Author Topic: Supposed Dez Bryant video to be released - "5 times worse then Ray Rice"  (Read 13496 times)

Re: Supposed Dez Bryant video to be released - "5 times worse then Ray Rice"
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The thing is that this rumor has circulated for days, and noone can find the video (or anyone who's seen it). Meh.

It was probably mailed to the league office, thus it's unfindable.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

The report mentions that an unknown person called the police to explain that a black female was “being dragged from one vehicle to another vehicle” by a black male.  The vehicle the woman was dragged from was a Mercedes registered to Dez Bryant.

Then, a Bentley arrived in the parking lot, with the alleged victim and Dez Bryant inside.  The alleged victim claimed that she had an argument with a man named Alex Penson, that she was not assaulted or injured in any way, and that it was “just an argument” with Penson.  The alleged victim claimed she was dropped off at a friend’s house, and that she contacted Bryant to pick her up.

The responding officer determined after talking to all parties that there was no offense, and that everyone was free to go.

The report doesn’t mention the availability of Wal-Mart surveillance video, or the contents of it.  Instead, it appears that the responding officer accepted the version(s) supplied by King, Mitchell, Bryant, and the alleged victim, and closed the case.

In digesting the report, keep this in mind: The report makes no mention of the car to which the victim was allegedly dragged.   The video may show the other car.  The video may show the person doing the dragging, if dragging actually happened.  The video may show whatever preceded the dragging of the woman from “her” Mercedes to another car.  The video may show the other car driving away.

Eventually, the video is coming out. 

::)  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

TL; DR:
"Guys I learned that if you use 'may' and 'if' in your stories you can say whatever you want without threat of libel or the burden of proof. Isn't that totes kewl?" -- Mike Florio, 2015.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 01:09:52 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The thing is that this rumor has circulated for days, and noone can find the video (or anyone who's seen it). Meh.

It was probably mailed to the league office, thus it's unfindable.  ;D

It's next to the deflated footballs

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Also, from a Florio article from this morning:

This story became an open secret among national NFL media members not because of the police report but because of the rumored existence of a video.  While the police report contains no accusations against Dez, who at the time was preparing to start his second NFL season, it contains enough inconsistencies to justify a review of the video at the time the incident happened.  And it definitely justifies an ongoing pursuit of the video — or at a minimum the pursuit of a clear statement that there is no video.

So now the race to get the video (or a clear statement that there is no video) intensifies, whether the video comes from law enforcement, from Wal-Mart, or from someone else who happens to have it and may be inclined to swap it for cash.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/cowboys-have-no-comment-on-wal-mart-incident-report/
 ::) ::)

So at 9 this morning there was video that was definitely coming out, and at 12 this morning there may not be any video at all.

I hold no ill will towards Mike Florio but my goodness he's either an idiot or incredibly bad at his job or being pressured to stay on this wagon by his editors (perhaps all three).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Soooooo much BS to all of this without any of these reporters actually having hard facts to actually attack Dez with.

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 01:19:39 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

This story became an open secret among national NFL media members not because of the police report but because of the rumored existence of a video.  While the police report contains no accusations against Dez, who at the time was preparing to start his second NFL season, it contains enough inconsistencies to justify a review of the video at the time the incident happened.  And it definitely justifies an ongoing pursuit of the video — or at a minimum the pursuit of a clear statement that there is no video.

So now the race to get the video (or a clear statement that there is no video) intensifies, whether the video comes from law enforcement, from Wal-Mart, or from someone else who happens to have it and may be inclined to swap it for cash.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/cowboys-have-no-comment-on-wal-mart-incident-report/

I hold no ill will towards Mike Florio but my goodness he's either an idiot or incredibly bad at his job or being pressured to stay on this wagon by his editors (perhaps all three).

Does he even have any editors?  I thought PFT has been his baby all along.

My issue with Florio has always been that he will beat to death stories that concern those who rub him the wrong way while failing to address or follow up on stories with those that he favors.  He's extremely biased in his writings. 

With those that rub him the wrong way, he will post total speculation on his own part in the guise of "news" to keep a story having life.  That's always drove me nuts about him.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 01:22:47 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Soooooo much BS to all of this without any of these reporters actually having hard facts to actually attack Dez with.
The really awful part of this is that it would've never come up if it were Tony Romo or Peyton Manning or  Russell Wilson.

Which is not to say that Bryant is a spotless individual: he clearly isn't. But there's a reason people heard about Rodman's antics long before Jordan's psychopathic tendencies became common knowledge.

Does he even have any editors?  I thought PFT has been his baby all along.

My issue with Florio has always been that he will beat to death stories that concern those who rub him the wrong way while failing to address or follow up on stories with those that he favors.  He's extremely biased in his writings. 

