Author Topic: Hibbert on the block?  (Read 5506 times)

Re: Hibbert on the block?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Trade Idea

Celtics Receive: C Roy Hibbert, SG CJ Miles, Pacers Future 1st Round Draft Pick

Pacers Receive: PG Ty Lawson, G Avery Bradley

Nuggets Receive: SG Marcus Thornton, PG George Hill

So celtics trade

Avery Bradley and Marcus Thornton

Get
Roy Hibbert and 1st rounder
Lol

Sounds good.  Where do I sign up.   ;)
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd rather give two first for Hibbert than the rumored guards. Hibbert at least does fit a need. Defense 1st Center. And he may pick up option as to hit the new cap raise as a FA. Works for me with no other guys on block appeal very much and Cs can't use all their picks.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd rather give two first for Hibbert than the rumored guards. Hibbert at least does fit a need. Defense 1st Center. And he may pick up option as to hit the new cap raise as a FA. Works for me with no other guys on block appeal very much and Cs can't use all their picks.
I'd only do something like that if Gerald Wallace's contract is involved.  Otherwise, it's stupid.  There's a few solid bigs available as free agents this summer.  If given the option of giving up two 1sts for Hibbert or waiting this summer and making an offer for Asik, I choose waiting. 

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 01:05:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd only do something like that if Gerald Wallace's contract is involved.  Otherwise, it's stupid.  There's a few solid bigs available as free agents this summer.  If given the option of giving up two 1sts for Hibbert or waiting this summer and making an offer for Asik, I choose waiting.
If you guarantee Asik I'm all on board with waiting. Will Pelicans let him go? Also the 1sts for Hibbert probably going to be clippers and Mavs variety it's not that big a deal. I'd think Wallace would be the contract to move. It gives them a expiring chip next year and doesn't move the wins needle for them to still be in lottery. Hibbert to Cs may mean playoffs so it may be best to wait for tank reasons.

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
My guess is that Indiana is looking for an All-Star or near All-Star talent in return for Hibbert.

I doubt they are looking for a rebuilding trade like draft picks and expirings.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 01:34:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Bass for Hibbert

Everybody thinks Bass is so all blessed wonderful ...then Indy should do this. ::)

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 01:58:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Absolutely I would trade for Hibbert, I think his presence in the middle makes our perimeter defense even that more deadly. 

Also if Hibbert is really on the block and Paul George is returning in March, wouldn't this confirm the rumors that Paul George knocked up his fiancee last season, leading to the demise of the team?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby