Author Topic: Denver trading McGee  (Read 5633 times)

Re: Denver trading McGee
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
McGee has gone down the Darko route of putting on way too much weight / muscle to the detriment of his overall athleticism & game.

Needs to slim down again. Get back some of that lost athleticism.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:39 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Props to Hinkie, that's a great deal. Ainge beat Hinkie to the punch in the Cavs deal, now Hinkie returns the favor...

Or maybe Boston wasn't trying? $11 Million would have pushed the Celtics into luxury tax territory.

I think LB33 and GetLucky touched on why we didn't make this deal, and that's that Ainge has bigger fish to fry this summer. Something more impactful to do with the cap space.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high on a major free agent aquisition this summer.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Why would the Sixers take McGee? They already have Noel and Embiid who are both better and cheaper.

They know that size is at a premium, so they stockpiling 7fters.

I really think this IS the case.

I really do........lottery teams have been taking the same best center for years on end......that's why NBA needs draft reform ......in that you can NOT be in the lottery EVERY year or multiple years in a row once you win the lottery .....you go to the back of the line picking next year.

This would stop the tanking and make teams USE their player NOW and try and win ......instead of tanking for five plus years .....then trying to,assemble a team......this is boring ....it can be stopped easy enough.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:24 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
This is a simple deal.  Unused cap space for draft picks.  I think the 76ers were below the cap floor before this.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Props to Hinkie, that's a great deal. Ainge beat Hinkie to the punch in the Cavs deal, now Hinkie returns the favor...

Or maybe Boston wasn't trying? $11 Million would have pushed the Celtics into luxury tax territory.

I think LB33 and GetLucky touched on why we didn't make this deal, and that's that Ainge has bigger fish to fry this summer. Something more impactful to do with the cap space.

I wouldn't get my hopes to high on a major free agent aquisition this summer.

There are so many solid free agent centers and potentially solid centers in the draft, we can do better than McGee and should not settle. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Because the 76ers don't have enough picks already, looking to fund T-Wolves and take more salary back...

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568486785136902144

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2015, 05:06:10 AM »

Offline jdrocko

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
do you think we have any chance to sign him for the rest of the season? looks like he just want to play and we could give him a starter role...actually I'm not a big fan of JaVale but he's definetely worth a shot

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2015, 02:57:15 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
do you think we have any chance to sign him for the rest of the season? looks like he just want to play and we could give him a starter role...actually I'm not a big fan of JaVale but he's definetely worth a shot

I donīt think McGee would start for us. I am not so sure he would even crack the rotation. Zeller, Bass, Olynyk, Jerebko would likely be all ahead of him in the rotation.

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I donīt think McGee would start for us. I am not so sure he would even crack the rotation. Zeller, Bass, Olynyk, Jerebko would likely be all ahead of him in the rotation.

You really think KO and Jonas Jerebko would start ahead of McGee?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I honestly don't see what harm it could bring. Sign him for the rest of the year. If it doesn't work out, then he's gone in 20+ games anyways.

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

You really think KO and Jonas Jerebko would start ahead of McGee?

I thought Henry Sims has been starting Over McGee. He wasn't really getting any minutes in Denver even after they traded Mosgov. Something is off with him...