Author Topic: NBA Trade Deadline Watch  (Read 37242 times)

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Watch
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2015, 02:23:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ira Winderman ?@IraHeatBeat

ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks.

If Phoenix was bluffing to get more for Dragic, it looks like it's working.  I doubt Phoenix is too excited about taking on McRoberts' contract, though.

Wow.  That would be a insane price to pay for Dragic.  Why hasn't PHX hit "accept" yet if that's the case.

That's fools gold. The picks won't be until 2017, at the earliest, and likely protected. McRoberts is out for the year and who knows how he'll look upon his return. Birdman is a shell of himself and has another year left. Cole has struggled all year and is a FA this summer.
Fine trade for Miami, because Dragic reportedly would want to stay there... Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh and Whiteside is a pretty interesting team if healthy.   Would be really interesting to see them face off vs the Cavs in the playoffs.

Pat Riley is gangster.

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
This just in from the Celtics front office,  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2015, 02:29:11 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
This just in from the Celtics front office,  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Ha!

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
What's really sad is that we will still have Brandon Bass, who is going to continue to hinder the growth and development of Sully/KO. Of Bass, Thornton and Prince, I would give away Bass and Thornton, to allow Sully/KO and Young time to develop.

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 02:30:54 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Ainge probably has one phone call to make and will begin dialing at 2:59.

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
What's really sad is that we will still have Brandon Bass, who is going to continue to hinder the growth and development of Sully/KO. Of Bass, Thornton and Prince, I would give away Bass and Thornton, to allow Sully/KO and Young time to develop.

Or you could just bench those guys.  There is no law saying they have to play. 

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Ira Winderman ?@IraHeatBeat

ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks.

If Phoenix was bluffing to get more for Dragic, it looks like it's working.  I doubt Phoenix is too excited about taking on McRoberts' contract, though.

Wow.  That would be a insane price to pay for Dragic.  Why hasn't PHX hit "accept" yet if that's the case.

That's fools gold. The picks won't be until 2017, at the earliest, and likely protected. McRoberts is out for the year and who knows how he'll look upon his return. Birdman is a shell of himself and has another year left. Cole has struggled all year and is a FA this summer.
Fine trade for Miami, because Dragic reportedly would want to stay there... Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh and Whiteside is a pretty interesting team if healthy.   Would be really interesting to see them face off vs the Cavs in the playoffs.

Pat Riley is gangster.

That's going to be tough financially. Bosh is maxed out. Wade will be a FA in 2016. So will Whiteside. Dragic will demand big money. Then there's Deng who will likely opt out this summer. Plus, only having 2 1st rd picks in the next 5 years.

The "gangster" is selling out for the short term.

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yes, of course, it's totally Brandon Bass' fault that Sullinger and Olynyk suck.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes, of course, it's totally Brandon Bass' fault that Sullinger and Olynyk suck.

Why so negative? 

Sullinger and KO don't even have a proper NBA body. Once both get into peak shape, we will see if they suck

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ?@WojYahooNBA

Oklahoma City is engaged with Utah and Indiana in trade scenarios, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Pacers have long coveted Jackson too.

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 02:35:15 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
convinced that Danny does nothing!

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
At this rate the "ongoing negotiations" rule will stretch the OKC trade into next week.

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
David Aldridge just said on NBA TV that KG agreed to go to Minny.

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
David Aldridge ?@daldridgetnt  45s
Source: Kevin Garnett agrees to trade, will go home to Minnesota for Thaddeus Young.

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 02:36:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ?@WojYahooNBA

Oklahoma City is engaged with Utah and Indiana in trade scenarios, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Pacers have long coveted Jackson too.

I guess the Lopez trade will not happen.

Jackson and Dragic will be traded today. At least for a 1st round pick . If not OKC and the Suns will be making a mistake.