Author Topic: Draft day idea  (Read 1515 times)

Draft day idea
« on: February 23, 2015, 08:27:49 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Let's assume the current standings, are how the draft lottery pans out. If we offered Philadelphia both the 1st rounders due to us (late lottery, late 1st from Clippers) our 2nd rounder, and their 2nd, could we get them to use their pick to select Karl Towns, or Okafor for us? They already have Noel and Embiid, and they would be looking at turning 1 pick into 4 prospects, of which they could grab a project or a draft and stash type player.
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: Draft day idea
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:03:19 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
That isn't nearly enough to trade up for a top 3 pick.  Philly is looking for star players to build around and they are not going to get that with a late lottery, late 1st and a couple 2nd rounders.  They would most likely take Mudiay or Russell with a top 3 pick. 

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Even Kevin Costner couldn't get that done.  I think it would take at least one, possibly two, of the Celts/Nets picks for Philly even to talk to us.

BTW, cool fact in your siggie.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Absolutely no way. The Sixers have organized their entire organizational strategy around getting a franchise player. They don't yet have one, so why on earth would they give up their best chance at it so far?

I think it's far more likely that if they get Okafor or Towns, someone might be able to pry Noel or Embiid away from them. But even there, (a) they'd need to get an All-Star caliber PG/SG/SF prospect in return and we have none of those, and (b) PHL would do well to wait to see how Okafor/Towns pans out, as well as whether Embiid shows potential. I think the earliest any of those guys get moved is 2016.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think you may get Noel for that price or the 5th overall depending on how draft works out but not Towns, Okafor, Russel or Mudiay. Say Philly drafts 5 and takes Stanley Johnson. C's take Mario or Porzingis at 9 then Clippers pick Portis, Lyles or Woods. That right there is already close IMO. Add Both 2nds the Philly and C's and that may be Upshaw/D.Johnson, and Rashad Vaughn

ex.
 S.Johnson/Noel for Mario, Woods, Upshaw and Vaughn. That is a big haul for either player

Philly however like I said isn't trading a top 4 pick.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:35:50 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
While I don't think we will be able to trade up into the top 3, I think we can and will move up a couple spots if we end up drafting in the 6-8 range to get one of the top talents.

We simply have too many picks to use so I would be shocked if we don't package them to move up.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19