Author Topic: Derrick Rose tears his right meniscus again, needs surgery.  (Read 7178 times)

Re: Derrick Rose tears his right meniscus again, needs surgery.
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I feel so bad for Derrick Rose. It's so sad....

Agreed. It's unfortunate.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Some people's legs just aren't built for the mileage that basketball puts on them. Derrick Rose and Brandon Roy had huge futures taken from them, its sad.
Roy is completely different. He had a degenerative condition. His knee was gone. Rose is just injured again. He can heal and return.
Thank you!  All that "he's done" stuff is ridiculous.  He will have this minor surgery and be right back to where he has been this season- which is a far cry from what he was a few years ago.

The will probably clear him for the playoffs and I hope he doesn't ignore them.  This might be the best chance he ever gets to win a championship.

He will not be cleared for the playoffs.  You're right that a meniscus tear isn't career-ending, but post-surgery recovery time for it is four months if he's an incredible healer.  He'll be back in October, and hopefully able to put these last three years behind him.

Depends ENTIRELY on the extent of damage (so far, it seems to be less severe than last year's) and if he opts for a removal over a repairing.  If he gets it removed, he can return in as soon as about six weeks.

He's not going to get it removed.  He was declared to be done for the season because it was getting repaired -- he's done for the year.  Hopefully this is the last time we hear "Derrick Rose" and "knee" in the same sentence.

As it stands now the Bulls are expecting Rose back before the playoffs.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/02/27/bulls-expect-rose-back-before-end-of-season/

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I have my doubts.  Rose has never been the one to really rush back.  If anything, you'd think this latest setback would make him more cautious. 

CLE was just handed the East on a sliver platter. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2015, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I have my doubts.  Rose has never been the one to really rush back.  If anything, you'd think this latest setback would make him more cautious. 

I don't know, I think the pressure is on, that he will never be healthy. I think he will be back for the playoffs. Personally, I have no problems if he said he were to rest for the rest of the season, but the last time he made a comment about resting, he had a lot of backlash. Not sure if this time will be the same.

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

I don't know, I think the pressure is on, that he will never be healthy. I think he will be back for the playoffs. Personally, I have no problems if he said he were to rest for the rest of the season, but the last time he made a comment about resting, he had a lot of backlash. Not sure if this time will be the same.

If he bows to the fear of backlash & comes back before his body is ready, then he is an idiot. 

At this point, we're talking about his career.  It's almost on life support at this time.  He's most likely one more serious knee injury away from retirement. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »

Offline Big3

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
What little chance they had of beating Cleveland went down the drain. Why can't LeBron get hurt? That way Adam Silver will cry in his beer if the Cavs don't win.

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 04:58:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I think the response has been greatly exaggerated. This is very different from his past injuries. This injury is a minor tear, similar to what McDermott and Ron Artest suffered recently, and both of them were back in 4 weeks or less. Artest was actually back in 2 weeks. Rose expects to be back in about 4 weeks, walked out of the hospital without crutches and no limp after the surgery, and has already begun his rehab. Rose and the Bulls will be ready for the playoffs.