Author Topic: Sixers claim Thomas Robinson  (Read 2843 times)

Sixers claim Thomas Robinson
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Nuggets and Thomas Robinson have verbally agreed to a buyout, according to ESPN's Jeff Goodman.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:04:55 PM by crownontherocks »

Re: Nuggets and Thomas Robinson have verbally agreed to a buyout
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Thomas Robinson has reached an agreement with the Nets, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Wojo

Re: Thomas Robinson signs with nets
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Well, I highly doubt Robinson ever turns into a difference maker this is the worst possible outcome for this situation for the celtics. With us desperately needing size, it would have seemed the perfect time to take a flier on a relatively young big man that was a lottery pick not too long ago. If by some miracle he somehow does figure it out, he becomes a serviceable cheap frontcourt player for a team we own the draft picks of. Lose lose

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Well, I highly doubt Robinson ever turns into a difference maker this is the worst possible outcome for this situation for the celtics. With us desperately needing size, it would have seemed the perfect time to take a flier on a relatively young big man that was a lottery pick not too long ago. If by some miracle he somehow does figure it out, he becomes a serviceable cheap frontcourt player for a team we own the draft picks of. Lose lose

If he becomes at least serviceable the Nets may not offer anything more than a minimum contract this offseason considering their cap situation, and would probably lose him.  I think Thad Young will probably opt out and won't be back either. 

When Pierce left that seemed like the beginning of cost cutting mode.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Well, looks like this thread got Hinkied:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236806/76ers-Claim-Thomas-Robinson-On-Waivers

Yup not so fast. With the 76ers getting rid of all their players to sign DLeague level talent, it seems odd to me that they would ruin Robinsons Brooklyn plans in order to sign him.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Well, looks like this thread got Hinkied:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236806/76ers-Claim-Thomas-Robinson-On-Waivers

Yup not so fast. With the 76ers getting rid of all their players to sign DLeague level talent, it seems odd to me that they would ruin Robinsons Brooklyn plans in order to sign him.

Puts em over the salary floor.  Plus they've got lots of low-stakes minutes to throw around.

Re: Sixers claim Thomas Robinson
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
And Thomas Robinson's nightmare carousel of NBA teams continues.

Poor guy, still don't know what situation would have been right for him but I doubt he'll find his home in Philly unless they actually stop trying to lose.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Debbie Downer skit...
"I thought I was going to the Nets but then I got claimed by the Sixers."  Bwah, bwah. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:07:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Frankly, I'm glad to see this.  I'm not a fan of all the back-channel agreements that happen.  I'm actually rooting for Hinkie to complain about tampering if Robinson signs with the Nets in the offseason.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sixers had the option to pick him up and they did. Good for them. Robinson will get mins. He just needs to play hard for a nice long term contract after this season

Robinson is young and will get more opportinities to join a contending team later

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
well it's a lock that the Sixers are trying to get the worst record ;)