Author Topic: Bass, Jonas, Crowder... What would you offer them?  (Read 9673 times)

Re: Bass, Jonas, Crowder... What would you offer them?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'd first offer (pressy, sully, KO and Wallace expiring deal) plus 2 first round picks for DC Cousins.

Smart/IT
Bradley/Young
Turner/Jae
Bass/Jonas
DC/Zeller

Then shop for a bigger scoring SG like Butler, maybe kick the tires on the Bulls sqaud and see if

Sully's trade value is at an all time low right now and Pressey has 0 trade value.  The C's would have to include Smart, KO and 2 first rd picks just to start the discussion. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »

Offline Green_Giant

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
What part of Crowder's game is overrated? His shooting percentage is at 45, which means he is taking just the right amount of shots.

It's not a bad point. I don't like him shooting 3's. It could just be me, but I'd rather see him as a slasher to the basket, than a jump shooter. He's too athletic to be a jump shooter. SLASH OR GO! 

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
we have 9 guys under contract next year, accounting for $40M in cap money. the cap next year should be around $66M.

that leaves us $26M in spending money and 6 roster spots.

we have at least 3 draft picks this year which we will need to sign.
our first round pick will cost around $2M. the clips pick will cost around $1M. the sixers pick should be around 500K. we also might get washington's pick so long as they finish with at least the 11th-best record. that pick would be another 500K.

so we're likely on the hook for ~$4M for rookies next year, so we'd have $22M left to spend. including the washington pick that would also leave us with only two more roster spots.

we could resign crowder for $4M and still have $18M to go after a great free agent.
i wouldn't be averse to resigning bass at cheap money, but only after the other dominoes fell first.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
It's tough, we no so little of how the team will look during the offseason and our potential to land players with a decent skill level. It's also difficult to answer since we've only seen Jonas really play in a couple of games.
But if I had to make decisions today, I guess I'd sign Bass to a year if he'd except it, two if he demanded it. Probably around 3 mill a year.
Jonas I'd stay firm at a one year 3 mill. And Crowder I'd show the door. Crowder isn't a bad player, but for what he brings I think you can find better players for cheaper money.
Keep in mind I'm biased towards players who have been here for awhile and I think there have been times when Bass has been let down by the Celtics organization in terms of playing time and warming the bench without any real reason.

Vets are not likely to be brought back.  Bass was offered for a bag of chips this year and nearly this entire board thinks he is overdue to be shown the door.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
From nothing to not much.
Agreed.  Be prepared to renounce all three if we can sign an impact player.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 07:02:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
From nothing to not much.
Agreed.  Be prepared to renounce all three if we can sign an impact player.

I second that.

Squeeze out every ounce of cap space possible to sign a max player.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 07:04:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What part of Crowder's game is overrated? His shooting percentage is at 45, which means he is taking just the right amount of shots.

It's not a bad point. I don't like him shooting 3's. It could just be me, but I'd rather see him as a slasher to the basket, than a jump shooter. He's too athletic to be a jump shooter. SLASH OR GO!

No.  Crowder is a capable 3 pt shooter. Especially in the 4th

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just curious, but why use two family names (bass, crowder) and one given name (jonas) in the title? i had to look up who the heck jonas was.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 07:11:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
It's tough, we no so little of how the team will look during the offseason and our potential to land players with a decent skill level. It's also difficult to answer since we've only seen Jonas really play in a couple of games.
But if I had to make decisions today, I guess I'd sign Bass to a year if he'd except it, two if he demanded it. Probably around 3 mill a year.
Jonas I'd stay firm at a one year 3 mill. And Crowder I'd show the door. Crowder isn't a bad player, but for what he brings I think you can find better players for cheaper money.
Keep in mind I'm biased towards players who have been here for awhile and I think there have been times when Bass has been let down by the Celtics organization in terms of playing time and warming the bench without any real reason.

He's making the minimum right now.  The list of players making less than him who are better than him is at or near zero.
beat me to it.

just to respond to a post above about crowder's 3 point shooting. the nba average this season is 34.8%. crowder 33.6% this season. not terrible.

as far as by quarter, let him shoot early!!! in the first quarter he shoots at 46.7% but in the 4th quarter he is shooting 29.7%.

by far his favorite place to shoot 3s is top of the key and a bit to the right. he does 41% there.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:19:52 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 11:12:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Keep Crowder on a friendly deal. Max players don't win chips without reliable, up and coming dirt dogs like him. The guy does nothing but help the team win, and has a motor for days. Would be a mistake to let him go, if he can be had at a reasonable price (which I think he can).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Let all three walk unless it's a bargain.
Bass=3-4 per
JJ=2-3
Crowder=2

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Most likely to least likely in green next year:

1) Crowder
2) Jerebko
3) Bass

I'm interested to see how JJ plays the rest of the season. If he rebounds and shoots a high percentage from 3, I'd like to see him stay.

I think he and Crowder could be signed on very reasonable deals.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
would offer crowder 3 year 4 million dollar a year deal
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
it would depend on how we make out in the draft and what free agents are available that we could sign (not just which ones are on the market). 

Bass I'd let go.  we've been waiting to unload him for a few years or at a bare minimum, waiting for his contract to expire.
Jerebko I'd let go.  end of bench guy that's being paid more than he's worth right now.
Crowder I'd consider keeping at double what he makes now which isn't very much.  he's a good hustle guy but you only pay just so much for hustle guys.

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would assume Bass could get the MLE somewhere but based on his trade value I'm not sure which team would give it to him.

Based on Bradley's deal (which I think is silly) I'd give:

Bass 3 years 15 mil
Crowder 3 years 12 mil
Jonas 3 years 8-9 mil