Author Topic: NBA Trade Deadline Watch  (Read 37312 times)

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Watch
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 02:04:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Let the pun season begin  ;D

Marc J. Spears
@SpearsNBAYahoo
The Sixers also received the rights to Nigerian forward Chu Chu Maduabum from Denver in the JaVale McGee trade.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ira Winderman ?@IraHeatBeat

ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks.

If Phoenix was bluffing to get more for Dragic, it looks like it's working.  I doubt Phoenix is too excited about taking on McRoberts' contract, though.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Marc J. Spears
@SpearsNBAYahoo
The Sixers also received the rights to Nigerian forward Chu Chu Maduabum from Denver in the JaVale McGee trade.

Can't even concentrate on deadline now. This post has interrupted my train of thought.

I should lose TP's for that.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Watch - Ainge is going to swoop in and get Dragic around 2:50....

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks.

If Phoenix was bluffing to get more for Dragic, it looks like it's working.  I doubt Phoenix is too excited about taking on McRoberts' contract, though.
I'm not sure McBob and Birdman constute "more". "Filler" may be a more adequate description.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Marc J. Spears
@SpearsNBAYahoo

Can't even concentrate on deadline now. This post has interrupted my train of thought.

I should lose TP's for that.

KD first to the punch:
Kelly Dwyer
@KDonhoops
The day I turned 21 my grandfather took me to the Candlelite for a drink. Barkeep made me the stiffest Chu Chu Maduabum I've ever had.

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 02:12:31 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Still, no way Phoenix turns down 2 firsts for Dragic considering his stated feelings about the organization and his plans this summer.

Edit: Haha that's better than mine.  :)

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 02:13:54 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if you watch the yahoo trade deadline ticket, Kelly Dwyer is a huge joke

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Wow.  That would be a insane price to pay for Dragic.  Why hasn't PHX hit "accept" yet if that's the case.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
If I was Pat Riley I'd pull the offer back at the last minute and make Phoenix accept one 1st.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The reggie jackson to brooklyn trade has me sad, I think it makes them better next year if thats the case and I want a top 6 lotto pick!

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I'm not sure McBob and Birdman constute "more". "Filler" may be a more adequate description.

Yeah, Birdman at least semi-fills a need for frontcourt depth, but if he was expiring it'd be more valuable.  I mainly meant Cole who seems to be drawing interest from a decent chunk of the league.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 02:17:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Wow.  That would be a insane price to pay for Dragic.  Why hasn't PHX hit "accept" yet if that's the case.
For starters, the numbers don't work, so the Suns have to send someone like PJ Tucker back. Also, I'm not sure why this is insane. Two bad, nonexpiring contracts and two picks 2+ years from now is not exactly earth-shaking.

edit: It actually DOES work for Dragic 1 + Dragic 2, which is apparently how they're offered.

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

That's fools gold. The picks won't be until 2017, at the earliest, and likely protected. McRoberts is out for the year and who knows how he'll look upon his return. Birdman is a shell of himself and has another year left. Cole has struggled all year and is a FA this summer.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 02:22:57 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
okc looking at kanter
wojo