Author Topic: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other  (Read 59499 times)

Re: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2015, 10:28:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
And they lost without him. 

It sickens me how people here dump on the guy so much, someone who was a big part of our championship run.  That alone should command respect.  How can we forget so fast everything he did here?  Smh.
If Rondo wanted respect in Boston, perhaps he should have thought twice before pouting himself out of town. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Wow.  How exactly did he "pout" himself out of town?
Where do I start? How about by handing the ball off on offense and standing around? Or refusing to take shots? Or not playing defense?

You want him to break his back on a team that was clearly organized to lose huh?  He was being hounded on the point that he was holding onto the ball way too long, and when he decided to dish it early, you still criticize him.  [dang] if you do, [dang] if you don't.  That's not "pouting" by the way.

I want him to be a professional and do the thing he is being paid millions of dollars to do. I don't understand why so many people are so eager to provide excuses of "poor environment" and "bad team" to excuse Rondo for his obvious lack of motivation and everything else the last couple of years. It doesn't fly in the real world, so I don't understand why we think it should fly for some of the most priveleged and wealthy individuals in the world.

And I'm sure Slick Rick was being professional, too.

It takes two to tango.

And the coach isn't always right - just ask a certain Jason Kidd.
I wasn't referring to the whole Carlisle situation. Rather, I was referring to his time here.

That being said, the coach is the coach. He blatantly ignored a play Carlisle was wanting him to run and didn't even acknowledge him. Quetz' post is spot on. Doc gave him alot more freedom, but Carlisle just doesn't seem to be that type of coach, especially with a player that's only been there as long as Rondo has been. I think a divorce is inevitable.

Look - for the record, Rondo was wrong for what he did...let me be clear about that.

But Rick was wrong, too. Yes - he is the coach. But Rajon Rondo did not just overnight curse at Rick out of the blue.

Something has been simmering for a while, now.

It was not Rajon's choice to be traded. He was placed in a situation (and seemingly a good one at 1st), and now the team is old, players are showing their age, Dirk gets a free pass (and seemingly has mailed it in during the season, at least), and there seems to be some division.

Rick handed Jason Kidd the keys, eventually - while in the world he hasn't did that with Rajon yet is beyond me and is insulting to Rajon.

If the coach (and Rondo to some extent) can't compromise then Rajon needs to move on. Let Dirk ride off into the sunset with his 1 ring...he doesn't seem to have the desire for a 2nd.

This is not ALL about Rajon...that is what has me so irritated about the climate on this Blog.
I don't know. Maybe I'm too old-school, or maybe my philosophy doesn't translate to the pros. But I don't think most players should be questioning coaches. They're there for a reason. I just don't think Rondo is good enough right now to be questioning his coach and going against his plans, at least not in this stage of his career with how he's been playing. If this was Lebron, that's different, because he's the best player in the world. But has Rondo really been good enough this year to be questioning Carlisle's decisions? I don't think he has.

But you're totally right on Nowitzki getting a free pass. Actually, I liked him all the way up until this year when I started watching more of him. Big big baby.

I'm old school, too - very much so. Can't stand most of the music nowadays, everything.

Rondo should not be questioning his coaches, but for Rick to state that he and Rondo needs to talk more is telling, to say the least.

Why hasn't he sought out Rondo until now? Did Jason Kidd ruffle his feathers to the point where he was going to try to make an example out of Rajon?

Maybe Rajon is looking at the roster and seeing that ONLY Tyson has a defensive mindset. Monta is coming along, but the Bookend Forwards can't guard a turtle.

KG and Pierce were a GREAT defensive tandem - even up till 2012.

And as for Rajon being good enough? Oh wow - people seem to have forgotten 09-12.....even May 09 series with CHI and ORL, where Rajon stepped up once KG and Powe went down.

I don't and will never forget the things that Rajon Rondo did here in Green.

Rajon "Was" that good....he "Can" be, and "Will" be "That" good again. The naysayers here don't want him to be, to prove their inane theories about him.