With those that rub him the wrong way, he will post total speculation on his own part in the guise of "news" to keep a story having life.  That's always drove me nuts about him.

I don't know: I spent the majority of my daily life following sports, and because I want to read good information and writing I don't pay attention to Mike Florio. I'm sure he answers to an editor-in-chief, though. Even NBC has to bow to the SEO gods.

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Huh? Florio has left me befuddled.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Huh? Florio has left me befuddled.

Well, at least he's gotten away from his cries for Gronk to get cited for public drinking at the Patriots SB parade.  ::)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Proving a negative is always fun.

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Per Florio:
As mentioned last Friday, February 20, when I inadvertently let the cat out of the bag regarding the previously worst-kept secret among reporters covering the NFL, Rapoport’s overhyped Dez Bryant rap sheet was the result of a chase for a much bigger prize:  The long-rumored video of an incident involving Dez Bryant doing something he shouldn’t have been doing.

Since Friday, much has been written and said about the rumored Dez Bryant video.  As it turns out, the NFL was in possession of relevant evidence on the subject several days before I blurted out the existence of the rumor on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/nfl-media-releases-2011-wal-mart-incident-report-involving-dez-bryant/

Florio and Shefter are two peas in a pod, aren't they.

Here's my imitation of Florio as a 5th grader:

"Whoops, I dropped the Hershey's kisses my mom put in my lunch box! Did you all hear? My mom. She put Hershey's kisses in my lunch box! So, don't come over here right now or you might step on them!"

Crickets.... Crickets....

"Oopsy daisies! They're still down on the floor! Hey, everyone? The Hershey Kisses my mom gave me? Yeah, I still need to pick them up. It was a BIIIIIG boo boo by me to drop these Hershey's Kisses, so, don't step on them, okay?"

Crickets ... Crickets....

Florio turns to his 5th grade teacher Mrs. Flowers.

"Mrs. Flowers?"
"Yes Florio?"
"My mom gave me Hershey Kisses for lunch. [voice rising now, so everyone can hear] And I dropped them! And I told the class to make sure not to step on the Hershey Kisses from my lunch box! Because they're mine!"

Mrs. Flowers pats Florio on the head and says in a soft voice:

"There, there, my boy. Your mom really loves you, doesn't she? Why don't you pick them up now and sit back down. "

Florio, beaming, bends down and finally picks up the Hershey Kisses in his sweaty hands and sits down at his desk.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Per Florio:
As mentioned last Friday, February 20, when I inadvertently let the cat out of the bag regarding the previously worst-kept secret among reporters covering the NFL, Rapoport’s overhyped Dez Bryant rap sheet was the result of a chase for a much bigger prize:  The long-rumored video of an incident involving Dez Bryant doing something he shouldn’t have been doing.

Since Friday, much has been written and said about the rumored Dez Bryant video.  As it turns out, the NFL was in possession of relevant evidence on the subject several days before I blurted out the existence of the rumor on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/nfl-media-releases-2011-wal-mart-incident-report-involving-dez-bryant/

"Whoops, I dropped the Hershey's kisses my mom put in my lunch box! Did you all hear? My mom. She put Hershey's kisses in my lunch box! So, don't come over here right now or you might step on them!"

"Oopsy daisies! They're still down on the floor! Hey, everyone? The Hershey Kisses my mom gave me? Yeah, I still need to pick them up. It was a BIIIIIG boo boo by me to drop these Hershey's Kisses, so, don't step on them, okay?"

"Mrs. Flowers?"
"Yes Florio?"
"My mom gave me Hershey Kisses for lunch. [voice rising now, so everyone can hear] And I dropped them! And I told the class to make sure not to step on the Hershey Kisses from my lunch box! Because they're mine!"

"There, there, my boy. Your mom really loves you, doesn't she? Why don't you pick them up now and sit back down. "

Florio, beaming, bends down and finally picks up the Hershey Kisses in his sweaty hands and sits down at his desk.

No offense, but your story/imitation of Florio was really bizarre.    ???
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Per Florio:

"Mrs. Flowers?"
"Yes Florio?"

No offense, but your story/imitation of Florio was really bizarre.    ???

Ah, but was it a good read?
;)

The point is, Florio goes out of the way to inform the reader that the hubbub is all due to him, Florio.

Like a 5th grader, Florio is working really hard to get recognition for something. Anything.

It's as if he wants us to come away from the story thinking "Poor Florio, his head is so full of all the rumors, because he's the go to guy that all insiders give info to. He's bound to let one or two of the rumors fall out, by accident. Poor old Florio. Its tough being him, keeping all those rumors under wraps. Hey, I wonder what other rumors he's got? I sure should keep reading the column, because who knows what else he might reveal, tomorrow."
Celtics fan for life.