Author Topic: Rondo at his Best  (Read 1924 times)

Rondo at his Best
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:40:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Since his ACL injury, and even before that really Rondo has been bad. Bad for the Celtics, bad for the Mavs. Iv just seen the video of him and Carlisle going at it and right now things seem to be at an all time low for Rondo, as he may shoulder a lot of the blame if the Mavs dont make a run. His free throw shooting is pitiful and his jumper is as bad as ever. The general feeling on C's blog is: "good riddance" I too was in the trade Rondo camp but man do I miss 2010-2012 playoff Rondo. I know its a weird time for nostalgia, but man was this Rondo fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90C-mdaVzQ
outplaying the best player in the world on his own court
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEVdhgno14
playing through a dislocated shoulder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wq1yMiQ-3A
Going off for thirty when no one else was making shots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_DwuVk_7EE
Taking over the game after Pierce fouled out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE
Dominating every facet of the game and turning the tide of the series.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Rondo at his Best
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
TP

i miss him

But at the same time, we're better off

It reminds me of having a girlfriend you really loved, who brought you to highs you didn't even know existed.. But towards the end, there were mostly lows

But you GOTTA remember the good times!

Rondo was the man
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:04:35 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I appreciate what Rondo did for the Celtics, you could count on him to show up when the games mattered and he gave us everything in the playoffs. I loved the confidence Doc, Pierce, KG, Ray and Rondo had in knowing they could beat anyone and shut teams down, made going into the numerous game 7's a little less nerve racking! Hope he gets back to that level again someday.

TP for the memories!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:16:07 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
"i didn't play defense for a couple of years" statement, erased Rondo from my "celtics" memory
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 07:50:19 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
That quote is out of context. He was praising AB.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 11:09:52 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Rondo is quickly wearing out his welcome in Dallas.
Last night he got into an argument with the coach and was benched for much of the 4th quarter. His stats are terrible. He's now being fouled in the fourth quarter in close games, so the opposing team can get the ball back off his missed free throws.

I have some great memories of him too, but I'm really glad he's gone. 

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »

Offline BleedGreen97

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
The way everything ended with Rondo certainly wasn't pretty, but you have to appreciate what he did. He was exactly what that team from 07-12 needed. I LOVED the 2012 ECF it was Rondo carrying the Celtics, it was too bad they couldn't win but that was definitely one of the most exciting series I remember in my lifetime of being a celtics fan.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 05:00:41 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The way everything ended with Rondo certainly wasn't pretty, but you have to appreciate what he did. He was exactly what that team from 07-12 needed. I LOVED the 2012 ECF it was Rondo carrying the Celtics, it was too bad they couldn't win but that was definitely one of the most exciting series I remember in my lifetime of being a celtics fan.

i hear you.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
He didn't really leave in a bad way at all. He never demanded a trade the way so many players do. He never trashed us on the way out a la Walker.

Rondo takes heat for his strong desire to win and short temper. He always played well for us until wins didn't really matter anymore.

It is sad how it ended though. We just couldn't get good again fast enough. I'd never bet against him though. When the playoffs start he will turn it up.