You really think he'll get back to 09-12 Rondo? He was a beast then, and he was legitimately the best player in a series that involved Lebron James. But he hasn't shown anything recently to suggest he'll ever get to that level again.

« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2015, 10:32:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

It sickens me how people here dump on the guy so much, someone who was a big part of our championship run.  That alone should command respect.  How can we forget so fast everything he did here?  Smh.
If Rondo wanted respect in Boston, perhaps he should have thought twice before pouting himself out of town. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Where do I start? How about by handing the ball off on offense and standing around? Or refusing to take shots? Or not playing defense?

You want him to break his back on a team that was clearly organized to lose huh?  He was being hounded on the point that he was holding onto the ball way too long, and when he decided to dish it early, you still criticize him.  [dang] if you do, [dang] if you don't.  That's not "pouting" by the way.

I want him to be a professional and do the thing he is being paid millions of dollars to do. I don't understand why so many people are so eager to provide excuses of "poor environment" and "bad team" to excuse Rondo for his obvious lack of motivation and everything else the last couple of years. It doesn't fly in the real world, so I don't understand why we think it should fly for some of the most priveleged and wealthy individuals in the world.

It takes two to tango.

I wasn't referring to the whole Carlisle situation. Rather, I was referring to his time here.

That being said, the coach is the coach. He blatantly ignored a play Carlisle was wanting him to run and didn't even acknowledge him. Quetz' post is spot on. Doc gave him alot more freedom, but Carlisle just doesn't seem to be that type of coach, especially with a player that's only been there as long as Rondo has been. I think a divorce is inevitable.

Look - for the record, Rondo was wrong for what he did...let me be clear about that.

But Rick was wrong, too. Yes - he is the coach. But Rajon Rondo did not just overnight curse at Rick out of the blue.

It was not Rajon's choice to be traded. He was placed in a situation (and seemingly a good one at 1st), and now the team is old, players are showing their age, Dirk gets a free pass (and seemingly has mailed it in during the season, at least), and there seems to be some division.

Rick handed Jason Kidd the keys, eventually - while in the world he hasn't did that with Rajon yet is beyond me and is insulting to Rajon.

If the coach (and Rondo to some extent) can't compromise then Rajon needs to move on. Let Dirk ride off into the sunset with his 1 ring...he doesn't seem to have the desire for a 2nd.

This is not ALL about Rajon...that is what has me so irritated about the climate on this Blog.
I don't know. Maybe I'm too old-school, or maybe my philosophy doesn't translate to the pros. But I don't think most players should be questioning coaches. They're there for a reason. I just don't think Rondo is good enough right now to be questioning his coach and going against his plans, at least not in this stage of his career with how he's been playing. If this was Lebron, that's different, because he's the best player in the world. But has Rondo really been good enough this year to be questioning Carlisle's decisions? I don't think he has.

But you're totally right on Nowitzki getting a free pass. Actually, I liked him all the way up until this year when I started watching more of him. Big big baby.

I'm old school, too - very much so. Can't stand most of the music nowadays, everything.

Rondo should not be questioning his coaches, but for Rick to state that he and Rondo needs to talk more is telling, to say the least.

Why hasn't he sought out Rondo until now? Did Jason Kidd ruffle his feathers to the point where he was going to try to make an example out of Rajon?

Maybe Rajon is looking at the roster and seeing that ONLY Tyson has a defensive mindset. Monta is coming along, but the Bookend Forwards can't guard a turtle.

And as for Rajon being good enough? Oh wow - people seem to have forgotten 09-12.....even May 09 series with CHI and ORL, where Rajon stepped up once KG and Powe went down.

Rajon "Was" that good....he "Can" be, and "Will" be "That" good again. The naysayers here don't want him to be, to prove their inane theories about him.

You really think he'll get back to 09-12 Rondo? He was a beast then, and he was legitimately the best player in a series that involved Lebron James. But he hasn't shown anything recently to suggest he'll ever get to that level again.

I firmly believe he will. He has Celtic Blood in him. That same drive that allowed KG Post-Injury to show flashes of his greatness even in the last couple of seasons in Green.

Rajon is made of sterner stuff than most NBA players. Being a Celtic means something.

