Author Topic: Trade Idea: Dragic to SAC (BOS helps facilitate)  (Read 2331 times)

Trade Idea: Dragic to SAC (BOS helps facilitate)
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:45:35 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Danny Ainge calls up RM (Phoenix gm) and finds out Dragic is going to be traded to the kings once a 3rd team is found to help facilitate the deal.

As much as he doesn't want the Kings to be successful (since he wants to pursue a trade for Cousins), he agrees to help facilitate the trade. He knows some other team like Philly will act as facilitator if he doesn't.

Here's what Ainge should do:

BOS receives: Thompson, Stauskas
SAC receives:Dragic, Bass
PHO receives: Collison, future protected pick (via SAC), future 2nd (via BOS)

The Celtics get Stauskas for taking on Thompson and helping facilitate Dragic to SAC.

Re: Trade Idea: Dragic to SAC (BOS helps facilitate)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:39:48 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Collison is a quality point guard. I don't know if they'd give up a pick and Stauskas to pay Dragic 15 mil over Collison 5.

I don't know what the Kings are doing. But without a guarantee Dragic re-signs, I don't know how much they give to get him

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 05:13:54 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Dragic has a better chance resigning with Phoenix

I mean they signed his brother zorin

Also they could easy give away a first rounder to get rid of Thomas despite not being the type of player that u just salary dump

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Dragic has a better chance resigning with Phoenix

I mean they signed his brother zorin

Also they could easy give away a first rounder to get rid of Thomas despite not being the type of player that u just salary dump

I think you've missed all of the recent reports from last night in which Dragic has heavily intimated that he has no intention of staying in Phoenix.  He's even gone as far as to say he's "lost trust" in the Suns organization.

Edit: here you go:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2015/02/17/goran-dragic-suns/23591221/

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Danny Ainge calls up RM (Phoenix gm) and finds out Dragic is going to be traded to the kings once a 3rd team is found to help facilitate the deal.

As much as he doesn't want the Kings to be successful (since he wants to pursue a trade for Cousins), he agrees to help facilitate the trade. He knows some other team like Philly will act as facilitator if he doesn't.

Here's what Ainge should do:

BOS receives: Thompson, Stauskas
SAC receives:Dragic, Bass
PHO receives: Collison, future protected pick (via SAC), future 2nd (via BOS)

The Celtics get Stauskas for taking on Thompson and helping facilitate Dragic to SAC.

Seems like a stretch to involve the Cs

Why wouldn't the trade just be

Sac receives Dragic

Suns receives Stauskas, D Williams and sac future 1st
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Guess I don't see how or why it benefits the Celts to be a facilitator and help another team get a guy that I want on my team in Dragic.

Plus Stauskas and Thompson really do nothing for me and I know Sac is looking to dump both guys.

Why should we pick up their garbage?

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Stauskas is not garbage. Jason Thompson's contract is what makes the trade happen. The only way the Cs get involved is to take on a contract that Sacramento doesn't want. Yea they could offer Derrick Williams, but they might also be willing to keep him, and then let him expire. So getting Stauskas as compensation for taking on the rest of Thompson's contract (3 years) works. 

Woke up this morning and saw reports that the Celtics are a potentiometer suitor for Dragic. I would like to get him to Boston. But if we can't get him, I have no problem doing the above mentioned deal

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 02:28:19 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I'd rather have Derrick Williams than Thompson.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo