Author Topic: Cousins could be available (rumor)  (Read 1828 times)

Cousins could be available (rumor)
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
It's bleacher report, and the source was vague so take it FWIW...

Even DeMarcus Cousins, their franchise center, is not untouchable, according to a source with insight into Karl's thinking. "At the trade deadline, everyone was available," the person said. Including Cousins? "Every single person (on the Kings roster) was available." Although Karl does not hold a front office title, "he definitely has control" of future personnel decisions, the source said. Bleacher Report - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.SCnOa3b2.dpuf

With Sully injured now, I doubt we would have the pieces to land him anyways, unless we give up all our draft picks. I say wait it out and see where brooklyns 2016 pick lands.

Re: Cousins could be available (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Even DeMarcus Cousins, their franchise center, is not untouchable, according to a source with insight into Karl's thinking. "At the trade deadline, everyone was available," the person said. Including Cousins? "Every single person (on the Kings roster) was available." Although Karl does not hold a front office title, "he definitely has control" of future personnel decisions, the source said. Bleacher Report - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.SCnOa3b2.dpuf

With Sully injured now, I doubt we would have the pieces to land him anyways, unless we give up all our draft picks. I say wait it out and see where brooklyns 2016 pick lands.

You do realize we can't trade anyone until the off season now, don't you? Sully being injured right now doesn't matter.

I hope we can get Cousins one day but right now this doesn't matter.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:07:10 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
It's Howard Beck who has covered the NBA for a long time including a stint at the NY Times. BR is actually now getting some reputable writers in contrast to the past when it was a joke. Still need to look at the byline though.

As for Cousins being available? Why wouldn't he, or most anyone else in the NBA, be for the right price?

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

You do realize we can't trade anyone until the off season now, don't you? Sully being injured right now doesn't matter.

Yea I realize the trade deadline passed, but Sully being injured brings down his trade value this off-seson.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Cousins might be available, but not to the C's. We simply can not compete with what others would offer unless we hit jackpot in the lottery.

I could see a scenario where NYK or LAL trade a top 3 pick for him this summer.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

You can trade on draft night, if we won the lottery I'd offer the #1 overall pick (OK4) for Cousins.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Cousins might be available, but not to the C's. We simply can not compete with what others would offer unless we hit jackpot in the lottery.

I could see a scenario where NYK or LAL trade a top 3 pick for him this summer.

We have much more to offer than either of those teams.

edit: I generally think people misinterpret stars being "available" to always mean available for picks and prospects. Maybe Karl would only part with Cousins right now if he was part of a package to get immediately better (just an fictitious example: if Karl fell in love a summertime offer of Kyle Lowry + Jonas Valanciunas for Cousins). But if he was shopped for parts and Danny wanted him as much as LAL or NYK would/do, he has enough in the war chest to outbid either of them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:36:28 PM by TheFlex »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Create a winning culture first then trade for a star

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Create a winning culture first then trade for a star

100% agree!   Winning is winning and losing sucks.   Never good to tank!
Diggles