Poll

Who should Tayshaun be mad at (if anybody)?

Van Gundy
3 (5.4%)
Ainge/Cs
2 (3.6%)
both of the above
1 (1.8%)
himself
16 (28.6%)
nobody
30 (53.6%)
his agent
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: POLL: Van Gundy blames Cs/Ainge for Prince being mad. Who should he be mad at?  (Read 7677 times)

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Master of panic said what??
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Ainge's first priority is to do what's in the best interest of the team, not a player.  Ainge probably didn't promise him anything unless if he made it through the deadline without being traded.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I voted 'himself' and I disagree vehemently on those who voted 'nobody'. You cant tell him not to be mad at nobody because he is already mad. He had some control in this matter therefore if he is going to be mad he should be mad at himself for taking the money and sulking. Give up the money and walk away. It is still a free country.

Finally, I am sick and tired about these players that want to dictate both the money they make and the team they play for. Suck it up and play for the team that PAYS you.

Online Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
oh man. Ugly

Ultimately this is SVG and pistons fault for getting greedy

Now if Prince wants to be bought out he needs to give 100 percent refund for the remaining for the season to the Pistons.

Or don't complain

The Pistons were "getting greedy"?  What?  How does that make any sense?  They're paying Prince MORE money than they were Jerebko/Datome.

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
We'll take those expirings, suckers...
"Yoink"

:)
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't blame DA one bit. It was trade him or let him go and most likely to the Clips, which would have helped them and not us.

Plus it lightens up the pay roll a bit!

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
I'm really sick of this. With so much hungry children all around the world are we supposed to be sorry for a guy who makes 7,7 million because his team is not contender. I must choose my words here...if i type what i really mean i would probably be suspended for life. Tayshaun and SVG- shut up. Ainge works for C's and not for Prince. Prince won a ring. He's still young enough to play 3-4 years for minimum for some contender.
This isn't a sucker move from C's. He was here...what...a month?
Sucker move was when Hawks traded Nique to Clippers after 12 years and with Hawks in a first place in Jordan's first baseball season.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I understand why SVG said, what he said. He is making a preemptive strike, so that the agent can't sell his story, that someone ran away from a promise to Prince.

But it was well known, that Prince was seeking a buyout from Boston (it's been written several times on Celticsblog), so Detroit really can't have been unaware of this.

Furthermore it can't surprise Prince or his agent, that Detroit wants to keep him. They are fighting for a playoff spot, and they have given up Singler and Jerebko. Why would they let him leave. Besides he really is a great fit for them, if he isn't too angry to play for them.

All in all Prince should blame himself for not thinking this through. Did he he believe that Detroit would buy him out "for old times' sake"?

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
some good points made
and a few tp given out while reading
also like to add that its in celtics best interest to trade prince and not let him be a buyout and sign where he wants mainly clippers or places where we have a vested interest due to draft picks etc
detroit won't win it all but i see prince helping them nicely for a playoff push

ps i like jerebko

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The celtics have zero obligation to trade veterans to championship contending teams. Especially veterans who were only on the team for like 2 months.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Spears:

The Celtics reneged on a promise to buy out Tayshaun Prince by trading him to Detroit, a source said. The Clippers had to be disappointed.

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Spears:

The Celtics reneged on a promise to buy out Tayshaun Prince by trading him to Detroit, a source said. The Clippers had to be disappointed.

guess that's the difference between a contract & a promise.  nice move by Ainge to get this done quickly while Prince's agent was in the weeds. 
I have a feeling Jerebko is going to fit in nicely to the CBS system. 

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Great move by Ainge.  He got Jerebko for free.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I voted 'himself' and I disagree vehemently on those who voted 'nobody'. You cant tell him not to be mad at nobody because he is already mad. He had some control in this matter therefore if he is going to be mad he should be mad at himself for taking the money and sulking. Give up the money and walk away. It is still a free country.

Finally, I am sick and tired about these players that want to dictate both the money they make and the team they play for. Suck it up and play for the team that PAYS you.

If, as you say, he has some control in this matter, then he should have control over whether or not he should be mad, no??

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Spears:

I don't buy this unless you add a "unless traded" condition to it.  Why would you wait until after the trade deadline to buy him out if you weren't going to try and trade him.  We bought out Nate Robinson that day after he was traded to us.  Everyone knew we were trying to trade him; player, agent, everyone.  Did Prince think he was going to be traded to a team that was going to buy him out?  Or was he only going to be happy if he got traded to the Warriors or Cavs?  It makes no sense to me that Prince's feathers are ruffled by this.

I don't think Ainge did anything wrong by Prince and if I was Detroit, I would expect him to play and help them make the playoffs.  Who knows, they might get Atlanta or Toronto in the first round and those are two beatable teams.  It could be a really fun run.