Author Topic: Rondo Suspended?  (Read 6262 times)

Re: Rondo Suspended?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 07:27:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
As a Rondo foe, you may start one yourself, the power is up for grabs. Anything is possible, seize the day  ;D
If I've learned anything about the internet, they'd never admit it anyway.

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Don't really know what the debate is about to be honest. He was good (sometimes great) during our championship runs, not good last year post injury, worse now, and his future performance is yet to be determined. He may return to his past glory, or continue to trend downwards, nobody knows!

What is sad is that some continue to go out of their way to talk negatively of a player who isn't here anymore.

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
I will say I'm very disappointed for Rondo in the way things have turned out so far.

You're in a situation you don't like...ahhh, have a Twinkie.

This is why I value people like Bass a lot higher because he comes to play for every game.

Rondo may end up with the Lakers next year...seriously doubt he'll be with the Mavs.  But wherever he lands, I hope his head lands with him.

Rak

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Eh, I think this is more indicative of Rondo's fit in Dallas rather than his massive decline as a player one week after he was traded from Boston. He has a very good body of work - I imagine other GMs who are interested in him will have to determine how he will fit in with their current system. As the PG, Rondo needs to have the ball to be effective. He showed this with Ray Allen and with Avery as his SGs. With Monte, it has been an utter failure.

I also believe to be at his best, he needs to feel like a leader - something that has been hard to do on such an established squad. If his value actually becomes diminished and he was somehow interested in returning next year, then I would gladly take him on for ~$10M.

Rondo doesn't suck people...

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
TP Jambr380

It's foolish how people take this as an oppurtunity to say 'I told you so', when he hasn't even played half a season in Dallas and the tides are in the haters favour. What about the Cavs title hopes at the start of the season compared to now? The Spurs looking old after losing 3 straight? Too many short sighted posters here seeking oppurtunistic events to validiate their opinions prematurely.

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 08:16:13 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Well i suppose the difference is Rondo truly sucks
It's only on the celtics that allow him to pad his states(while dragging the team down)
and now he simply got exposed

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »

Offline yoursweatersux

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 45
I KNEW KNEW KNEW this was going to happen.

1) For the last few years, whether he was on the court or off the court had no apparent impact on the team's success. That should say something for an allegedly "max" player.

2) Rondo stopped being a "great" player when he stopped relentlessly attacking the rim and playing tough defense. He was honestly slipping from his peak (the previous two years) in 2010-2011 in terms of productivity (look up any advanced stat - they all agree on this point).

3) Ball-dominant point guards are anathema to ball movement. Rondo is the worst at running the ball to get into sets and sharing the ball. He also kills spacing. ALL of these things are extremely necessary to modern offenses.

Glad we didn't keep and overpay him just because he has the "star" label. That's what the Knicks did, and see how that turned out for them?

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:48 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I just love all these Rondo bashers coming out here. And here they said only Rondo fans won't shut up about him.

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Rondo has turned from a valuable attacking PG into Kendall Marshall.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rondo has turned from a valuable attacking PG into Kendall Marshall.

Rondo is the modern day Steve Francis. Francis was an all-star 3 straight seasons then completely out of the league 4 years later.