be so abused in nba,his frame and shoulders worry me-he has bust written all over him-please don't waste a pick

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
recent highlights

lyles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPjSYyZQKo

Portis (Sec Player of the year)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFxh9i6QNEY

Kaminsky (National Player of the Year Candidate)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhB0-aSl7w