Author Topic: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other  (Read 59436 times)

Re: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 11:51:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
What is amazing is that no one called Rondo out before.

Doc didn't have the balls.

Doc NEVER called Rondo out?? I think you may have that wrong, wasn't that the main reason for them butting heads earlier.
You are correct. He is wrong.

The narrative here was always that Doc was especially hard on Rondo because Doc was a PG. I'm not sure how he doesn't remember that.

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 11:51:05 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 11:56:23 PM »

Offline e4e5sesame

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
In 4 games since the All Star break:

minrebaststltopts
Rajon Rondo9571711430
Devin Harris97101712747

I know everyone likes to talk about playoff Rondo, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harris is in the starting line up come the post season.

Actually, on second thought, they might keep Harris on the bench because Rondo would tank their second unit into futility of epic proportions.

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 11:59:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Doc NEVER called Rondo out?? I think you may have that wrong, wasn't that the main reason for them butting heads earlier.

The narrative here was always that Doc was especially hard on Rondo because Doc was a PG. I'm not sure how he doesn't remember that.

Because I watched the games.

Rondo got away with murder.

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 12:00:45 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Why was Carlisle unhappy with Rondo?

As Rondo was slowly dribbling the ball upcourt, Carlisle was trying to give him some instruction from the bench.  Rondo was on the other side of the court from the bench at the time but it sure looked like Rondo was just ignoring him, which led to Carlisle angrily calling time out and then he and Rondo getting into it.

Mike

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 12:02:29 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
Rondo was known to ignore Smith at Kentucky too. Rondo knows best.

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
In 4 games since the All Star break:

minrebaststltopts
Rajon Rondo9571711430
Devin Harris97101712747

I know everyone likes to talk about playoff Rondo, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harris is in the starting line up come the post season.

Actually, on second thought, they might keep Harris on the bench because Rondo would tank their second unit into futility of epic proportions.

2 notable things have happened since the Allstar break: someone told the Mavs bench that they're still nba caliber players and they're playing like it.  And Rondo is coming back from a broken face.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 12:06:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Why was Carlisle unhappy with Rondo?

As Rondo was slowly dribbling the ball upcourt, Carlisle was trying to give him some instruction from the bench.  Rondo was on the other side of the court from the bench at the time but it sure looked like Rondo was just ignoring him, which led to Carlisle angrily calling time out and then he and Rondo getting into it.

Mike
I read somewhere that Carlisle was telling Rondo to call the timeout and Rondo ignored him so Carlisle got mad and called timeout.

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 12:14:09 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Kinda funny you mention Tubby since according to reporters he was in the Mavs locker room tonight after the game waiting to chat with Rondo. But yeah, Tubby hates him. Jeff Goodman says so.

For all of the "Rondo is uncoachable" narrative, it's seems lost that Rondo still manages to maintain open lines of communication with his past coaches.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 12:20:38 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Because I watched the games.

Rondo got away with murder.

Yeah I think we've watched the games as well and have seen Doc dig into Rondo..but ok, you have better eyes and memory I guess. If anything, he was softer on the Big 3 than the rest of the team

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:25 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

[/quote]
Max doesn't look good for him...
[/quote]

Understatement of the night.

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2015, 12:40:31 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I would assume he is just frustrated in going to a team that runs 3 point guard sets with over the hill bigs and plays ole defense.

I watched the whole game being stuck in Raptors land Canada and he is far from 100%. He's clearly annoyed, we've all seen it too many times.

Poor guy was bred into winning, it will probably take a decade to get some true perspective being he is so stubborn.

Plus, him, Derek Rose, they have the same problem. Reckless abandon with no attention being paid to landing going to the hole at a young age. His best days are far behind him.

Welcome to Vince Carter territory. They're all going to be disappointed with each other, surely.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2015, 01:00:45 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I would assume he is just frustrated in going to a team that runs 3 point guard sets with over the hill bigs and plays ole defense.

I watched the whole game being stuck in Raptors land Canada and he is far from 100%. He's clearly annoyed, we've all seen it too many times.

Poor guy was bred into winning, it will probably take a decade to get some true perspective being he is so stubborn.
You give him too much credit.

Rondo is always annoyed with other people. There is that well known story about Doc telling Rondo during his rookie season that guys hated playing with him because he was always annoyed with them.

Rondo thinks he always knows the right play and makes the right pass and is annoyed when others aren't on the same page or if they disagree. Dude is a difficult person and it is risky to hitch your wagon to him.

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:37 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

Kinda funny you mention Tubby since according to reporters he was in the Mavs locker room tonight after the game waiting to chat with Rondo. But yeah, Tubby hates him. Jeff Goodman says so.

For all of the "Rondo is uncoachable" narrative, it's seems lost that Rondo still manages to maintain open lines of communication with his past coaches.
Who said Tubby hates Rondo? Just because a kid is difficult doesn't mean you will hate him. It can be a barrier to his success and your team's success, but that doesn't mean that you won't have a good personal relationship with him.

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:12 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

You give him too much credit.

Rondo is always annoyed with other people. There is that well known story about Doc telling Rondo during his rookie season that guys hated playing with him because he was always annoyed with them.

Rondo thinks he always knows the right play and makes the right pass and is annoyed when others aren't on the same page or if they disagree. Dude is a difficult person and it is risky to hitch your wagon to him.

The other half of that rookie season story? Rondo coming back a few days later and asking Doc how he could be better.

2021 Houston Rockets