Author Topic: Grant Jerrett  (Read 1286 times)

Grant Jerrett
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
OKC made a great trade (imo) today, but in so doing has left themselves two players over the max, necessitating cuts.  One of them will likely be Grant Jerrett.  He's raw PF from the 2013 draft who's best attribute is his jump shot.  He's 6'10, with a 7'2" wingspan, and proved relatively athletic at the combine two years ago.  He left after his freshman year, so is still quite young at 21.  His salary is guaranteed at the minimum next year, and has two more non-guaranteed years after that, so it's a pretty team-friendly contract.  Should Danny put a claim on him and (if he wins the claim) stash him in Maine next year as he works on pretty much everything else in his game that doesn't involve shooting, or should he pass? 

Obviously as I'm starting this thread I'm in the claim him camp.  Release Shav and see what this guy can become.

Re: Grant Jerrett
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:30:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
OKC made a great trade (imo) today, but in so doing has left themselves two players over the max, necessitating cuts.  One of them will likely be Grant Jerrett.  He's raw PF from the 2013 draft who's best attribute is his jump shot.  He's 6'10, with a 7'2" wingspan, and proved relatively athletic at the combine two years ago.  He left after his freshman year, so is still quite young at 21.  His salary is guaranteed at the minimum next year, and has two more non-guaranteed years after that, so it's a pretty team-friendly contract.  Should Danny put a claim on him and (if he wins the claim) stash him in Maine next year as he works on pretty much everything else in his game that doesn't involve shooting, or should he pass? 

Obviously as I'm starting this thread I'm in the claim him camp.  Release Shav and see what this guy can become.

Jarrett was sent to Utah in the Kanter trade, I believe.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
But I'm all for cutting Shav (and maybe Datome) to pounce on a buyout or roster casualty from all the deadline action.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Jarrett was sent to Utah in the Kanter trade, I believe.

Yeah, I see that on ESPN, but not NBA.com, where I originally looked.  Obviously if Utah wanted him, they could have acquired him, or put in a claim ahead of us.

Crazy trade deadline, trying to figure out who went where.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182