Author Topic: Compared to last year: How much better will we be record wise?  (Read 1964 times)

Compared to last year: How much better will we be record wise?
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Last year on this date our record was 20-39, and we went on to finish the season 5-18 for a total of 25-57.

This year we are 22-33.  With 27 games to go we need to 3 more to beat last years record.

Our trend says we will win 10 more games giving us a record of 33-49.

So, I'm setting the over/under at 10 wins for the rest of the season.

Over or under?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:40:42 AM by incoherent »

Re: Compared to last year: How much better will we be record wise?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Under, but only because I'm sticking with my original 31 win prediction.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Have to break it down game by game, but the combination of Ainge's moves and Stevens' coaching have turned this into a 'good' bad team.  They're good enough to beat everyone they're better than and they've done a remarkably good job of that over the past few weeks.   I think the coaching is a big part of this.   

They're also cohesive enough where they may steal a game or two vs teams that are better than them.

Barring injuries, they may well go over - which kind of sucks frankly.  I actually see little benefit to making the playoffs.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Over, but barely. I think we win 12 more games this year.

If last year is our rock bottom and we improve incrementally every year from then, then I will be happy.

25 wins last year, 34 wins this year, 42 wins next season, and then 50+ wins every year after that until the end of time!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:56:57 AM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This year we are 23-33.  With 26 games to go we need to 3 more to beat last years record.
We're, in fact, 22-33.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:40:09 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Over, but barely. I think we win 11 more games this year.

If last year is our rock bottom and we improve incrementally every year from then, then I will be happy.

25 wins last year, 34 wins this year, 42 wins next season, and then 50+ wins every year after that until the end of time!

I like the way youre thinking.  We are going to be steadily climbing out of the tank from here on? I hope so.

Im going with the over also, and Im going to be a bit optimistic in saying we go .500 the rest of the way giving us 13 more wins.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This year we are 23-33.  With 26 games to go we need to 3 more to beat last years record.
We're, in fact, 22-33.
Thank you I fixed the numbers, do you think we'll get more then 10 wins rest of the season?

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I just looked at the schedule, I think it's extremely reasonable to think we can win 13 more games. Does 35 wins get us into the playoffs?

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We're, in fact, 22-33.
Thank you I fixed the numbers, do you think we'll get more then 10 wins rest of the season?
I think it's optimistic, but not implausible.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Before Sully went down I thought 35. But now I have hope for 31 or less.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:33:31 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
kiss that lottery pick goodbye. here come the playoffs and getting knocked out the first round....smh. last time we were in this position we at least had a franchise player in PP, right now we have a bunch of guys who i don't think will ever be all-stars. Don't see the point of making the playoffs.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 01:02:57 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
kiss that lottery pick goodbye. here come the playoffs and getting knocked out the first round....smh. last time we were in this position we at least had a franchise player in PP, right now we have a bunch of guys who i don't think will ever be all-stars. Don't see the point of making the playoffs.

This got me thinking about in the past when the C's snuck into the 8th seed.

In 2004, the C's won the 8th seed with 36 wins, just beating out Cleveland who had 35.  This was the difference between the 10th and 15th pick in the draft.  So Cleveland drafted Luke Jackson at 10, meaning the C's missed out on him and also potentially missed out on Biedrins, Robert Swift, Telfair, and Kris Humphries before they nabbed Al Jefferson at 15.  Making the playoffs actually helped the C's here, as I believe a lot of people think Danny would have taken Robert Swift if available.

Then in 1995, same thing, C's snuck into 8th with 35 wins, just beating out the Bucks with 34 wins.  This was the difference between the 11th and 14th picks in the draft.  The Bucks took Gary Trent at #11, meaning the C's also potentially missed out on him plus Cherokee Parks and Corliss Williamson, before taking Eric Williams at #14.  Knowing ML Carr, he would have taken Eric Williams anyway, as he thought having local guys helped the team, (like when he signed Dana Barros and tried to trade up to draft Camby the next year, he definitely liked that Williams played at Providence).  So in the case, it probably didn't do any harm, and if anything the C's missed out on a slightly better player in Corliss Williamson, but also could have maybe gotten worse players in Parks and Trent (though I always liked Trent).

About once every 10 or so years the C's sneak into the 8th seed apparently.  At least the last 2 times didn't hurt the team, hopefully this time won't either, because I like cheering for this team to win.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 11:51:58 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
We have 26 games left:

9 of those games are against teams we need to beat to get in the playoffs as a 7-8 seed(Miami, Brooklyn, Detroit, Charlotte, and Indiana)

2 games against the current 6th seed bucks

5 games agains teams not mentioned with worst records than us ( Utah, Orlando, NYK, and Philly)

So 16 out of 26 games are all games that we could win, and you would think we would like to get 11-12 more wins just out of these 16. If you're lucky you could win one you're not supposed to.