Author Topic: NBA Trade Deadline Watch  (Read 37238 times)

Re: NBA Trade Deadline Watch
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ramona Shelburne and Broussard both reporting Sarver is refusing to trade Dragic and they're trying to move Thomas instead.  Interesting if true. 

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
It's been out there that Suns owner Robert Sarver is really not happy with Dragic. It was almost implied that he'd rather not send Dragic to one of his preferred destinations. Sarver has a bit of a rep about being stupid. Indeed would be stupid not to take two firsts for an expiring Dragic who says he's definitely leaving anyway. Then again, maybe that's not the whole story.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Ramona Shelburne and Broussard both reporting Sarver is refusing to trade Dragic and they're trying to move Thomas instead.  Interesting if true.

If true he could end up here... IT is probably the most realistic target if we get him for nothing, DA style

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

If true he could end up here... IT is probably the most realistic target if we get him for nothing, DA style
Not interested in getting him for nothing, I'd like to send Bradley's contract back, perhaps try to get Plumlee with him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:43:51 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Not interested in getting him for nothing, I'd like to send Bradley's contract back, perhaps try to get Plumlee with him.

True getting rid of AB's contract would be nice. It's well known how much DA likes IT, I think he'd be a good fit with Smart especially if PHX thinks moving him will 'appease Dragic."

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think you can all forget about Dragic.  We aren't a team he wants to play for.  Miami, a team he DOES want to play for, is reportedly offering multiple 1sts for him.  If that's the case, how does it make any sense that Boston would land him?   Not happening.

That said,  I could see us trading for Thomas.  I'm not a fan, though.  I hate small-ball midgets who can't play defense.  Danny has a history of going after them though... (nate rob, etc)

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 01:45:18 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Here's a great 2010 article on Sarver from when everyone was still angry with him, entitled "Phoenix Suns Owner Robert Sarver Not Fit to Own NBA Franchise"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408192-sarver-not-fit-of-owning-an-nba-franchise

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I think you can all forget about Dragic.  We aren't a team he wants to play for.  Miami, a team he DOES want to play for, is reportedly offering multiple 1sts for him.  If that's the case, how does it make any sense that Boston would land him?   Not happening.

That said,  I could see us trading for Thomas.  I'm not a fan, though.  I hate small-ball midgets who can't play defense.  Danny has a history of going after them though... (nate rob, etc)

Yeah, even if we really wanted Dragic, I can't see Danny beating 2 1sts when the most likely outcome is just two months of Dragic in green.  I think we were just looking into it as a buy-low opportunity anyway.

Thomas is an interesting possibility, but he would probably want to start and we would probably want him, at least long-term, as a bench sparkplug. 

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Here's a great 2010 article on Sarver from when everyone was still angry with him, entitled "Phoenix Suns Owner Robert Sarver Not Fit to Own NBA Franchise"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408192-sarver-not-fit-of-owning-an-nba-franchise

I think just for the sake of being more infuriating, Sarver pulled that stunt this preseason martrying himself and publicly giving money back to the fans for their preseason tickets all the while slinging mud at the Spurs.

He's an idiot.

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
I'm sure part of the reason PHX wants to keep Dragic (other than spiting him) is that they pretty much  forfeit a playoff spot without him, currently in contention for 8th. Trading him for two Miami future firsts (like 2017,2019) is that really worth it, even if he walks? Sarver probably thinks, "may as well keep him and let him whine and hopefully make the playoffs." That team hasn't made it in years, trading Dragic and knowing you won't make it now when you're close is a tough pill to swallow

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I'm sure part of the reason PHX wants to keep Dragic (other than spiting him) is that they pretty much  forfeit a playoff spot without him, currently in contention for 8th. Trading him for two Miami future firsts (like 2017,2019) is that really worth it, even if he walks? Sarver probably thinks, "may as well keep him and let him whine and hopefully make the playoffs." That team hasn't made it in years, trading Dragic and knowing you won't make it now when you're close is a tough pill to swallow

Plus trading Thomas over Dragic adds more cap room if/when Dragic declines his option and skips town this offseason. 

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
They could be negotiating protection on the picks too.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
OKC apparently probing another possible deal before committing to BKN.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 02:03:18 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 
2m  2 minutes ago   
Oklahoma City's probing another possible deal before committing to Brooklyn trade, league sources tell Yahoo. Decision soon.

^ And the drama starts

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
PHX board is in meltdown