Author Topic: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other  (Read 59508 times)

Re: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
And they lost without him. 

It sickens me how people here dump on the guy so much, someone who was a big part of our championship run.  That alone should command respect.  How can we forget so fast everything he did here?  Smh.
If Rondo wanted respect in Boston, perhaps he should have thought twice before pouting himself out of town. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Wow.  How exactly did he "pout" himself out of town?
Where do I start? How about by handing the ball off on offense and standing around? Or refusing to take shots? Or not playing defense?

You want him to break his back on a team that was clearly organized to lose huh?  He was being hounded on the point that he was holding onto the ball way too long, and when he decided to dish it early, you still criticize him.  [dang] if you do, [dang] if you don't.  That's not "pouting" by the way.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You want him to break his back on a team that was clearly organized to lose huh?  He was being hounded on the point that he was holding onto the ball way too long, and when he decided to dish it early, you still criticize him.  [dang] if you do, [dang] if you don't.  That's not "pouting" by the way.
I don't want him to do anything. But he'll be judged by what his deeds, and he has the examples of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett staring right back at him.

And if the only options are to hog the ball or hand it off to someone at the top of the key and go sulk in the corner, he doesn't sound like a player we should be disappointed about losing.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Fun articles:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-mavericks/post/_/id/4704721/rondo-carlisle-must-make-it-work-for-now

The root of the Rondo-Carlisle crisis is a simmering disagreement about whether the Mavs were best off with the genius former Coach of the Year or brilliant four-time All-Star point guard calling the majority of the plays.

Rondo, a nine-year veteran with one of the highest basketball IQs in the league, believes that's a big part of his job as a point guard. Carlisle, one of the NBA's best offensive minds, doesn't want to hand the keys of his sports car over to a guy he just met.

It's similar to the friction between Carlisle and future Hall of Fame point guard Jason Kidd during their first season together, except they never had "SportsCenter"-leading shouting matches. Carlisle ceded control to Kidd in midseason, and that duo played prominent roles in the Mavs' title run a few years later.

Could history repeat itself? Don't hold your breath. The reality is Rondo's run with the Mavs is extremely unlikely to extend past this season.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/2/26/8110919/an-open-letter-to-rajon-rondo-dallas-mavericks-rick-carlisle

Then you went and got yourself suspended by escalating the issue further after the game and after Rick Carlisle went to bat for you with the media...

I can't believe we're even talking about this. Just who in the hell do you think you are? Is getting the last word more important to you than helping your team win games? You won a NBA championship as the fourth banana on a team with three future Hall of Famers...seven years ago. You've been living off your reputation for far too long. Getting suspended for conduct detrimental to the team 25 games into your tenure for a squad that's 18 games above .500 is ridiculous.

Rajon Rondo, simply put -- you are not bigger than the Dallas Mavericks.

Will be interesting to see who overpays him this summer.

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

It sickens me how people here dump on the guy so much, someone who was a big part of our championship run.  That alone should command respect.  How can we forget so fast everything he did here?  Smh.
If Rondo wanted respect in Boston, perhaps he should have thought twice before pouting himself out of town. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Where do I start? How about by handing the ball off on offense and standing around? Or refusing to take shots? Or not playing defense?

I want him to be a professional and do the thing he is being paid millions of dollars to do. I don't understand why so many people are so eager to provide excuses of "poor environment" and "bad team" to excuse Rondo for his obvious lack of motivation and everything else the last couple of years. It doesn't fly in the real world, so I don't understand why we think it should fly for some of the most priveleged and wealthy individuals in the world.

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I want him to be a professional and do the thing he is being paid millions of dollars to do. I don't understand why so many people are so eager to provide excuses of "poor environment" and "bad team" to excuse Rondo for his obvious lack of motivation and everything else the last couple of years. It doesn't fly in the real world, so I don't understand why we think it should fly for some of the most priveleged and wealthy individuals in the world.

And I'm sure Slick Rick was being professional, too.

It takes two to tango.

And the coach isn't always right - just ask a certain Jason Kidd.

« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2015, 07:31:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Chuck Klosterman and Simmons had an intersesting talk about this today.  Klosterman made the point that 1.) we know that Rondo is smart and 2.) we know if anything, Rondo is unselfish.  He wouldn't "be calling plays to reward himself."  It was kind of interesting, Simmons made the point that Rondo just doesn't fit Dallas' offense and Carlile (or however the spelling is) needs to have his own way just like Rondo does.

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Chuck Klosterman and Simmons had an intersesting talk about this today.  Klosterman made the point that 1.) we know that Rondo is smart and 2.) we know if anything, Rondo is unselfish.  He wouldn't "be calling plays to reward himself."  It was kind of interesting, Simmons made the point that Rondo just doesn't fit Dallas' offense and Carlile (or however the spelling is) needs to have his own way just like Rondo does.

I can live with this post.

So if Slick Rick can't compromise (Like he did for Jason Kidd), then Rajon Rondo needs to move on to the Lakers, CHI or SAC or somewhere that will appreciate him.

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
jpotter33, tommy point for you - for your common sense post.  Greenfaith1819, you have posted many times about Rondo - the thread is about Rondo, not you.  You remind me of bballtim.

As far as Rondo vs Thomas, I vote for Thomas.

I have been a Celtics fan since 1964 and have seen it all.  Rondo never has been an outstanding point guard.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

And I'm sure Slick Rick was being professional, too.

It takes two to tango.

And the coach isn't always right - just ask a certain Jason Kidd.
I wasn't referring to the whole Carlisle situation. Rather, I was referring to his time here.

That being said, the coach is the coach. He blatantly ignored a play Carlisle was wanting him to run and didn't even acknowledge him. Quetz' post is spot on. Doc gave him alot more freedom, but Carlisle just doesn't seem to be that type of coach, especially with a player that's only been there as long as Rondo has been. I think a divorce is inevitable.

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2015, 08:06:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
jpotter33, tommy point for you - for your common sense post.  Greenfaith1819, you have posted many times about Rondo - the thread is about Rondo, not you.  You remind me of bballtim.

I have been a Celtics fan since 1964 and have seen it all.  Rondo never has been an outstanding point guard.

And I have been a Celtics fan since 1981.Been all around the world in the Navy and got a Comp Science degree to boot. That doesn't make me any smarter than you or anyone else here, lol.

Your 1964-ism has nothing to do with your opinion being more valid than mine or anyone else's.

But thank you for your post.

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Bbtim hmm sounds like a familiar name.

Never seen many posts from him since Rondo left.

Maybe IT will grow on him

« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Guys lets not fight. We should be all happy Rondo is another teams problem now

« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2015, 08:27:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Let's stop calling out other posters, please.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2015, 08:28:04 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Bbtim hmm sounds like a familiar name.

Never seen many posts from him since Rondo left.

Maybe IT will grow on him

Tim was just here for Rondo. Last I heard he moved to Texas, now sports a cowboy hat, and posts all day on some Mavs board about what Rondo did in the 2012 playoffs vs Miami.

« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2015, 08:31:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Tim's still around. There's just not much to talk about now that the C's roster is devoid of good players and is definitely in for a longish rebuild.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.