Author Topic: Supposed Dez Bryant video to be released - "5 times worse then Ray Rice"  (Read 13494 times)

Re: Supposed Dez Bryant video to be released - "5 times worse then Ray Rice"
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Not sure how hitting a woman at walmart is five times worse than hitting one in an elevator unless he pulled a hammer of the shelf and hit her with it, maybe while enjoying some pringles he didn't pay for.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Carmen and Jurko: What’s going on with Dez Bryant?

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you heard about this video? Do you know what’s on it?

Schefter: Yeah.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you seen it?

Schefter: I have not seen it.

Carmen and Jurko: Is he doing something criminal? Can you talk about it?

Schefter: I’ll say this: I’ve been working on this since September.

Carmen and Jurko: Is it criminal?

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Is this going to come out?

Schefter: Don’t know. Don’t know yet.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Schefter: It’s taken up a lot of my time this season I’ll say that.

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do.
http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/702314/dez-bryant-video-confirmed

What a sleazy move by Schefter.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do.

No kidding. That's a pretty passive-aggressive way of not being "really not fair" to him.

I still say this footage turns out to be Bryant killing a bald eagle in the Walmart.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 03:15:34 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
Seems like he was being fair enough, I mean screen shots were sent out to everyone so I don't think he is breaking anything.  If he sat on it since september that seems very fair to me.

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 03:16:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Agreed. Sleazy.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 03:20:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Seems like he was being fair enough, I mean screen shots were sent out to everyone so I don't think he is breaking anything.  If he sat on it since september that seems very fair to me.

He probably heard something about something regarding Bryant in September and started making phone calls. Remember the Jackie Mac/Rondo furor, when some posters got all"there's no way she's got this info and no one else does!!11!"? this is a version of that, only instead of letting it slip in a passing comment he's reporting news that might not be news and may never be seen by the public in a way that doesn't qualify as slander (although the intent certainly is).

To use a completely fictitious/hypothetical example, let's say I heard that the Seaton Hall kids were all on meth back in December, which is what was leading to the fighting you read about today. I obviously can't run that as a standalone story -- let's say it's a single source who will only speak off the record, but in reality it's one of their assistant coaches. I play poker with him on Tuesdays, and he's told me they have a meth problem.

I call the school, they give me a no comment, so the story stays underground. Once rumors start popping up about Seaton, I go onto the radio show and say "I've been working on this since December" and I know all about whatever it is, but "People can talk about  this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which I spent a long time trying to do."

See how scummy that reads?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:25:28 PM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
"Been working on this since September"

Yet only starts floating in public & gaining steam right as he's entering contract negotiations. 

This has smear/contract leverage written all over it, in regards to the timing.   

This video may very well exist & be reprehensible.  The timing of it is what stinks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 03:31:41 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell

He probably heard something about something regarding Bryant in September and started making phone calls. Remember the Jackie Mac/Rondo furor, when some posters got all"there's no way she's got this info and no one else does!!11!"? this is a version of that, only instead of letting it slip in a passing comment he's reporting news that might not be news and may never be seen by the public in a way that doesn't qualify as slander (although the intent certainly is).

To use a completely fictitious/hypothetical example, let's say I heard that the Seaton Hall kids were all on meth back in December, which is what was leading to the fighting you read about today. I obviously can't run that as a standalone story -- let's say it's a single source who will only speak off the record, but in reality it's one of their assistant coaches. I play poker with him on Tuesdays, and he's told me they have a meth problem.

I call the school, they give me a no comment, so the story stays underground. Once rumors start popping up about Seaton, I go onto the radio show and say "I've been working on this since December" and I know all about whatever it is, but "People can talk about  this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which I spent a long time trying to do."

See how scummy that reads?

Your analogy might work if there were also screen shots sent out to every major news outlet of the kids doing what appears to be meth.  Look, if you have one source, its reliable, and you trust it not just about its integrity but also with its knowledge of the situation, then you have a video out there of it (allegedly) and screen shots that seem to depict exactly what the person told you... well I think it is OK to mention it.   

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 03:35:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
The video and the screen shots only started circulating in earnest earlier this week, but  the "whispers" have been around longer than that. That's sort of the point to the analogy.

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
But Adam Schefter didn't leak the rumors, not that I know of anyway, why is he the scumbag?  You have two potential scumbags, the one who apparently laid out a woman in a walmart and an extortionist who I hope gets charged as an accomplice.

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 03:49:35 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Sorry wrong topic.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 03:58:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
But Adam Schefter didn't leak the rumors, not that I know of anyway, why is he the scumbag?  You have two potential scumbags, the one who apparently laid out a woman in a walmart and an extortionist who I hope gets charged as an accomplice.

Here's a well-written piece explaining why the whole thing is shady (and why Schefter is being a scumbag by talking about a video he admits he hasn't seen):

For a completely unsubstantiated rumor, this thing has legs. Mike Florio claims that NFL insiders have heard about the video for months. Adam Schefter says he's been working the story since September, and knows what's on the supposed video (despite not having seen it). Cowboys COO Stephen Jones denies that the team knows anything about the video.

The video is reportedly for sale to the highest bidder, or, alternately, being used to extort Bryant. To that we would add: to anyone in possession of the video, email us at Deadspin, and perhaps we will pay you money for the video.

We have been approached by multiple tipsters claiming to know what the video shows, and there are at least three conflicting versions. Notably, of all the people who have offered descriptions of what's on the tape, not one claims to have actually seen it. There's more than a hint of urban legend here.

One person claims to have heard the audio, which he says has "been floating around the celebrity hacking/trading communities of the dark web for a couple of months." Another cites his "source at Bristol." Yet another demanded that we pay him just to tell us what was on the video. (Technically, he claimed, what was on two separate Bryant videos.)

There is a subrumor going around that screenshots of the video have been sent out. But none of those screenshots have surfaced, and no one in the media we've spoken to has seen any alleged images.
http://deadspin.com/if-the-dez-bryant-video-exists-well-buy-it-1688021515

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah it's very odd to me that no one is leaking the screenshots or even what the video is supposed to depict.  I understand why ESPN employees wouldn't do it, but there are a lot of sites that would never pay for the tape but would get a major boost in traffic by being the first to reveal something substantive about it.

Not to bring politics into it, but the whole thing kind of reminds me of the run-up to the 2008 election, where a lot of right-wing media sources were claiming there was a video of Michelle Obama making racist statements about "Whitey".  It was sworn up and down for months that it was real, was coming out soon, would be a game-changer, etc.  Of course nothing of the sort ever emerged.   

On the other hand, it could be more like the Rob Ford crack-smoking video, where lots of people swore it existed, and it actually did.  But it just seems very sketchy, especially given the timing.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So if it's 5 times as bad that means a ten game suspension right?