Author Topic: Free agent bigs 2015  (Read 9551 times)

Re: Free agent bigs 2015
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 05:05:01 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Robin Lopez.

Would love to have him.

Would you love to had him if you had to make him the highest-paid Lopez in the league by a few million in order to get him to leave Portland?

How much better is Robin then Zeller? Tyler is the better overall offensive play and comparable rebounder. Lopez is a superior defender but is his superiority at a level to warrant the $$?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Robin Lopez.

Would love to have him.

Would you love to had him if you had to make him the highest-paid Lopez in the league by a few million in order to get him to leave Portland?

You mean more than $15 million per year? Of course not, who's going to pay Robin that much money? Brook got his because of his offensive potential. Robin didn't have that ceiling, but he's a solid Center to have. Has size, young (27 years old), good interior defender, solid finisher and a good free throw shooter, I'd say $9 - $11 per year million wouldn't be as bad. That's an overpay, but one I don't think we'll regret, seeming as the cap will grow next year, and we'll have a very solid Center with him on board.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Good point on Biyombo, he is basically a 7 footer with that wingspan. He may not be great on offense, but he could be what we need in defense - he really blocks shots.

Thompson isn't an upgrade over Bass, just a possible younger replacement. If he commands more than $10 mil, I don't want him.
Biyombo would be a good pickup. I hope we draft 2 bigs too. I think Turner/Crowder can handle the wing. I hope Bass comes back too. 
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Looking at the draft express page with the combine measurements -

Two guys that might could be had cheap are Kyle OQuinn and Jeremy Tyler. Both have good wingspan and vertical jumps.

They prob won't have the breakout season that Whiteside had this year, but certainly worth looking into.   

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Of course this December article thinks O'Quinn might command a decent amount:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-sacramento-kings-1207-20141206-story.html

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Looking at the draft express page with the combine measurements -

Two guys that might could be had cheap are Kyle OQuinn and Jeremy Tyler. Both have good wingspan and vertical jumps.

They prob won't have the breakout season that Whiteside had this year, but certainly worth looking into.

I'd pass on Tyler. Was high on him but he had more than enough chances to show what he can do and can safely say that he's nothing more than a 4th big at best.

Don't know much about O'quinn.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 07:04:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I want Tobias Harris way too much.

I have a friend who is an obsessive Magic fan and he said that if the Magic pay him $10M per, that is way too much. I corrected him and mentioned that he will probably get paid a good deal more than that and he felt bad for any team that wastes the money on him. Obviously he may be exaggerating and he may not be the best analyzer of how good Harris is, but he watches every Magic game and isn't particularly impressed.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As for our potential future man in the middle, I like the idea of grabbing somebody in that $10M range so that we can still have max money for a potential go-to player (I don't care what position he plays). Robin Lopez would make a lot of sense, but I don't know why he would be in a rush to leave Portland.

A guy like Biyombo would be interesting on the team just because he gives us something we totally lack - athleticism, length, and someone who can block shots. He may not be our starter, but he would get minutes. He also should require a good deal less than the $10M number I was aiming for.

But in the end, I would like to go all-in for Cousins and if that fails, try to lure DeAndre Jordan over to Boston. Unfortunately he has stated that he doesn't know why anybody would live in a cold weather city, but defensively we would be set for years to come.

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The only realistic targets I see are Greg Monroe and Roy Hibbert.

One can only hope that Danny doesn't sign Hibbert.

Fixed.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 07:12:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I have no interest in someone like Biyombo or Noel (referring to the Noel post.)

I'd prefer to have a big who can rebound AND score.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 07:13:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I have a friend who is an obsessive Magic fan and he said that if the Magic pay him $10M per, that is way too much. I corrected him and mentioned that he will probably get paid a good deal more than that and he felt bad for any team that wastes the money on him. Obviously he may be exaggerating and he may not be the best analyzer of how good Harris is, but he watches every Magic game and isn't particularly impressed.

Harris is rumored to want $12-14m.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
As for our potential future man in the middle, I like the idea of grabbing somebody in that $10M range so that we can still have max money for a potential go-to player (I don't care what position he plays). Robin Lopez would make a lot of sense, but I don't know why he would be in a rush to leave Portland.

I think Portland isn't giving RoLo the max, so he might be gettable if you are willing to pay more than Portland is willing to give him.  He should be asking for more than Gortat money to go to a new team.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Robin Lopez.

Would love to have him.

I wouldn't mind him either.

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Kevin Love, after Cleveland implodes.

I wish.

But I don't think Cleveland implodes and if they did, he would probably go to the Lakers.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Wouldn't mind him either.

Turner is AT BEST a backup at the 3 position.