Author Topic: Rondo vs Thomas  (Read 20613 times)

Re: Rondo vs Thomas
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Remember all the wailing and gnashing of teeth when Rondo was traded.

Thomas is better. Much better.

Keep telling yourself that......you'll believe it eventually.

At this stage in their careers, IT is better overall player than Rondo and it's not even close.  You can't act like IT's performance so far is an outlier.  The guy has been putting up good numbers for a couple years now.  It's crystal clear that IT is on his way up and Rondo is getting worse.

The interesting thing is that many of us here couldn't even spell "IT", lol....didn't follow him before the trade.....and now, after 3 games (one this evening vs the World Beater Knicks) IT is now the greatest thing since peanut butter.

That's what happens when you get an exciting, explosive player in a Celtics uniform. 
I can't say that I watched a ton of Suns or Kings games but I was aware of IT.  As I said before, it's not like he's Jerebko and is putting up good numbers unexpectedly. He's been good for a few years now so it's not a surprise.  What is surprising is how he does it.   He's a flashy player so his style will generate a lot of buzz.  And that's not a bad thing.

And flies hovering around my head in the summer "Buzz", too....and they are annoying.

And they are fleeting. There one min - gone the next. A flash in the wind.

Are you saying that what IT is doing is a fluke?  Check his career stats...he's definitely not a one hit wonder. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 06:05:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

At this stage in their careers, IT is better overall player than Rondo and it's not even close.  You can't act like IT's performance so far is an outlier.  The guy has been putting up good numbers for a couple years now.  It's crystal clear that IT is on his way up and Rondo is getting worse.

The interesting thing is that many of us here couldn't even spell "IT", lol....didn't follow him before the trade.....and now, after 3 games (one this evening vs the World Beater Knicks) IT is now the greatest thing since peanut butter.

That's what happens when you get an exciting, explosive player in a Celtics uniform. 
I can't say that I watched a ton of Suns or Kings games but I was aware of IT.  As I said before, it's not like he's Jerebko and is putting up good numbers unexpectedly. He's been good for a few years now so it's not a surprise.  What is surprising is how he does it.   He's a flashy player so his style will generate a lot of buzz.  And that's not a bad thing.

And flies hovering around my head in the summer "Buzz", too....and they are annoying.

Are you saying that what IT is doing is a fluke?  Check his career stats...he's definitely not a one hit wonder.

And Danny will flip him for a bag of Doritos - just ask Rondo.

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

If he plays like Rondo and looks for a max contract, then you are correct....Danny will do the right thing and flip him.  Do you regret trading Pierce and KG too?  Danny is doing what is best for the Celtics. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Look, I like IT a LOT, but he can't carry Rondo's gym bag yet.

Hit the gym, fella...that is a HEAVY gym bag full of accomplishments.....Rondo's got a trophy, several defensive team awards and several ASG's in that bag.
And yet, over the next 3 years I'd much rather have Isaiah Thomas than Rajon Rondo.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Hit the gym, fella...that is a HEAVY gym bag full of accomplishments.....Rondo's got a trophy, several defensive team awards and several ASG's in that bag.
And yet, over the next 3 years I'd much rather have Isaiah Thomas than Rajon Rondo.

Good.

Don't get too attached to him, if I were you.

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

If he plays like Rondo and looks for a max contract, then you are correct....Danny will do the right thing and flip him.  Do you regret trading Pierce and KG too?  Danny is doing what is best for the Celtics.

And if/once he flips IT, then what?

Let me guess.....MORE DRAFT PICKS..

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2015, 06:26:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Good.

Don't get too attached to him, if I were you.
I have no problem with Isaiah Thomas getting traded for someone who I'd rather have instead of Isaiah Thomas, either. Does that qualify as not being attached? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Someone is still bitter about the Rondo trade.

Awww....

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 06:34:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Awww....

...And someone is as obtuse as ever, LOL.

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2015, 06:36:12 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Awww....

Thanks for proving my point.

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Awww....

The only thing you've proven is that your mostly Trollish posts are vague and difficult to follow.

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2015, 06:39:12 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Awww....

The only thing you've proven is that your mostly Trollish posts are vague and difficult to follow.

My apologies.

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Call me bitter if you want.

But I didn't join the Blog in Oct 09 to make friends. If I've became close to some posters like I have over the years, then great.

But I can honestly say that I've never compromised when it came to my feelings.

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Awww....

My apologies.

Apology accepted.

But I won't ever bend in my regards to Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2015, 10:20:53 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum

And if/once he flips IT, then what?

Let me guess.....MORE DRAFT PICKS..

Draft picks > aging players with big salary cap hits