Author Topic: Supposed Dez Bryant video to be released - "5 times worse then Ray Rice"  (Read 13572 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Supposed Dez Bryant video to be released - "5 times worse then Ray Rice"
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The source's website:

http://terezowens.com/dez-bryant-scandalous-video-to-be-released/

Meanwhile:
“I don’t even know that the tape exists,” Florio said of the video. “That’s just the chatter … that there’s video of some incident that the Cowboys are afraid is going to come out and have a Ray Rice-type impact on Dez Bryant over the longhaul.”

Florio continued to question the existence of the video.

“It may be an urban legend. But people think that’s what’s keeping the Cowboys from making the long-term commitment to him. I don’t know that that exists, I just know that’s the chatter.”

http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 02:47:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Read something about that a day or two ago on Barstool. 

"5 times worse then Ray Rice" has to be pretty darn bad.    If true, this thing will blow up as a story real quick. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The thing is that this rumor has circulated for days, and noone can find the video (or anyone who's seen it). Meh.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm not holding my breath.
BTW, if something like this does come out in the next day or so, I fully expect the NFL to release the Wells' deflategate report by the end of the week. Yes, I'm that cynical of the NFL.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I have it on good authority that they're actually understating this - the video is actually as bad as Ray Rice squared, which works out to several additional Ray Rices.

...In all seriousness this sounds both terrible and like the sort of thing somebody trying to smear an athlete would say.  So wait and see. 

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The thing is that this rumor has circulated for days, and noone can find the video (or anyone who's seen it). Meh.
Yeah whole thing seems like bs.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
In my estimation (for whatever that's worth), the Cowboys are lowballing Bryant as well as publicly denying rumors of a tape that no one can find -- in the process they're making sure everyone knows about it -- so his value around the league doesn't approximate his proper worth on the field, and more or less coercing him to actually play out his franchised year because of a damaged reputation: it's not exactly a secret that he's got some "red flags" around his character, which is totally stupid but also totally true.

The Cowboys want to franchise him or pay him a pittiance, they want him to actually play next season instead of sitting out, and they don't want another team sweeping in with a massive offer.

You'll notice that exactly none of that has any bearing on whether or not the tape actually exists, or what's on the tape, or anything to do with Dez Bryant as a human being. This is, imo, how the Cowboys are most likely to operate.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
If someone has a video out there, that bad, it would have to be something criminal and by not releasing it and apparently holding it over Bryant's head, thus blackmailing him as well as covering up a crime, I hope the person who has the video also gets some time.

This sounds like a shake down, but then again I'm pretty sure there is actually a video out there and this guy is just trying to get paid.  I don't think I've ever seen something like this get this far without there actually being substance to the story.

Dez seems to acknowledge he has done some things in the past and blames his upbringing so...  stay tuned I guess.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 04:25:24 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
I'm trying to think of things five times worse than the Ray Rice video. The most obvious of course would be Dez knocking out five women in an elevator.  You'd have to wonder about the fifth one though...

Or, maybe he knocked a dog out in an elevator.  Vick went to federal prison, Rice never did a day  in jail, so that is at least five times worse.

Or maybe he let some air out of the Patriot's footballs, that is definitely five times worse.  You didn't see the NFL hire Wells to check out Rice.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
If someone has a video out there, that bad, it would have to be something criminal and by not releasing it and apparently holding it over Bryant's head, thus blackmailing him as well as covering up a crime, I hope the person who has the video also gets some time.

This sounds like a shake down, but then again I'm pretty sure there is actually a video out there and this guy is just trying to get paid.  I don't think I've ever seen something like this get this far without there actually being substance to the story.

Dez seems to acknowledge he has done some things in the past and blames his upbringing so...  stay tuned I guess.

not unless it was a video of an incident Bryant had already been arrested for and the legal system had already ruled on.

Which I believe was the case of the Ray Rice video.
Greg

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 05:40:09 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell

not unless it was a video of an incident Bryant had already been arrested for and the legal system had already ruled on.

The resolution of that case came well after the videos were out there.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

actually, youre wrong.

"May 1: Rice rejects plea deal, applies for pretrial intervention program

Rice rejected a plea offer that would have spared the running back jail time in exchange for completing probation and undergoing anger management. Instead, he pleaded not guilty and applied for a program for first-time offenders that could clear him of charges in as few as six months. The program would require Rice to stay out of trouble and attend regular counseling.

May 21: Rice accepted into pretrial intervention program

Prosecutors allowed Rice to go into the program rather than take the case to trial. Under the terms of the deal, if Rice completes a 12-month program and stays out of trouble, the case will not show up on his record. The program is typically used for crimes that don't involve violence and "victimless crimes." A report from Outside the Lines in September revealed that the pretrial intervention program was granted in less than one percent of all domestic violence cases in New Jersey between 2010-2013.

Sept. 8: Video surfaces of Rice punching wife in the face"

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/23/5744964/ray-rice-arrest-assault-statement-apology-ravens
Greg

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25

actually, youre wrong.

Rice rejected a plea offer that would have spared the running back jail time in exchange for completing probation and undergoing anger management. Instead, he pleaded not guilty and applied for a program for first-time offenders that could clear him of charges in as few as six months. The program would require Rice to stay out of trouble and attend regular counseling.

Prosecutors allowed Rice to go into the program rather than take the case to trial. Under the terms of the deal, if Rice completes a 12-month program and stays out of trouble, the case will not show up on his record. The program is typically used for crimes that don't involve violence and "victimless crimes." A report from Outside the Lines in September revealed that the pretrial intervention program was granted in less than one percent of all domestic violence cases in New Jersey between 2010-2013.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/23/5744964/ray-rice-arrest-assault-statement-apology-ravens

the police had the video the whole time, it just didn't make it to the public until September.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 07:12:09 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

actually, youre wrong.

the police had the video the whole time, it just didn't make it to the public until September.

Ok, fair enough, I stand corrected.  TP

Greg