Author Topic: Celtics (20-31) at Kings (18-34) Game #52 2/20/15  (Read 49709 times)

Re: Celtics (20-31) at Kings (18-34) Game #52 2/20/15
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2015, 12:49:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Missed the game for my brother's wedding. How'd everyone look tonight? Looks like Smart's stat line was pretty good outside of his shooting percentage.

Zeller and AB were good .

Kings cheated ....pulled Andrea Miller out their rear end....willy old vet led them to a victory...without him ...they might not have won...... ::)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:55:03 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2015, 12:53:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kolon   .... ???

New player from Detroit trade? ???

« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2015, 01:46:02 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Evan Turner giveth...and Evan Turner taketh away.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2015, 09:11:24 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Evan Turner giveth...and Evan Turner taketh away.

It's so frustrating. He has no discipline. If he would just play within himself, he'd be a great value. Instead, he is a major headache. I just expect him to turnover the ball every time now.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Phil Pressey I hope you get cut tonight. Don't even get on the bus son.

Yeah.....and hopp a ship to China while your out west
His appearance killed their momentum.  I think he took at least 5 shots and made one.  No offensive continuity because he was always looking to shoot.  And this was as the Kings were going on a run. He was just awful.

« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

His appearance killed their momentum.  I think he took at least 5 shots and made one.  No offensive continuity because he was always looking to shoot.  And this was as the Kings were going on a run. He was just awful.
pressey played 5:31 minutes total. to somehow hang the defeat on pressey seems over the top. the celtics had a total of 10 players dressed to play and CBS couldnt and shouldnt play smart 40+ minutes.

is anyone surprised that the end of the bench of a bad team is, well....very bad?

and by the way, pressey shot 1-5, 33%. smart shot 3-15, 33%. if you are doing to bemoan pressey's shooting, throw smart into your teeth gnash-fest as well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2015, 10:16:13 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

pressey played 5:31 minutes total. to somehow hang the defeat on pressey seems over the top. the celtics had a total of 10 players dressed to play and CBS couldnt and shouldnt play smart 40+ minutes.

is anyone surprised that the end of the bench of a bad team is, well....very bad?

and by the way, pressey shot 1-5, 33%. smart shot 3-15, 33%. if you are doing to bemoan pressey's shooting, throw smart into your teeth gnash-fest as well.
I'm certainly not hanging the defeat on Pressey, but over the past several weeks, when he has played, he has consistently looked to shoot first - and he just cannot shoot.  It's almost like he's trying to audition for his next NBA job (actually he probably is) but I just cannot stand when players who can't shoot, look to shoot at the expense of what they're supposed to be doing on the court, which is settling the team down and getting the ball moving so the team can regain their lost continuity - especially with Sacramento making a run.  No surprise he didn't go back in.

« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

I'm certainly not hanging the defeat on Pressey, but over the past several weeks, when he has played, he has consistently looked to shoot first - and he just cannot shoot.  It's almost like he's trying to audition for his next NBA job (actually he probably is) but I just cannot stand when players who can't shoot, look to shoot at the expense of what they're supposed to be doing on the court, which is settling the team down and getting the ball moving so the team can regain their lost continuity - especially with Sacramento making a run.  No surprise he didn't go back in.

I agree. The only defense I will give him is the lineup he was expected to lead. When a coach gives you Wallace and Crowder at pf and center, he is setting you up to fail.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

pressey played 5:31 minutes total. to somehow hang the defeat on pressey seems over the top.

In that 5:31, Pressey's +\- was -15. 

Mike

« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2015, 12:25:32 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

pressey played 5:31 minutes total. to somehow hang the defeat on pressey seems over the top.

Mike

Amazingly Gerald Wallace was -18 playing center during that same 6 minute stretch.

Larry Bird

« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2015, 12:41:58 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Mike

Amazingly Gerald Wallace was -18 playing center during that same 6 minute stretch.
We need to gives those guys more minutes a pick 7-9 would be great.

« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Mike

We need to gives those guys more minutes a pick 7-9 would be great.
ha, ha... good one. yes, in every cloud there lurks a silver lining.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

good observation. usually i do not mind pressey all that much since he passes very well, hustles, and keeps the celtics moving at a quick pace. all this also partly hid his shooting, which is a clear and obvious and painful weak point.

why he decided to change into more of a shooter is odd...unless CBS is telling him to shoot more?

i dont know. :P
- Vandana Shiva