Author Topic: Rondo Suspended?  (Read 6265 times)

Re: Rondo Suspended?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Man we got such a great pick for him, too.  What isn't listed in basically any article on the trade is that the pick was 15-30 protected this year, then it rolls to next year where it's only top 7 protected.  The following players are expiring or have player options for next year:

Tyson Chandler
Rondo
Monte Ellis (player option)
Raymond Felotn (player option)
Jefferson
Villaneuva
JJ Barea
Bernard James
Aminu
Ricky Ledo
Amare

So basically their entire team.  They have Parsons, Dirk, Devin Harris and someone named Gal Mekel.  That's their whole team next year.  Nothing is guaranteed but I like that pick a lot more than the Clippers pick we have now

They released Gal Mekel at the beginning of the year.  He's in Russia now.  They do have Powell, whom they got from us with Rondo.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I am so glad this guy isn't the Celtics' headache anymore.
He wasn't really a headache in Boston disregarding his first years with Doc. He did what he was asked.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He wasn't really a headache in Boston disregarding his first years with Doc. He did what he was asked.
Well, you really can't pick and choose when he was a headache or not. Overall, Rondo was rather uncoachable in Boston and his fair share of incidents with both Rivers and Stevens. He also wasn't the player he used to be. Factor everything together and it's for the best team and player decided to move on from each other.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Well, you really can't pick and choose when he was a headache or not. Overall, Rondo was rather uncoachable in Boston and his fair share of incidents with both Rivers and Stevens. He also wasn't the player he used to be. Factor everything together and it's for the best team and player decided to move on from each other.
I didn't say it was a bad thing that they traded him ;D! I just think that it's a bit extreme to call him a "headache" compared to the situation he is in now, but then again that's only my opinion ;)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
well that max contract is certainly out of the question now...

to think we could of had Steph for him 3 years ago :(

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Jay King ‏@ByJayKing  1m1 minute ago
RT @espn_macmahon: Per sources, Rajon Rondo and Rick Carlisle had another heated exchange in the Mavs' locker room after last night's win.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Man we got such a great pick for him, too.  What isn't listed in basically any article on the trade is that the pick was 15-30 protected this year, then it rolls to next year where it's only top 7 protected.  The following players are expiring or have player options for next year:

Tyson Chandler
Rondo
Monte Ellis (player option)
Raymond Felotn (player option)
Jefferson
Villaneuva
JJ Barea
Bernard James
Aminu
Ricky Ledo
Amare

So basically their entire team.  They have Parsons, Dirk, Devin Harris and someone named Gal Mekel.  That's their whole team next year.  Nothing is guaranteed but I like that pick a lot more than the Clippers pick we have now

They released Gal Mekel at the beginning of the year.  He's in Russia now.  They do have Powell, whom they got from us with Rondo.

They released Ledo as well to make room for Amare.

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Stop piling on

We don't tease

Those less fortunate

Hiring Rondo , Amaire , all those has beens

Is not going to work when your core is washed up too.

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Rondo is averaging 6 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 0.8 steals in 24.5mpg over his last 13 games.  He's cracked double-digit assists twice in the 25 games he's played for the Mavs.

Good news is he's managed to make 3 free throws in his last 19 games.

How many bitter posts have you made about Rondo in the last week? I think even Santa Clause knows your point of view by now.

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 06:37:12 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Rondo is averaging 6 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists, 0.8 steals in 24.5mpg over his last 13 games.  He's cracked double-digit assists twice in the 25 games he's played for the Mavs.

Are those seriously his numbers? Granted, he had that head injury that probably affected him, but those are horrible numbers even for Rondo. Hitting 10+ assists only twice with the Mavs with that many weapons? Ouch. He always did say he hates change...

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Are those seriously his numbers? Granted, he had that head injury that probably affected him, but those are horrible numbers even for Rondo. Hitting 10+ assists only twice with the Mavs with that many weapons? Ouch. He always did say he hates change...

I posted about assists in another thread last week, but Rondo's drop in assists is simply because he has the ball less when on the Mavs, and when he passes to teammates, they are much less likely to take a shot than Celtics were.  (However, when they do take a shot after he passes to them, they are more likely to make it than his Celtics teammates).

Quite simply, his low assist totals are a function of the offense.  That's not to blame or not blame Rondo for anything much -- he's simply in a different offense that doesn't seem to need a pass-first point guard.  Why they traded to acquire him is frankly beyond me, and he's clearly having trouble adapting, as evidenced by this outburst.

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 06:49:26 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
They acquired me more so for defensive purposes.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

I posted about assists in another thread last week, but Rondo's drop in assists is simply because he has the ball less when on the Mavs, and when he passes to teammates, they are much less likely to take a shot than Celtics were.  (However, when they do take a shot after he passes to them, they are more likely to make it than his Celtics teammates).

Quite simply, his low assist totals are a function of the offense.  That's not to blame or not blame Rondo for anything much -- he's simply in a different offense that doesn't seem to need a pass-first point guard.  Why they traded to acquire him is frankly beyond me, and he's clearly having trouble adapting, as evidenced by this outburst.
Either way, it just shows he's not fitting in that offense. He's lucky he didn't end up in Houston instead of Dallas, because he would've been even worse with the ball-dominating Harden.

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 07:08:31 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Can we start an "eat crow" thread for the Rondo apologists?

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
As a Rondo foe, you may start one yourself, the power is up for grabs. Anything is possible, seize the day  ;D