Author Topic: Jae Crowder's Production  (Read 3302 times)

Jae Crowder's Production
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:18:42 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
In the month of February, Crowder's averages per 36 minutes is 15 PPG, 7 RPG, 3 APG, 1.5 SPG on 43%, 34% 78% shooting.

I think this coincides somewhat to CBS's decision to play him at power forward. Rather than being stuck in the corner on many possessions, he is showing his versatility and ability to pick and pop, pick and roll, or pick and roll and dish.

I like him in Celtic green a lot. Ideally, we could sign him to a 3 year, 3-4 million dollar a year contract and play him as our first forward off the bench.

Thoughts?

Re: Jae Crowder's Production
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:20:02 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Danny is either incredibly lucky or a genius.

Crowder is better than Rondo.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
In the month of February, Crowder's averages per 36 minutes is 15 PPG, 7 RPG, 3 APG, 1.5 SPG on 43%, 34% 78% shooting.

I think this coincides somewhat to CBS's decision to play him at power forward. Rather than being stuck in the corner on many possessions, he is showing his versatility and ability to pick and pop, pick and roll, or pick and roll and dish.

I like him in Celtic green a lot. Ideally, we could sign him to a 3 year, 3-4 million dollar a year contract and play him as our first forward off the bench.

Thoughts?
Not good enough to be a primary backup for either F position. Him playing PF is so situational, no something you want in your rotaion unless another team is going quite small.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 01:31:06 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I should also point out that the Celtics are 6-4 over that span, and with the lone exception of the Heat game in the beginning of the month, have been extremely competitive in each game.

He reminds me of Carrol for the Hawks. I think he could be a good starter and perfect compliment to Olynyk and Sully. I also think that he is an underrated defender, both on the perimeter and in the post. He plays undersized, but he uses his strength to maintain position in the post and active hands to defend disruptively.

He is not a future All-star, but I think he is a great role player who could be a situational nightmare matchup.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think he's a good bench player and should be kept next year. Anything above that I'm not willing to commit to.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Crowder is great for the bench or great as a part of a package to bring in an All-starish type player.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
he's a solid role player

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Coincidentally, he's had three HUGE games since we've had IT around.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586

Chris22

Crowder is better than Rondo.
[/quote]

TP

Now that, my friend, is a tee shirt. Green with white lettering maybe?

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

He is getting wide open looks at threes when he pops after he sets a pick for Thomas.   I hope he's working on his shot because it looks like he'll get a lot of them.

I'll be interested to see Olynyk with those kind of picks and Jerebko also looked promising doing that too.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
3.5 million per year for 3 years

Danny will get it done.   Will come off the bench. 

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Looks like a great bench piece and I don't think we'll have a lot of competition for his signature. Should lock him up to a reasonable contract.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

One steady-handed, consistent, solid role player combined with a new, dysregulated shoot-first (and second) scorer (a la the late Nate, whom I dearly miss). Perfect combination. Some ying-yang stuff going on here.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 11:29:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
are you SURE its a coincidence koz?  ;)

but yes, i think ainge picked up a pretty good role player in crowder. his rep in dallas was very good defense, lots of effort, but streaky offense with poor shooting.

maybe it was the system in dallas that hurt his game. but since being a celtic i am very pleased with him. the defense is there as is the effort. but his offense is a pleasant surprise. not great, but more than adequate so far.

if ainge keeps him for 2-3 million i would be happy.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
The Defense when Crowder, Bradley and Smart play together is pretty amazing--We have a Bright future--I like how Danny got rid of the players who only played hard when they felt like it....If we can draft well, sign at least one Max FA--and use the 12.8 Mil Rondo TPE for a vet---We're Golden.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.