Author Topic: Rondo vs Thomas  (Read 20610 times)

Re: Rondo vs Thomas
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Call me bitter if you want.

But I didn't join the Blog in Oct 09 to make friends. If I've became close to some posters like I have over the years, then great.

But I can honestly say that I've never compromised when it came to my feelings.

Good thing you didn't join to make friends.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

But I didn't join the Blog in Oct 09 to make friends. If I've became close to some posters like I have over the years, then great.

Meaning? Speak your mind...don't be afraid.

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2015, 10:29:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Allow me to be Crystal Clear to you and everyone else - if some here are looking at me to jump on the Rondo Hate Train, keep waiting.

Just because someone don't "Go Along To Get Along" - doesn't mean that they don't Bleed Green.

If people here want me to jump on the Rondo Hate Train to make piece and get Tommy Points? Well the Cold War has started.

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2015, 10:31:11 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Afraid of what??...it's a basketball message board.  All this talk about bitterness and making friends, you are acting like Dr Phil.  Relax...it's almost the weekend and the Celtics have an exciting PG to watch.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

Allow me to be Crystal Clear to you and everyone else - if some here are looking at me to jump on the Rondo Hate Train, keep waiting.

Just because someone don't "Go Along To Get Along" - doesn't mean that they don't Bleed Green.

If people here want me to jump on the Rondo Hate Train to make piece and get Tommy Points? Well the Cold War has started.

I can't speak for all the people here, but I don't think anyone cares what train you jump on or off.   

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Afraid of what??...it's a basketball message board.  All this talk about bitterness and making friends, you are acting like Dr Phil.  Relax...it's almost the weekend and the Celtics have an exciting PG to watch.

lol, smh - then perhaps you should tell Chris22 that.

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:03 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

lol, smh - then perhaps you should tell Chris22 that.

I don't want to get in the middle of you two. 

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2015, 11:13:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
mods, this thread has completely jumped the tracks and now contains nothing beyond petty insults and personal affronts.

any chance you could lock it down and thereby lock down some of the venom?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2015, 11:22:08 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Ummm...Rondo is a starting point guard and Thomas is a back up point guard?

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2015, 11:23:28 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
mods, this thread has completely jumped the tracks and now contains nothing beyond petty insults and personal affronts.

any chance you could lock it down and thereby lock down some of the venom?

Sorry that you took any of it so seriously.  I can't speak for everyone, but the back-and-forth comments were more sarcastic/silly than venomous.

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2015, 11:44:50 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
Thomas is exactly the type of pg this group needs. 

Thomas on the other hand would of not been the ideal pg for the 2008-2010 Celtics squad.

Everything has worked out for the best.  It's too bad , rumor was we could of had Thomas, Mclemore and a 1st last season for Rondo, then could of possibly signed him as a FA in the offseason without giving up a 1st . A little more expensive route to get him also we have one of the best bargain contracts in the league.  Thank you RM

I can't stop watching the last two plays from yesterdays game to seal the deal .  It's been a long time since we had a guy that made consecutive plays like with less than 2 minutes to go. Maybe Pierce? 

Isaiah kind of reminds me of a smaller Pierce at times.  Those step back mid range jumpers are definitely Pierce like.

Here is an attempt to get the thread back on track.

triboy makes a very good point. Rondo was perfect fit with the Big 3.  I don't think that IT has the passing ability that was needed for that team. On the flip side, I think IT is a perfect fit for the C's now because he is a scorer and there is a greater emphasis on the 3pt shot.

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2015, 12:32:16 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Ummm...Rondo is a starting point guard and Thomas is a back up point guard?
John Havlicek was off the bench too

(Not that IT is as good as Hondo, obviously. But you get my point)
I trust Danny Ainge