Look at Tony Allen, Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Glen Davis, Perk.....these players have all went on to be rather productive and helpful on their new teams.

Rajon will do the same - either in DAL or somewhere else.

« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2015, 10:35:19 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

It takes two to tango.

REALITY POST
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

It takes two to tango.

I firmly believe he will. He has Celtic Blood in him. That same drive that allowed KG Post-Injury to show flashes of his greatness even in the last couple of seasons in Green.

Rajon is made of sterner stuff than most NBA players. Being a Celtic means something.

Look at Tony Allen, Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Glen Davis, Perk.....these players have all went on to be rather productive and helpful on their new teams.

Even with his mutant Celtic Blood, there comes a time when a player starts to take a downturn.  Nobody is great forever.  Pierce and KG are nowhere near the level of player they were a few years ago.  It happens.  Personally, I think that Rondo has been greatly impacted by injuries. He just can't do the things he used to do.  He was great for the C's and I have always said that he's the greatest passer I have ever seen.  I hope he does well for Dallas or wherever else he ends up but my honest opinion is that his better days are behind him...way behind him.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It takes two to tango.

I can't tell if your post is serious or not. "Being a Celtic" does that mean dogging it in certain games, throwing water bottles at your coach, bumping refs, and not being there for the team to attend your party?

« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2015, 10:54:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

It takes two to tango.

Even with his mutant Celtic Blood, there comes a time when a player starts to take a downturn.  Nobody is great forever.  Pierce and KG are nowhere near the level of player they were a few years ago.  It happens.  Personally, I think that Rondo has been greatly impacted by injuries. He just can't do the things he used to do.  He was great for the C's and I have always said that he's the greatest passer I have ever seen.  I hope he does well for Dallas or wherever else he ends up but my honest opinion is that his better days are behind him...way behind him.

I still believe "The Dodo", as Shaq nicknamed him - still has a lil somthin' somthin' left.

« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2015, 10:57:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

It takes two to tango.

I can't tell if your post is serious or not. "Being a Celtic" does that mean dogging it in certain games, throwing water bottles at your coach, bumping refs, and not being there for the team to attend your party?

Very Serious, Eddie.

And glad to see you're still keeping tabs on Rajon, Dad.

« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2015, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It takes two to tango.

Very Serious, Eddie.

And glad to see you're still keeping tabs on Rajon, Dad.

Ok random PR guy

« Reply #233 on: February 26, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

It takes two to tango.

I had the same reaction after reading about Celtic Blood.  Very Charlie Sheen-esque.  Couldn't tell if it was an intended to be a joke / exaggeration.

« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2015, 11:14:32 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

It takes two to tango.

I'm all for team pride, but c'mon man.
Greg

« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2015, 11:16:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
And I guess some here have never heard of Celtic Mystique, then?

Sad.

« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2015, 11:53:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Like I've said before - I'm not budging from my thoughts or ideas or opinions on here.

You'd stand a better chance at seeing donkeys fly before that happens.

Call me stubborn, whatever - but I'm me.

« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2015, 12:02:53 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
good thing not everyone here thinks that way. it would reduce the meaningful discuss by quite a bit wouldn't it?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2015, 12:52:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

It takes two to tango.

As long as Rondo goes to a team that is willing to build their offense around his strengths and weaknesses, let him dominate the ball on every possession... and let him play 37-43 minutes per night, I see no reason to believe he can't go back to averaging 10+ assists. 

I still like Rondo.  I'd actually be ok with it if we signed him this summer on a 7-9mil per year contract to be the starting point guard (and then cash in by trading some of our other guards).   I was driving the "Trade Rondo" bandwagon for multiple reasons... theoretically helping with the tank job (turns out we were worse with Rondo so it didn't matter), his age not coinciding with our window of relevance, him not deserving superstar money, the fact that he was likely going to flee in free agency.  It was never that I disliked Rondo.  None of that stuff would really matter to me if we landed a couple stars this summer for Rondo to join with.

« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2015, 04:13:23 AM »

Offline Bear.Vodka.Balalaika

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
[wrong thread]