Author Topic: Celtics emerging as contender for dragic  (Read 41683 times)

Re: Celtics emerging as contender for dragic
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
*Waits for "sources" to claim that Dragic won't re-up in Boston ala CP3*
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2015, 10:44:28 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Celts trade for Dragic, don't they have his bird rights this summer?

If so, trading for him makes perfect sense.

He's a great PG and can possibly help lure another free agent.

Even if he leaves in free agency, oh well.

It's time to start taking some risks.

Also, I am tired of seeing the Celts play the role of "facilitator."

That's crap.

Time to acquire some real talent and not more meaningless draft picks.

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
In hindsight I now wish we would've traded rondo for gortat and dragic back in the day.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm not trading for an unrestricted free-agent who is about to get PAID and is not a player you use as a building block.

What do you mean "is not a player you can use as a building block"?

If you can extend him, then he becomes a HUGE building block.

You wouldn't extend him, you would sign him to a five year deal using his Bird rights, but he would still hit Free Agency
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
If the Celts trade for Dragic, don't they have his bird rights this summer?

If so, trading for him makes perfect sense.

He's a great PG and can possibly help lure another free agent.

Even if he leaves in free agency, oh well.

It's time to start taking some risks.

Also, I am tired of seeing the Celts play the role of "facilitator."

That's crap.

Time to acquire some real talent and not more meaningless draft picks.

Okay so lets say we trade for him, We give up  #1 and a player
What do we get back in the sign and Trade? Probably a number 1, no net gain and we lose said player for nothing
If he walks, we lose, we gave a #1 and a player for a 30 day rental
If he stays, is he a "build around  player" Nope
If he stays we use somewhere between 15 and 20 mil in cap space (rumored that is what he is asking for and the Lakers are willing to pay)
All this for a guy that is at best a good complimentary piece .. no thanks

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 10:55:36 AM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
At the very least, I'd like to see the Celtics involved here as a facilitator...I know some are tired of that angle, but it makes so much sense here.

Dragic wants to go to NY, LA or Miami according to reports. I'm not sure those teams have what Phoenix wants...This could be all an angle by McDonough and Ainge to get the Celtics at the table as part of a bigger deal.

Here's the ultimate question: Would you deal the Clippers 1st round pick, if it meant ridding yourself of the Wallace contract and helping another Eastern Conference team acquire Dragic? If I'm the Celtics and could throw in the Clips pick to alleviate the strain of Wallace's contract, it's worth doing.

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 10:56:21 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I hear this news that even we've joined the pack of teams in on Dragic and can't help but think of those scenes in the Anchormans where the rival news teams keep showing up to fight.

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I really think he goes to the Lakers. Gotta think they'll be motivated to get a PG - a need they've had for years. Supposedly, Phoenix wants size and I think Jordan Hill would work better in their system than any big we currently have. Phoenix is due their 1st from this year if it's out of the top 5, but Lakers could give future draft considerations.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 11:02:55 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think Gorac would stay if DA convinces him this team will be built for a championship.. Sort of like when KG rejected the idea of being traded to Boston until Ray came along..

If he were somehow able to pull Cousins away from from Sac this team could most def compete in the East.. Even if not he will still trample on the first team shipping out their star in order to rebuild..

Another reason he would sign is Boston is a big market team.. He preferred NY, LA, and Miami but I wouldnt doubt Bos is in the 2nd tier..

It could be a bidding war so offer the LAC 1st a few seconds and Bass if they are still looking for front court help plus a filler with expiring contract.. In the end if the Celtics lose him they lose the 24th pick.. How often does a 20-something pick turn into a star???

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 11:04:29 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
At the very least, I'd like to see the Celtics involved here as a facilitator...I know some are tired of that angle, but it makes so much sense here.

Dragic wants to go to NY, LA or Miami according to reports. I'm not sure those teams have what Phoenix wants...This could be all an angle by McDonough and Ainge to get the Celtics at the table as part of a bigger deal.

Here's the ultimate question: Would you deal the Clippers 1st round pick, if it meant ridding yourself of the Wallace contract and helping another Eastern Conference team acquire Dragic? If I'm the Celtics and could throw in the Clips pick to alleviate the strain of Wallace's contract, it's worth doing.
Maybe

But the whole point in taking on wallace was that we got more draft picks if he was part of the deal

I think we should just wait it out.  Or we could stretch him if we got desperate
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I hear this news that even we've joined the pack of teams in on Dragic and can't help but think of those scenes in the Anchormans where the rival news teams keep showing up to fight.
So the fakers are Wes Mantooth's crew, right?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 11:06:03 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think Gorac would stay if DA convinces him this team will be built for a championship.. Sort of like when KG rejected the idea of being traded to Boston until Ray came along..

Quite frankly, if he prefers LA or NY as has been reported, sounds like winning isn't as high on his list of priorities as playing for a big market is.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Quite frankly, if he prefers LA or NY as has been reported, sounds like winning isn't as high on his list of priorities as playing for a big market is.
Those were the teams from his list leaked. There were 7 teams on his list and we only know 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Those were the teams from his list leaked. There were 7 teams on his list and we only know 3.
Those teams are clearly strategic leaks. Teams with zero assets, so they're not realistic trade partners but would be FA threats.

Its a shot across the bow to the other teams that Goran is going to have big money FA offers from big markets so they should give up the farm for his bird rights now.

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

There is no way I give up any type of first or second rounder to rid ourselves of Wallace's contract. Better to leave him where he is and teach the kids about work ethic and effort. Save him for trade deadline next year or just let him come off the books after next season