Author Topic: Larry Sanders officially bought out  (Read 4711 times)

Larry Sanders officially bought out
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Should the Celtics pick him up?

Re: Larry Sanders officially bought out
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I think he's got to show that he's stable before sitting up for any team at this point.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:22:03 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow.  Sanders left around $22 million on the table, according to Woj.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I would take a gamble on it this year, but don't know if he is going to play . NBA needs to take Marijuana off their testing list, about 80% of the players smoke .

I wouldn't sign him to a big contract or anything this off-season . But maybe a turner like 2 year 5 mil deal.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Wow.  Sanders left around $22 million on the table, according to Woj.

He must really be unstable, I would stay home and let people talk about me like a dog before I give up 22m willingly! That or he really wants to play and the Bucks didn't want him out there.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:20:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Umm....man ....that an't pocket change

I could do a lot of worse things than play ball for 22 m

Or he is going to wake up and realize what he did .....then he will be nuts

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He needs money Danny !

A few mil and a shrink and we re in the play offs .....go Danny go!

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This is what. Bill from Boston(Simmons?) on RealGM  says about Sanders need for relationships:

He didn't have a great deal of life experience coming out of VMU - his mother stayed with him his first couple of seasons in MIL. For all of his gregsriousness, he is very emotional and needs that support structure to find his equilibrium.

I think he has really struggled with the scrutiny and professional aspects of the NBA lifestyle, which were made harder due to the circumstances surrounding his early career environments. He's basically separated what makes him happy - friends and family - from his employment, the two have had virtually no overlap.

If he does come back to the game, it'll be in a situation that has a better work/life balance than before. Atmosphere is extremely important for him to be at his best.

And another very respected poster, Elrod Enchilada:

absolutely sign him for the rest of the season if you can. nothing to lose. If BfB's intelligence is good, Brad and Danny are exactly what the doctor ordered for this young man.

I agree.

And maybe we have a leg up on Sanders with Stevens.

Stevens is very familiar with Sanders from his years at Butler. Stevensis close with Sanders' VCU coach, Shaka Smart who has taken his VCU team to Washington to see and support Sanders playing against the Wiz.

Gotta take a flyer on this guy as many have suggested. Hell, just build the relationship this year for small $$$. From what BfB says, that's the most important thing for this kid. The dividends will come next year.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 08:41:54 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
For Larrys sake, I kind of hope he takes the time he needs to feel right and happy before even dribbling a basketball again.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yeah man... can't imagine him giving up 22 million just to switch basketball teams.  Will be surprised to see him play basketball anytime soon.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i remember when dave cowens quit the celtics to drive a cab for a few days. different people react differently to the pressure of the nba.

sanders has a real talent and will be available for little cost. if he indeed needs structure, guidance, mentoring i think CBS and the celtics are a great team for him.

sign him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Jeff Zillgitt ?@JeffZillgitt
Positive step for Larry Sanders, who has hurdles: Was cleared to play by NBA & was in full compliance w/NBA's anti-drug policy, I'm told.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
i remember when dave cowens quit the celtics to drive a cab for a few days. different people react differently to the pressure of the nba.

True, but Cowens reached the pinnacle of NBA success twice, one can't say that of Mr. Sanders.   I think winning it all makes even more pressure on a guy.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Time away may help this dude. After that, bring him in!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 12:28:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
low-risk (if we can sign him for the minimum) and potentially high-reward. i think he has tremendous defensive talent and if he's able to fix things in his personal life, he'll be a steal. i'd sign him on a 2-year minimum (is that possible?) and then let him sit out the rest of the season if he wants, and start over fresh with a new training camp next year.

at worst, it'll be like signing an injured greg oden.
- LilRip