Author Topic: WCS has to be the pick?  (Read 4511 times)

Re: WCS has to be the pick?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If the C's can pick up Willie Cauley-Stein any time after pick #5 then you gotta take him. He is the best defensive player on the board at that point and has an upside of better than Marcus Camby as a pro. He has a couple of DPOY awards already won, IMHO. After Okafor, Towns, Johnson and Mudiay I think he has to be BPA.
Even with how many guards we have I would still select D'Angelo Russell before WCS.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
WCS would help Sully a lot because of his defensive range.  He also can score without the ball and is not a guy who is going to be a huge post up threat.   But surround him with shooters, he will get second shot opportunities.   He can also run so if we ever go with a running time he can fill the lanes.

I do not think he fits CBS offense that well because he likes bigs who can spread the floor with their shooting but Sully does poorly in that regard as well.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
WCS would help Sully a lot because of his defensive range.  He also can score without the ball and is not a guy who is going to be a huge post up threat.   But surround him with shooters, he will get second shot opportunities.   He can also run so if we ever go with a running time he can fill the lanes.

I do not think he fits CBS offense that well because he likes bigs who can spread the floor with their shooting but Sully does poorly in that regard as well.

I do not disagree with what you are saying, but how do you find an athletic, defensive center that also has range? It seems like you need to sway at least one direction and if one of Sully/KO is really our future, then a guy like WCS/DeAndre Jordan seems ideal.