Author Topic: Latest Reggie Jax rumor from Woj: RJ to Nets for Brook Lopez  (Read 7013 times)

Re: Latest Reggie Jax rumor from Woj: RJ to Nets for Brook Lopez
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 12:12:56 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I wish Ainge would facilitate this and get Deng out of it somehow  :(

Edit: oops wrong thread!

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
G: Reggie Jackson, Jarret Jack
G: Deron Williams
F: Joe Johnson
F: Thaddeus Young
C: Mason Plumlee

I like this move for Brooklyn. I think a three guard backcourt of Deron Williams, Reggie Jackson and Jarret Jack is a nice mix. I am not sure Lionel Hollins is the right coach to utilize such a backcourt but it's got talent to it. Joe Johnson gives them an extra ball-handler and playmaker from the SF position. Another shooter who can space the floor and someone who can score one-on-one. Thaddeus Young adds real genuine pace and athleticism to this team. His defensive quickness will be huge in rectifying Brooklyn's ailing defense. Mason Plumlee gets to long term starting job.

I really like the mix of that team. A lot more dribble drive threats. Good spacing. More quickness. A lot more passing. That should open up their offense well and have improved defensive integrity due to Thaddeus Young's addition at PF.

They have Bogdanovic to backup Joe Johnson. Good role for him. I don't think he was working out well as a starter. Partly due to the talent around (Bogs not a good fit). Teletovic could make-do as the backup PF. They need a backup center to finish out rotation. 9 man rotation.
And now even sicker

I don't really understand why this makes you so sick to be honest.  Reggie is a volume shooter that really does NOT have a good true shooting percentage.  He is actually quite horrible from three.

Smitty77

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I think this is a good deal for Brooklyn unfortunately, as while I think RJ is overrated, he's still better than what Lopez has become.

I'm curious what this signifies as to what Brooklyn's long term approach is going forward. It seems their only two options are for them to clear the books gradually for superstars in a few years, or acquire talent through their only means left of overpaying players, as they have no real assets. This move would jive with the latter, as Jackson will likely get a fat deal this summer in spite of being what, the 20th best PG in the league? I guess that's good for us.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 12:28:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think this is a good deal for Brooklyn unfortunately, as while I think RJ is overrated, he's still better than what Lopez has become.
Yup, I was about to mention that getting rid of Lopez is addition by subtraction for the Nets.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Oh, great, now bringing Minny and Philly into the deal possible...

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568444011175919617
Talk about a 180 from yesterday. From hope to despair.

Hope about what??
You sleep in yesterday? Landing Dragic or Jackson. Both are huge upgrades over Bradley.

I much prefer Bradley on his current contract to Dragic or Jackson for the money they are seeking in free agency.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
It sounds like Jack is heading somewhere else( WAS?DET?) as a result of this RJ trade. Is RJ even much better than Jack?

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Interesting RJ shot chart in this link.  I thought this guy was a guard?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--reggie-jackson-key-to-thunder-s-serious-pursuit-of-nets--brook-lopez-160428405.html

Mike

He is.  But he attacks the basket pretty aggressively.  He reminds me of a young Monta Ellis.  Not a great jump shooter, but has a propensity for taking and making "hero shots" at the end of games (like Nate Robinson or Jamal Crawford).  Some people don't like that about him, but I think that's exactly the kind of thing the C's need right now.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Interesting RJ shot chart in this link.  I thought this guy was a guard?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--reggie-jackson-key-to-thunder-s-serious-pursuit-of-nets--brook-lopez-160428405.html

Mike

He is.  But he attacks the basket pretty aggressively.  He reminds me of a young Monta Ellis.  Not a great jump shooter, but has a propensity for taking and making "hero shots" at the end of games (like Nate Robinson or Jamal Crawford).  Some people don't like that about him, but I think that's exactly the kind of thing the C's need right now.

Thanks for the explanation.  +1

I don't know too much about this guy except that he has a really under-rated candy bar named after him.

Mike

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
There is no way that Jackson is going to say "yes, I will sign for sure if you offer me $xxM..."  So the best case for us would be that Jackson signs elsewhere, next best is if they overpay Jackson and doesn't do much.  I am not worried about this making BRK better at all.  It might, but more likely not in my opinion.

These picks are gold.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
And the intrigue grows, as OKC leverages Utah to push Brooklyn for, well, I'm not quite sure what...

Enes Kanter in the mix

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568490355370434561

Mike