Poll

Predict what team Rondo will sign with?  (Simple Question)

Dallas
3 (9.4%)
New York
6 (18.8%)
Lakers
15 (46.9%)
Clippers (reunite with Doc?)
0 (0%)
Minnesota (reunite with KG)
0 (0%)
Cleveland (the LeBron thing)
0 (0%)
Miami (always a popular destination)
0 (0%)
Chicago (have a need, Thib reunion)
4 (12.5%)
Philly (Good place to pad stats)
0 (0%)
Boston
1 (3.1%)
Other
3 (9.4%)
Sacramento (previous interest but Rondo said No)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Poll - Make a Rondo Prediction  (Read 2559 times)

Poll - Make a Rondo Prediction
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
This is not about whether you like Rondo or not.  It is a prediction to see how smart this blog is.  Will the consensus be right?

Re: Poll - Make a Rondo Prediction
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Think he's going to the Lakers, although, if he does, I'll be severely disappointed in him considering his legacy, and his Celtic days should dissuade him from doing so.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think unless Rondo really plays well in the playoffs you will see him on another team next year. I think that team will be the Lakers, who are hungry for star power.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:36:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I predict if he goes to the Lakers between him and Kobe they institute an immediate no guns in the locker room and everyone must wear bullet proof clothes at all times orrrrrr him and Kobe fall instantly and deeply in love or both.

The Lakers love Jordan Clarkson and have him for another year on very little money, but they are the Lakers and they do weird stuff

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think at this point he goes to whomever offer the biggest contract.  Dallas I believe has the ability to offer the biggest but I'm wondering if they will.  I really appreciate Rondo's game and miss him in green but I think at this point his loyalty would be to himself than a particular franchise and I wouldn't blame him

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 12:49:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I still expect Rondo to stick with the Mavs but if things continue to deteriorate then I would expect him to go to LA because Kobe will push hard for help and LA will likely miss out on all the top FAs given the state of their roster so they'll have to settle for third tier guys like Rondo.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
He will probably go where he has the best chance to win.

Dont see Rondo as the money hungry type.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 01:09:48 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I expect him to stay in Dallas.  This is not the first time the Dallas coach and starting PG have had friction.  (see Jason Kidd)

Not the first time Rondo and a head coach have had friction. 

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Miami fully invested in a better PG in Dragic, so he's not going there. Minnesota has Rubio so you can scratch them off the list. I don't see the Celtics wanting him back right now. The Clippers have Chris Paul and Cleveland has Kyrie...nuff said. I think he goes either to NY or LA Lakers, with a darkhorse candidate as Houston, although he would likely drive McHale into retirement.

I can also see the Pacers going for him if they open up cap space. Bird is still a Rondo fan and would probably be one of the few people who could understand Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
He will probably go where he has the best chance to win.

Dont see Rondo as the money hungry type.
I agree with you that Rondo will prioritize going to a winning situation over getting the most money.  That's why he agreed to be traded to Dallas but not to Sacramento.  However, I think his highest priority will be going to a situation where he is allowed the flexibility to use his talents to excel.  I could see him going to a more fast pace team or to a half court team that needs his ability to run an offense and create shots for others. 

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Miami fully invested in a better PG in Dragic, so he's not going there. Minnesota has Rubio so you can scratch them off the list. I don't see the Celtics wanting him back right now. The Clippers have Chris Paul and Cleveland has Kyrie...nuff said. I think he goes either to NY or LA Lakers, with a darkhorse candidate as Houston, although he would likely drive McHale into retirement.

I can also see the Pacers going for him if they open up cap space. Bird is still a Rondo fan and would probably be one of the few people who could understand Rondo.
I don't see him as a good fit for NY (triangle offense) or Houston (Harden, 3pt shooting).  LA would be interesting especially if they get Okafor.  Sacramento should be on the list.  The Rondo/Cousins pairing could be great and their owners apparently want a more up tempo team.  The Pacers seem like a great fit.  Defense oriented team that needs help on offense but do have their star to go to in crunch time. 

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I added Sacramento to the list as suggested.  Rondo was rumored to have said he would not resign with them but he may have lowered his expectations some.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 04:12:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think that Rondo is a little bit like KG in that he fundamentally prefers to stay in the situation he's currently in, unless that situation has really gotten bad for him or really doesn't fit his goals.

So I think the most likely outcome is that he sticks around in Dallas.

Second most likely ... he joins Kobe and Kevin Love in LA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
His best route to winning is to figure things out in Dallas...He is in a perfect situation there and has solid weapons surrounding him that he can use to boost his assist numbers and help continue to improve his defense. I mean, its a stretch but the outlook of the Mavs can be mirrored to the 08 Celtics starting five.

Rondo - Rondo
Ellis - Allen: Ellis is a better scorer and handles to ball more but Allen's job was simply to score the basketball. Allen spaced the floor better but I see their basic roles similar.
Parsons - Pierce: Obviously Pierce was much better here but again, Parsons job is to provide the Mavs with a scoring punch and he can mimic some of Pierce's role in that light.
Dirk - KG: Obviously Dirk is the offensive veteran version to KG's defense but both are the veteran leaders who space the floor for Rondo to feed.
Perk - Chandler: The defensive anchor. Tyson is a much better option than Perk but Tyson also doesn't have KG holding down the fort.

Its a stretch but there is no reason it can't work.

That being said...I think Rondo wants the big city spotlight and I see the Lakers in his future.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The reality here is that by picking our hated rivals (Lakers) it just illustrates the irrational hatred that people here have for Rajon Rondo.

I'd cheer for him vs BOS if he ever chose the Lakers, TBH.

If he left DAL, I'd hope he consider CHI, given their current situation and the fact that he had perhaps his best years under Thibs (while he was in BOS with Coach Rivers).

I wish him well and sincerely hopes that he wins in DAL for the time being.