Poll

Predict what team Rondo will sign with?  (Simple Question)

Dallas
3 (9.4%)
New York
6 (18.8%)
Lakers
15 (46.9%)
Clippers (reunite with Doc?)
0 (0%)
Minnesota (reunite with KG)
0 (0%)
Cleveland (the LeBron thing)
0 (0%)
Miami (always a popular destination)
0 (0%)
Chicago (have a need, Thib reunion)
4 (12.5%)
Philly (Good place to pad stats)
0 (0%)
Boston
1 (3.1%)
Other
3 (9.4%)
Sacramento (previous interest but Rondo said No)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Poll - Make a Rondo Prediction  (Read 2556 times)

Re: Poll - Make a Rondo Prediction
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 04:49:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
His best route to winning is to figure things out in Dallas...He is in a perfect situation there and has solid weapons surrounding him that he can use to boost his assist numbers and help continue to improve his defense. I mean, its a stretch but the outlook of the Mavs can be mirrored to the 08 Celtics starting five.

Rondo - Rondo
Ellis - Allen: Ellis is a better scorer and handles to ball more but Allen's job was simply to score the basketball. Allen spaced the floor better but I see their basic roles similar.
Parsons - Pierce: Obviously Pierce was much better here but again, Parsons job is to provide the Mavs with a scoring punch and he can mimic some of Pierce's role in that light.
Dirk - KG: Obviously Dirk is the offensive veteran version to KG's defense but both are the veteran leaders who space the floor for Rondo to feed.
Perk - Chandler: The defensive anchor. Tyson is a much better option than Perk but Tyson also doesn't have KG holding down the fort.

Its a stretch but there is no reason it can't work.

That being said...I think Rondo wants the big city spotlight and I see the Lakers in his future.

I'm not sure that Rondo=Rondo though. 
Yup