Author Topic: Lebron James on son's recruitment  (Read 11429 times)

Re: Lebron James on son's recruitment
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Oh poor Lebron. His 10 year old is being recruited. Poor poor Lebron. Goodness gracious, whatever will he do?

Oh man. I can't believe it. It's another letter from UCLA! Oh and now it's Duke! Princeton? What the heck! Throw that in the trash!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:55:00 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jordan's son did not do too hot, why would anyone think LBJ's would, there is less mental drive there than was with Jordan.
Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr., etc.  Plenty of sons exceed their father's playing career, even guys that had pretty successful careers like Bobby Bonds Sr. and Ken Griffey Sr. 

Of course when your father is one of the greatest players ever, it is hard to exceed that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 06:02:53 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Oh poor Lebron. His 10 year old is being recruited. Poor poor Lebron. Goodness gracious, whatever will he do.

Oh man. I can't believe it. It's another letter from UCLA! Oh and now it's Duke! Princeton? What the heck! Throw that in the trash!
TP! Couldn't have said it better! There are so many kids out there who fails to get a scholarship, and here we have LeBron whining about it ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
One has to admit Bron is probably the only guy on the planet that gets annoyed about his kid getting routine offers of a $200K value. 

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 07:00:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
OMG....I just found exclusive footage of Lebron's kid being recruited.

Lebron is fat and white, right? And his kid is named Harry, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCju_XO1sg

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One has to admit Bron is probably the only guy on the planet that gets annoyed about his kid getting routine offers of a $200K value.

You're cool with colleges recruiting 10 year olds?  Offering non-binding commitments 7 or 8 years before a kid is going to graduate?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

You're cool with colleges recruiting 10 year olds?  Offering non-binding commitments 7 or 8 years before a kid is going to graduate?
I'm 100% cool with it.  I don't see any reason I wouldn't be.

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Okay.  I try to keep sleazy people away from my kids as much as possible, and a lot of college recruiters (and associated agents, coaches, etc.) fall into that category.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 07:13:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Okay.  I try to keep sleazy people away from my kids as much as possible, and a lot of college recruiters (and associated agents, coaches, etc.) fall into that category.
I have to plead some ignorance here. What do you think is the worst thing that can happen here? With any kid for that matter? That a decent parent can't intervene and disallow? I mean if he is getting offers frooomm...idk...South West Witchita State which isn't accredited then I can see the problem. But if he gets a letter from UCLA or a call from a coach on Coach K's staff or a recognizable alumni goes to the game and applauds, or he gets a t shirt in the mail or a package of college related materials I don't see the issue.

I have had my kid thinking of college since birth. I've taken him to many college campuses and have college stuff hanging on his wall for a reason.  To have a reputable college contact him would be a dream come true.

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jordan's son did not do too hot, why would anyone think LBJ's would, there is less mental drive there than was with Jordan.

wait are you referring to Lebron's mental drive compared to Jordan's? I am assuming you are not discussing the 10 year old's mental drive. That would be hilarious/insane

It's like one of those crazy overbearing AAU elementary school coaches.

Coach:"DO YOU THINK MICHAEL JORDAN COMPLAINED ABOUT BEING TIRED?!"
10 year old: "who's Michael Jordan?"
Coach: Has heart attack.

This is great hahahaha.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I have to plead some ignorance here. What do you think is the worst thing that can happen here? With any kid for that matter? That a decent parent can't intervene and disallow? I mean if he is getting offers frooomm...idk...South West Witchita State which isn't accredited then I can see the problem. But if he gets a letter from UCLA or a call from a coach on Coach K's staff or a recognizable alumni goes to the game and applauds, or he gets a t shirt in the mail or a package of college related materials I don't see the issue.

I have had my kid thinking of college since birth. I've taken him to many college campuses and have college stuff hanging on his wall for a reason.  To have a reputable college contact him would be a dream come true.
and then your 10 year old gets his heart set on that school, but doesn't progress enough and at 17 they pull the scholarship offer they made when he was 10. 

It is a business of sleaze and 10 is way too early for an athletic scholarship.  Now sure if your kid is brilliant that MIT, Stanford, etc. are recruiting him for his mind at 10, that is a bit different as you don't tend to get dumber as you get older, athletics are just a far different thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 09:52:14 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
People get so blinded by their hatred of LeBron that they don't realize his point is pretty [dang] valid.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 09:56:34 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr., etc.  Plenty of sons exceed their father's playing career, even guys that had pretty successful careers like Bobby Bonds Sr. and Ken Griffey Sr. 

Of course when your father is one of the greatest players ever, it is hard to exceed that.

Kobe is another example.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 09:58:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Kobe is another example.

Steph Curry.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
People get so blinded by their hatred of LeBron that they don't realize his point is pretty [dang] valid.

Yup.  Pretty evident.

The whole recruitment game is pure sleaze.  Especially when you're talking about kids 10 years old.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team