Author Topic: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other  (Read 59435 times)

Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:20:59 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Just posted on twitter:

Coach Rick Carlisle exchanges words with Rajon Rondo: Raptors at Mavericks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMqmazGYBns&feature=youtu.be
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Welp, here we go...Rondo and Carlisle going at each other
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:50 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
I'm sure Doc feels Carlisle's pain.  I honestly do not miss Rondo.  Way too much of a Diva and it really appears that he has a serious disrespect for authority. 

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Shocking him ignoring a coach....Rick should know better, does he not know how smart Rondo is??

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hasn't played since then, either.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:40:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://youtu.be/NEbBSEqcmFI

....Stuff happens....
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton

....Stuff happens....

A week after being traded there? Lol...yeah Ok.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 10:42:58 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The thing here is that Carlisle is a made man in Dallas while Rondo is the outsider.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 10:45:54 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
1 more argument than he ever had with Brad Stevens

It's actually interesting. Carlisle is a championship coach, but he seems to be the outlier as a more strict type while others seem to be "players' coaches" (think Spolestra). I think Brad's style is more in the middle, a la Popovich.

Also:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-mavericks/post/_/id/4704694/can-holger-help-rondo-theyre-trying?ex_cid=espnapi_public

For every negative remark there is a positive one. I'm trying to be more positive this season. I like generally happy thoughts about Rondo because of the history he contributed to.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:52:48 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:06 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
This is who Rondo is. Its no surprise, he believes he is a star in the NBA and he is the farthest from it. Danny Ainge's biggest mistake was believing in this guy for as long as he did. I was always in the camp of Rondo hurt the team more than he helped and he could have been traded for a much better package a year or two ago.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:15 PM »

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
if rondo was balling like back in the day and doing all of that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. then fine, we all know the deal. But this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.'s been struggling A LOT. Doubt he'll ever be a very good point guard after the surgery. OK to good pg

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

....Stuff happens....

A week after being traded there? Lol...yeah Ok.

A week? He's played more games for Dallas this season than he did for Boston (yet some of you can't seem to move on). My point is, tempers flare between players and coaches during games. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. This WILL be blown out proportion by some here though. Some of you just can't help it.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
1 more argument than he ever had with Brad Stevens

It's actually interesting. Carlisle is a championship coach, but he seems to be the outlier as a more strict type while others seem to be "players' coaches" (think Spolestra). I think Brad's style is more in the middle, a la Popovich.

Also:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-mavericks/post/_/id/4704694/can-holger-help-rondo-theyre-trying?ex_cid=espnapi_public

For every negative remark there is a positive one. I'm trying to be more positive this season. I like generally happy thoughts about Rondo because of the history he contributed to.

Definitely different coaching styles..Carlisle is known to be critical of his Pg's so I'm not surprised tempers have flared..be interesting to see this play out in the media.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:42 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
It's crazy to think that since that trade, who would've thought that Jae Crowder has turned out to be the best player so far?

Now I'm obviously not saying Crowder is better than Rondo, obviously he's not, two totally different kinds of players.

But I'm not so sure you can chalk this up to "well, that's just Rondo, happens from time to time, comes with the territory."  I've been following the Dallas box scores closely since that trade and have tried to catch as many Mavs games as possible when they're on national tv or on nba tv...and Rondo doesn't seem to be fitting into that system very well.  They're winning in spite of him, not because of him.  I guarantee you if you were to ask any Mavs fan, they would tell you that this was NOT what they signed up for when trading for Rondo and that they were expecting much more.

Maybe he can redeem himself in the playoffs, but if not, you have to figure he won't be resigning there in the offseason.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 11:06:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's crazy to think that since that trade, who would've thought that Jae Crowder has turned out to be the best player so far?

Now I'm obviously not saying Crowder is better than Rondo, obviously he's not, two totally different kinds of players.

But I'm not so sure you can chalk this up to "well, that's just Rondo, happens from time to time, comes with the territory."  I've been following the Dallas box scores closely since that trade and have tried to catch as many Mavs games as possible when they're on national tv or on nba tv...and Rondo doesn't seem to be fitting into that system very well.  They're winning in spite of him, not because of him.  I guarantee you if you were to ask any Mavs fan, they would tell you that this was NOT what they signed up for when trading for Rondo and that they were expecting much more.

Maybe he can redeem himself in the playoffs, but if not, you have to figure he won't be resigning there in the offseason.

I've watched alot of mavs as well. Offensively, he seems a little unsure and not wanting to step on toes. Like he's not sure of his role. It's almost like he's having an identity crisis. Still, I think the regression of their offense has been largely exaggerated by talking heads. They're no longer #1 in offensive efficiency, but they're still top 5.

Defensively, he's been alot more assertive. They were #22 in defensive efficiency and trending downward - 27th in the weeks immediately proceeding the trade. With Rondo, their 7th overall in defensive efficiency.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:43 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
This is who Rondo is. Its no surprise, he believes he is a star in the NBA and he is the farthest from it. Danny Ainge's biggest mistake was believing in this guy for as long as he did. I was always in the camp of Rondo hurt the team more than he helped and he could have been traded for a much better package a year or two ago.

That wasn't a big mistake