Author Topic: Rookie salary question  (Read 1932 times)

Rookie salary question
« on: February 25, 2015, 11:18:14 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
What will the projected cap rise in 2016 do to the rookie salary scale?

Re: Rookie salary question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:21:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Probably nothing.

Here's a big sheet of rookie salary scale info:
http://www.cbafaq.com/scale2011.htm
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Wow, if they do nothing to the scale it will make rookies even more valuable than they are now

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:51 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Probably Absolutely nothing.

Here's a big sheet of rookie salary scale info:
http://www.cbafaq.com/scale2011.htm

The interesting question is what will happen when the players opt out in 2017.  Will they raise the rookie scale, and will the contracts of players currently on rookie deals be impacted?  If they keep the rookie scale the same, and the cap rises significantly again because the players take back a greater percentage of revenue, draft picks and players on rookie deals become that much more valuable, since they take up still a smaller portion of the cap.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Wow, if they do nothing to the scale it will make rookies even more valuable than they are now
yes, which is why first rounds picks have become very valuable and GMs are hesitant to trade them.

now, also put the bevy, bushel, bunch of draft picks ainge has accumulated for the celtics and you can see one reason why folks tip their hats to him as GM.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
they keep the rookie scale the same, and the cap rises significantly again because the players take back a greater percentage of revenue, draft picks and players on rookie deals become that much more valuable, since they take up still a smaller portion of the cap.

I imagine this is exactly how it will go down, salt. You're right, though -- we'll know how it all shakes out at the end of the next lockout.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
yes, which is why first rounds picks have become very valuable and GMs are hesitant to trade them.

now, also put the bevy, bushel, bunch of draft picks ainge has accumulated for the celtics and you can see one reason why folks tip their hats to him as GM.

Hail for Ainge!  ;D Genius!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different