Author Topic: Hibbert on the block?  (Read 5518 times)

Hibbert on the block?
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:32:44 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Rival executives say that Indiana is open to trading Roy Hibbert. Nothing is imminent, but the Pacers would move him for the right offer.

Alex kennedy

Re: Hibbert on the block?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2955
Rival executives say that Indiana is open to trading Roy Hibbert. Nothing is imminent, but the Pacers would move him for the right offer.

Alex kennedy
I'm so undecided on Hibbert, especially with his murky contract situation.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Please no.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:48:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Alex kennedy
I'm so undecided on Hibbert, especially with his murky contract situation.

I'm sold on Hibbert.

His being able to opt out concerns me too, but we get him to recruit his buddy Monroe in free agency this summer, and wow....Hibbert at center and his Hoya buddy Monroe at PF....that would be a foundation for contention.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »

Offline cm43sports

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I live in Indiana and have never understood the love with Hibbert. He lacks any sense of athleticism and often appears uncoordinated and of course endurance is an issue. Too often he seems to forget that he is 7 feet tall and in addition to having rather poor hands, he will find a way to fumble the ball away while dribbling or he will take some god awful flip shot.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »

Offline redbirdsfan7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Trade Idea

Celtics Receive: C Roy Hibbert, SG CJ Miles, Pacers Future 1st Round Draft Pick

Pacers Receive: PG Ty Lawson, G Avery Bradley

Nuggets Receive: SG Marcus Thornton, PG George Hill

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 09:09:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If we can get Hibbert. We get Hibbert. No ifs ands or butts.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 09:13:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I live in Indiana and have never understood the love with Hibbert. He lacks any sense of athleticism and often appears uncoordinated and of course endurance is an issue. Too often he seems to forget that he is 7 feet tall and in addition to having rather poor hands, he will find a way to fumble the ball away while dribbling or he will take some god awful flip shot.

At 7'2"" and 290, the guy can literally clog the middle. He averages 2 blocks per game for his career. He is the rim protector we need.

Sully, filler (expirings and or Bradley) and picks could do it.

Get Monroe in FA, and were good to go.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

TP well said.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I can give you 86 reasons why, plus arm span!

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 09:46:43 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I see lack of desire or loss of focus .....during the game much less a whole season. 

I'm not sure he is up to the pressure and work load ......mental tuff ness to battle years to reach a title .
He seems happy to collect a big check .

He worked hard to improve his game ,  increase his worth ......but seems to just be ok just to be a cog in a team , not leader willing to lead his club to a title.

I m very unimpressed  at this point in Hibberts motor, stamina and mental focus on what needs to be done.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hibbert is an elite defensive center. His rim protection could put us over the top. He wouldn't do anything for our offense, but the fact that he is able to lead a bunch of journeyman Pacers to a top 10 defense is telling.

I'd want him to pick up his option for next season as a condition of the trade. The Pacers are rumored to be interested in Dragic, why not send him to Indy as part of a three way?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 09:54:57 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
As previously stated, Hibbert would have to pick up his player option but I would like to see him in green.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 10:14:28 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Trade Idea

Celtics Receive: C Roy Hibbert, SG CJ Miles, Pacers Future 1st Round Draft Pick

Pacers Receive: PG Ty Lawson, G Avery Bradley

Nuggets Receive: SG Marcus Thornton, PG George Hill

So celtics trade

Avery Bradley and Marcus Thornton

Get
Roy Hibbert and 1st rounder
Lol

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Hibbert is an elite defensive center. His rim protection could put us over the top. He wouldn't do anything for our offense, but the fact that he is able to lead a bunch of journeyman Pacers to a top 10 defense is telling.

I'd want him to pick up his option for next season as a condition of the trade. The Pacers are rumored to be interested in Dragic, why not send him to Indy as part of a three way?
He would make us better but what do you mean by over the top?  The top is the championship team, right?